Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hmmm... I wonder what he means.

LOL Shadzter, I didn't know that was you (due to the name change) so when I was replying on my iPhone (where your sig was too small to see) I was thinking "who is this know it all asshole?" lol

Ha ha! That's ok :)

If certain vehicles could use different characters then why the hell does Mee Mee need her own roster slot?...

Hmmm, this is all very confusing.

• Thumbs Up 2

If certain vehicles could use different characters then why the hell does Mee Mee need her own roster slot?...

Hmmm, this is all very confusing.

Agreed. MeeMee definitely looks like an alternate for Aiai rather than her own racer, but it's pretty clear that she is separate. Which makes the execution of her addition look rather lazy. At least with all the Sonic characters, they have drastically different cars. With MeeMee it looks like a recolor of Aiai's car.

lNd5o.png

I'm guessing, then, that Gum will be on a recolor of Beat's car and any other secondary will also be in a recolor.

Two things here. Firstly, mention of 29 characters:

Also LOL at Wario with 'Not enough content'. Seriously? Every character has three vehicles effectively. So that's 29 X 3 = 87. That's before the All-Stars, or the transforming tracks, or the interactive music etc etc etc.

And secondly...

That is right on the money. These vehicles are crafted with the same attention to detail that the characters themselves are. They aren't just a vehicle which the character drives. They are an extension of themselves. The colour is as much a part of that as the way it looks.

But MeeMee is driving an everso slightly modified version of AiAi's car? That goes against that design philosophy.

Edited by Blue Blood

The game plays and looks gorgeous and smooth, but MeeMee being in with a vehicle almost exactly like AiAi's killed half of this hype.. And I'm worried even more about this, because now I'm thinking that Gum's vehicle may be just a recolor of Beat's sad.png

Edited by Jango

But MeeMee is driving an everso slightly modified version of AiAi's car? That goes against that design philosophy.

To be fair, MeeMee herself is a lazy female version of Aiai (this goes back to the original character creation and isn't Sumo's fault). So having MeeMee's car as a recolor of Aiai's with slightly different stats is a perfect extension of the character. :3

• Thumbs Up 5

Wasn't it already said that Gum's vehicle was a recolour of Beat's? S0L said something like imagine if they had been given the same chassis and decked it out in their own way.

To be fair, MeeMee herself is a lazy female version of Aiai (this goes back to the original character creation and isn't Sumo's fault). So having MeeMee's car as a recolor of Aiai's with slightly different stats is a perfect extension of the character. :3

Called it :3

inb4someonesaysbutmeemeeisjustarecolour

All of MeeMee's bios talk about her loving flowers and scents, being very stlylish and not being anywhere near as interested in bananas as AiAi is. So she's driving a banana car, which doesn't suit her.

Oh wow you're right, her official bios do mention that she's not very interested in bananas and disheartened by the thought that AiAi may love bananas more than he loves her! It really doesn't make any sense for her to be using a banana car!

MeeMee is confirmed. Didn't mean to do that, but she's part of the starting roster. I'll wait for the shouting at from SEGA on that one tongue.png

Item Prompts you saw were for co-op play. Here you can pass items between players so if player 1 needs a boost and you have one, pop it across. It's really cool and we also give you some extra XP for playing nice tongue.png

Knuckles All-Star move, yeah, watch the video tongue.png

Catch-up respot. OK so what's happened there if you get too far behind and the track changes in a way it would mess you up, is we reset you forwards. It can be confusing the first time it happens, but you must have been quite far back!

You could have come and said hello BTW!

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?424113-Tidbits-I-found-at-the-Manchester-Expo&p=7605862&viewfull=1#post7605862

The sharing items in co-op is pretty cool.

With MeeMee it looks like a recolor of Aiai's car.

lNd5o.png

This is the character that nobody will touch. Man this is straight up lazy right here.

yeah at least Gum looks way different from Beat in every way so her having the same vehicle is somewhat more justified than AiAi with a Flower/Skirt

seriously.

Edited by Super Soniko

not really, it's still MeeMee and she's still a lame choice, a waste of effort if you ask me.

