Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Now I've just noticed something! In the very first gameplay footages, you could still see which weapon a racer was carrying above his head, but now you can't! I remember complaining about this, because it's something that, in my opinion, kinda of make the game a little easier. When you see a player holding a non homing weapon behind you, you already know how to avoid it, that also kills the surprise element haha Thanks for listening that one complaint Sumo biggrin.png

Edited by Jango

might of been a BETA glitch that they were fixing in the build.

I'm super psyched for the game's release next month, i have a Question S0L/Rex... Can world tour be played co-op by none local friends? say through multiplayer online? or is it reserved solely for local play?

might of been a BETA glitch that they were fixing in the build.

It was a feature of the original, so it's pretty doubtful such a thing would be a glitch.

no, in THIS one i know it was a feature in the last, but adding a whole "evade" system to the sequel would make having a hovering item in your arsenal above your car pointless.

S0L/Rex I got a question for you xD I know youre busy with work and I appreciate how you guys despite all the work still answer our silly questions..

Anyways, since it got revealed already, could you guys tell me why during Sonics All-Star, does it turn into the plane/jet form? I mean, it is kind of weird because if you ask me, it wouldnt look off if he did the same while in car / boat mode after all it looks like just rings around the vehicle for protection (I guess) and Sonic doing a homing attack, or does the All-Star change depending on the terrain? (*shameless attempt to get another question answered*)

Thanks in advance :P

S0L/Rex I got a question for you xD I know youre busy with work and I appreciate how you guys despite all the work still answer our silly questions..

Anyways, since it got revealed already, could you guys tell me why during Sonics All-Star, does it turn into the plane/jet form? I mean, it is kind of weird because if you ask me, it wouldnt look off if he did the same while in car / boat mode after all it looks like just rings around the vehicle for protection (I guess) and Sonic doing a homing attack, or does the All-Star change depending on the terrain? (*shameless attempt to get another question answered*)

Thanks in advance tongue.png

To save space I guess? If ya notice doing all the footage shown, Sonic stays in jet mode all the time while in All-Star; in the last bits of the Play Expo footage, he passes through a gate and doesn't change; during the NYCC footage, he changes to it even on water, etc. There wasn't any space for multi-racers, so I'd guess it was the same for All-Stars.

Thanks in advance tongue.png

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 5

LOL I can see the bank notes now. Sonic on one side and Mario on the other. I'm sure that's a hidden metaphor for a bigger statement, but it's not intentional!

We couldn't do lots of model swaps due to memory, hence no Super Sonic, Super Shadow etc. Instead we've tried to find attacks that suit the character. So Sonic has a homing spin attack, Shadow does a Chaos Control blast, AiAi throws bananas.

Console limitations, eh? Wouldn't have that problem on PC I bet :P

Edited by Frogging101

Hey S0L/SumoRex, will secondary characters like Reala, Gum and MeeMee have their own unique All-Star Move like in Sega Superstars Tennis? Their own All-Star Moves would set them apart from the 'primary' characters, but considering they share quite a similar vehicle and the All-Star is set in plane mode, I'm not sure about that! So please let me know if you're able to share this piece of information.

By the way, I don't mind these characters at all. In fact I'd love to main Pudding if she is in!

Well you've got to consider that All-Star move have to work irrespective of land, air or sea. We took the tack of putting them all in 'flight' mode so it works for all surfaces.

We couldn't do lots of model swaps due to memory, hence no Super Sonic, Super Shadow etc. Instead we've tried to find attacks that suit the character. So Sonic has a homing spin attack, Shadow does a Chaos Control blast, AiAi throws bananas.

All of them have unique music, effects and more. We also did this to make sure all the moves can work online, due to the complexity of them last time, making them work online would have took a long time.

They're still cool moments, you'll see when you get to try it tongue.png

---

S0L

---

I agree there, its a good decision. Im sure Ill enjoy them, and in a way its better, since its gonna be an attack that suits the character perfectly :3 and what better move for Sonic than a homing spin attack? (Ill still miss ol Super Sonic though!) thanks for taking your time to answer this I truly appreciate it :) Chaos control sounds nice :3

Only 30fps again?

http://segabits.com/...t-your-driving/

I understand the reasoning. I'm just a little disappointed.

Get the PC version. Goes as fast as your PC does. I'd love to do it at 60 on a console. In fact one of the original goals of the first game was a 60fps framerate, but we got compared to a Dreamcast game visually by the powers that were at the time, so now we make it pretty and lock it at 30:P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

Get the PC version. Goes as fast as your PC does. I'd love to do it at 60 on a console. In fact one of the original goals of the first game was a 60fps framerate, but we got compared to a Dreamcast game visually by the powers that were at the time, so now we make it pretty and lock it at 30:P

---

S0L

---

Wow, the PC version isn't completely being limited by the console version? I am impressed. The "consolization" of games and shoddy console ports to PC have been a problem in the game industry recently and I'm happy to see that Sumo is taking steps to ensure the game takes advantage of each platform's capabilities rather than making a lazy port.

Sonic Racing director wants to include characters from Capcom and Namco

http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=45783

---

S0L

---

Thanks, but I don't think my PC is set up for gaming.

Sonic Racing director wants to include characters from Capcom and Namco

0>Fucks Given

Oh boy, I can play as Megaman Zero Ryu and Pac-Man! WOOPEE

---

S0L

---

What a better way to make homage to SEGA then by making the graphics like the Dreamcast! *shot*

0>Fucks Given

Oh boy, I can play as Megaman Zero Ryu and Pac-Man! WOOPEE

You know, to some, that actually seems like a cool idea.:/

You know, to some, that actually seems like a cool idea.:/

-looks around-

Pac-Man? Anyone a big fan of Pac-Man here? We're talking about the Pac-Man that had ONE, maybe TWO good games that the series still rides the coat-tails of to this day.

Capcom would be alright, as long as I got to play as Felicia. >;3

Edited by Sexy Nightmaren Reala

-looks around-

Pac-Man? Anyone a big fan of Pac-Man here? We're talking about the Pac-Man that had ONE, maybe TWO good games that the series still rides the coat-tails of to this day.

Capcom would be alright, as long as I got to play as Felicia. >;3

I'm mainly referring to the idea of certain Capcom and namco Characters being playable. Not just the ones you listed.

I'm mainly referring to the idea of certain Capcom and namco Characters being playable. Not just the ones you listed.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not readily aware of Namco's characters. Do they own Rayman? That'd be kinda cool, I guess.