Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

You got All Star moves, triple boost, triple rocket and the aforementioned blue rockets. If they don't get you back in the race, well... you probably aren't too good at the game.

Drift-boost works. But it's so stupidly difficult it may as well not even exist.

So I'm playing the first one now, and I totally forgot how Tails and Knuckles had makeshift Super forms! Knuckles uses the Master Emerald and gains flight, while Tails gets a bunch of golden flickies. <3 Hope they both return this time around. I can't think of more perfect ASMs for them.

You know, if NiGHTS is in the game....

Land: Hovering ala Opa-Opa from ASR1

Air: Dragon form

Water: Boat form

As if we'd put in a Blue Shell. A little faith guys! What it does is drop things in front of first place, you can avoid them, but even doing that will slow you down. It doesn't however hit you in an unstoppable way with (hardly any) means of defence.

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 2

SOL, when you say Adventure mode are we talking something similar to Crash Team Racing?

We ought to have a post somewhere with all confirmed tidbits about the game so far.

SOL, when you say Adventure mode are we talking something similar to Crash Team Racing?

As if we'd put in a Blue Shell. A little faith guys! What it does is drop things in front of first place, you can avoid them, but even doing that will slow you down. It doesn't however hit you in an unstoppable way with (hardly any) means of defence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Care to explain?

CTR's adventure mode involves driving in a hub to find the levels, much like Diddy Kong Racing.

• Thumbs Up 4

Care to explain?

Edited by Winston

Wacky Racers also had a hub in which you drove about.

Though I had thought a preview mentioned an overworld map in which each location is a floating island. Sort of like Superstars Tennis method of selecting courts.

Btw, made up this visual representation of the roster. Whited out characters are ones from the last game that have yet to be revealed. Revealed returning characters are full color and new racers are added on the right end.

uEOlV.jpg

As S0L requested, can we please not discuss characters or post wishlists in this thread? It clogs up discussion of the game in general. Thank you.

I hope Ristar makes it in as a playable, I know I say it alot. But what can I say.. He's my most favorite SEGA character, and most wanted playable in ASRT for me. :) Because I do believe (to myself) He is an All-Star to this series.

Sorry about this, But I only hope Ristar will be a playable character somehow. (*crosses fingers*)

Typically the topic creator has all that info in the first post and edits it as we go along, but since that person is S0L, I'll take back that idea. lol

I did want to have a spot where we can revise the roster as it grows.

That was exactly my thought.

Maybe we should open a new topic with a sticky with all the important info on?

CTR's adventure mode involves driving in a hub to find the levels, much like Diddy Kong Racing.

About Crash Team Racing's adventure mode? Well you drive around in the hub world in your car as either two teams, Cortex or Crash's and you win races and obtain trophies/other stuff to get to the next world and you eventually get to the final boss and race him and stuff like that.

Ah, cool. I loved that about Diddy Kong Racing. Would be nice for it to be like that here. Here'S hoping for boss battles like in DKR.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm, if there's one thing that I'm just dying to hear more information about, it's the Adventure Mode. I mean, perhaps it's just me being a total crossover nut, but I honestly would really like to see how the characters all interact with each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

As S0L requested, can we please not discuss characters or post wishlists in this thread? It clogs up discussion of the game in general. Thank you.

Oh. Allllright then, I moved it to my sig.

But I can't see why discussing characters based on info given in interviews is a bad thing. I think S0L didn't want us to ask HIM about characters or send him wish lists, but its ok to talk characters as long as there is substance to what were posting rather than straight up lists (which are annoying). Like previews have hinted at a Space Channel 5 track, opening the door for Ulala, and it has been revealed that Bug and Space Harrier will not be present. http://www.gamesradar.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-hands-the-other-mascot-kart-racer-with-transforming-vehicles/?page=2

I have no problem with you starting another topic and talking specifically about characters for the game there, let's be clear. Let's just leave this topic for everything else about the game, that's all I'm saying. Reason being is that character and level theme wishlists will massively swamp discussion about the rest of the game - that part of discussion is big enough to warrant its own topic.

I think they just need to open a topic that has all the info on the game, that's stickied and locked so no one can reply.

SOL, I was just asking if stages would have other songs you can select for them, like the first game. And also, whether those songs would be remixed as well or just the main song.

I probably shouldn't have used the term "track" for song in a topic about a racing game, sorry if it was confusing.

I have no problem with you starting another topic and talking specifically about characters for the game there, let's be clear. Let's just leave this topic for everything else about the game, that's all I'm saying. Reason being is that character and level theme wishlists will massively swamp discussion about the rest of the game - that part of discussion is big enough to warrant its own topic.

Sounds cool, okay. Made a roster topic to help save this thread of that sort of stuff. cool.png

Not sure if already mentioned but isn't Beat's new model based on the one from Jet Set Radio instead of the other from Jet Set Radio Future?

• Thumbs Up 3

wrong thread, sorry dudez.

Edited by Barry the Nomad