I do love you for putting Gum in though :D

Ah, the logic behind the secondary character inclusions does make perfect sense (though I can't help but agree with Blue Blood et al. about her car being inaccurate to her as a result), however this does raise the question of...

It was said ages back that there'd be 29 characters across all platforms right? Does this mean these extra bonus characters who aren't "taking the place of other potential characters" have added to that total? Or were they planned from the start and are included in that (i.e they are not late additions "just for fun" as it is coming across).

I mean I'm not a huge character nut so personally it doesn't bother me either way, not being a huge SEGA buff I'm already satisfied with the Sonic cast (and Gum), but I am still curious all the same. If that can be answered obviously.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Knuckles All-Star move, yeah, watch the video tongue.png

I do not remember seeing this at all.

'for free'

I had to do this, sorry:

Edited by Chooch

No, the figure of 29 includes the secondaries.

I did tell you a while back that 29 is the total amount of playable characters, at the same time I made it clear that there aren't 29 characters in any given platform.

I can't say anything else about it at this time, as it'd technically be a reveal, and SEGA control these.

But it varies due to platform specifics, i.e. Avatar and Mii, and there are some other elements not yet revealed which impact on the roster count both cross platform and on specific platforms.

Hence the 'low twenties' and 'high twenties' comment I made about it way back when.

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 2

I did tell you a while back that 29 is the total amount of playable characters, at the same time I made it clear that there aren't 29 characters in any given platform.

I can't say anything else about it at this time, as it'd technically be a reveal, and SEGA control these.

But it varies due to platform specifics, i.e. Avatar and Mii, and there are some other elements not yet revealed which impact on the roster count both cross platform and on specific platforms.

Hence the 'low twenties' and 'high twenties' comment I made about it way back when.

---

S0L

---

I don't know if that makes anyone feels better.

I've already bought the game by the way, even if not EVERY char or track I want is in, as long as it's fun (and I know it is), I'm 100% happy :) Also, there's always DLC possibilities.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well i was settled when you- sorry, a Magazine announced Gum, so i'm not too bothered, had it on Pre-order for months.

Just hoping there is going to be like, some obscure references in this game that you're keeping on the low!

• Thumbs Up 1

Give S0L a rest, would ya? I for one am happy we get these "clones" (while they are clearly not, since its a different model, animation, All-Stars etc) better to have em that not to have them at all, I wish Meemee wouldve got a flower motif for her car , but its still nice.

on another note: Holy crap that After Burner track is gorgeous! That is (for now) my favorite track revealed so far, so many things happening, its action packed, and I really love the transitions in this particular track. Mods are a great addition too! I had some "ahh I love this character but it has poor handling...fine Ill pick this one instead" nice to know you can apply these to your liking.

---

S0L

---

Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying.

With regards to the bit I bolded though - is anyone out there saving all the posts S0L makes where he's unable to talk about details and gives clues that make no sense? I really want to come back to them later after release and have some awesome mind blown moments when it all makes perfect sense. 8C

Edited by JezMM

Well i was settled when you- sorry, a Magazine announced Gum, so i'm not too bothered, had it on Pre-order for months.

Just hoping there is going to be like, some obscure references in this game that you're keeping on the low!

There's already pretty obscure references on the achievements and Rex told they're trying to put as many cameos as possible, so there will be a ton of things to look at! I can't stop thinking of how amazing the multi-IP track will look like, Sumo, let your imagination (and legal license) fly!

So... now I'm confused.

JUdging from a few posters I've seen in the topic and such-what's the character scene going to be like on Wii U? Is Wii U getting an OK deal in terms of characters, or the lesser one? Or same as PS3?

There's already pretty obscure references on the achievements and Rex told they're trying to put as many cameos as possible, so there will be a ton of things to look at! I can't stop thinking of how amazing the multi-IP track will look like, Sumo, let your imagination (and legal license) fly!

Actually we have been refused quite a few of the things we wanted to put in... And had to change a few others... It's really hard at times to make choices without falling foul of ownership, or legal issues....

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 1