Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Actually we have been refused quite a few of the things we wanted to put in... And had to change a few others... It's really hard at times to make choices without falling foul of ownership, or legal issues....

Can you name at least one ownership that this happened? God I hope it's not Streets of Rage, still want to see any sight of it

Has there been any mention yet of when the PC/Steam version will be released? Wikipedia says TBA but I don't know if any info was released here or not.

Has there been any mention yet of when the PC/Steam version will be released? Wikipedia says TBA but I don't know if any info was released here or not.

They're working on it, but still no release date :/

The reasoning is justified, just don't be surprised if nobody ever plays as Meemee online. Saying that now you guys will make her god tier just to wind people up ahaha.

The reasoning is justified, just don't be surprised if nobody ever plays as Meemee online. Saying that now you guys will make her god tier just to wind people up ahaha.

I'm on to it!

I plan to, if people complain enough I may wind up playing as her to get a laugh.

That and I actually like her.

Also is it kind of lame to anyone else that all the female characters excluding Danica are pink in some fashion? Not much variety there. If there is one more secondary character Aika wouldn't be a bad choice, just saying. Please don't include Pudding, she was probably up there as the most pointless addition to SST, alongside buttmouth-monkey. :P

To be perfectly honest the track selection so far and all the improvements mean this will defiantly excel the original ten fold. Not having some of the amazing character choices from the first just means the first game doesn't become obsolete, as I'll always wanna go back to it for Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros, Ryo etc. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait... there's going to be online play in this game? What's going to be done to prevent hackers? I can see multiplayer going south very quickly if there are hackers. Maybe the devs can answer this one (Has this been discussed already?)

Edited by Frogging101

To be perfectly honest the track selection so far and all the improvements mean this will defiantly excel the original ten fold. Not having some of the amazing character choices from the first just means the first game doesn't become obsolete, as I'll always wanna go back to it for Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros, Ryo etc. smile.png

Agreed. While some characters will be missed in the sequel, I'm glad that the second game doesn't make the first game obsolete. I really do like playing ASR, and I like having reasons to go back to it.

---

Some eagle eye findings from the video:

In World Tour mode we get a peek at some of the missions. Amigo is unlocked after playing the Samba Studio mission.

MYJ9N.png

Off of Roulette Rush is an odd little shape. Cannot tell what the heck it is, but I'd really like to find out!

7X75f.png

Coolest finding is the fabled Slot Machine seen in post-it notes in that video Steve made at the Sumo offices:

L2rQl.png

Wonder what it does, and if it is a SEGA branded slot machine? Would be awesome if it is an actual retro model of a real SEGA slot machine.

Just like the first one? Yeah there is.

Heh, well I haven't played the first one so I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Did the first one have a problem with hackers on PC though?

Edited by Frogging101

I forget if it was hackers or just exploits on certain tracks that made you have ridiculous times in Time Attack. Pretty sure it was the latter. The PC version in the first game didn't have online at all I'm pretty sure. It was just the console versions.

I never experienced anything bad like that in an actual race tho'. I mean, if it did, that mean I'd actually be losing. ;3

Edited by Chooch

Gum isn't really pink at all.

Oh yeah I forgot all about Gum haha. Doesn't help that unlike the rest we haven't seen her in game yet.

Uh, I have a question, a dumb one: will the characters still have their theme music when they activate the all-star move? I sorta heard a chiptune version of Reach for the Stars during Sonic's all-star move on that "old" Wii U footage. Can you say something, S0L? :)

Edited by Jango

Someone posted this in the TSS comments.

From speaking with Steve Lycett at Play, albeit outside of the panel, I learnt that (At least some of) the All-Star moves have been toned down inorder to get them to work online, hence no Super Sonic.

Other things of note:

* When Sonic’s All-Star is active, “Reach for the Stars” from Sonic Colors (Specifically, the version when Super Sonic is active) plays.

* There are more platform exclusives than the Mii & Avatar characters, which should be released in the next few weeks.

* Not every character will return, but Steve said he wasn’t going to say more than that since some of the exclusions are likely to upset people.

* There are lots more cameos like Ristar in the Death Egg Zone track, but he didn’t reveal anything more than that.

* Danica Patrick was nearly removed from non-US versions of the game, but was kept in so people didn’t feel like they were losing a character.

* The final unlockable will please A LOT of people, and it’s not Classic Sonic.

Wow, Danica was almost removed from non-US versions? I can totally understand that, and to be honest I would have expected to see her on the US boxart (and Ralph internationally). Glad they didn't get rid of her though. That would have just been unfair, and would have led to inevitable complications online.

The final unlockable will please A LOT of people, huh? I bet 10 bucks it's a blank paper that you can paste any character picture you want on it :P That will please everybody haha

• Thumbs Up 3

I was also at the Play Expo in Manchester, didn't know any other forum/community members at the ASRT demo though. In the Q&A I asked S0L if the crowd recordings from Summer of Sonic are still being included in the game (they are).

I think most of the other stuff has been covered here already (e.g. console exclusives besides Miis / Xbox avatars)

Really looking forward to the game - I like the co-operative missions and item sharing. Not something I was aware of until the demonstration. (I've only been following the gist of the official announcements and hadn't read this huge thread until now!)

Edited by Retrix

More platform exclusives? Oh joy.

Well, we already know of a third mystery guest which may or may not be a PC exclusive. Also, they could slip in something for PS3 given that they don't get an avatar car. Perhaps a Sony character? Doubtful, but not impossible.

Please alot of people can only mean ryo hazuki to me, otherwise I wouldn't know what would. But we'll see