Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

...So you aren't worried about the one the requires you to 1-4 sweep an online race with full local splitscreen? XD

Barry's mock poster probably inspired that one.

If thats the Team Sonic one. I don't think that'll be too bad. It's local co-op again, so 10 racers will also include the Ai, so set up 2 controllers then just race with the one pad and put difficulty to its easiest setting.

Oh fucking hell, missed that one.

Yeah that can fuck right off! How is anyone supposed to do that.

Why would you do that, if you're going to put multiplayer achivements into a game like this, at least let people unlock them in online. That is utterly crazy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm liking that Sumo have laid off the online only achievements, i was locked out of unlocking those achievements on my Xbox because i didn't have Live at the time.

Pff, welp. Won't be getting this one. I don't have 3 others who are gonna wanna play this game on my PC. 2 players would be fine, but this wasn't going to be a party game for me.

Forever alone, yes yes.

If you're buying games solely for the achievements, there's something wrong with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're buying games solely for the achievements, there's something wrong with you.

...He's not, he meant he won't be getting the Achievement, not the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

In order to get platinum on this game you'll need 4 controllers! Erm... thats really going to lock a lot of people out of this one. Not even sure I have 4 controllers, unless I can sync up the move navigation controller.

Anyone here going to be impacted by that one?

I usually skip local multyplayer since i haven't a lot of chances to invite people to play. Most of the times is the other way, so if i will use my PSN account while playing this game by one of my friends' house, it should work.

Huh? Not at all. Where do you live that "jerk" is considered a swear?

Here in my country is spelled

coglione

(spoiler for precaution).

It's basically an offensive version of "testicle" and it's used usually to indicate the stupidity or the moronic attitude of a person.

Edited by Teoskaven

I'm assuming Vita's trophies are slightly different than PS3/360? As in, an alternative for the Local play one or is it just the Local Play one?

And I'm getting the Wii U version before any console after Vita. So Achievements don't matter for that. (Or do they?... Probably not.)

I just can't understand though why theres been such a focus on local co-op, we know the game is getting online multiplayer, it sounds like it's going to be a pretty decent set up as well as some good multiplayer modes.

Yet all the multiplayer achievement focus is just on local co-op racing?

Just look at the list, the only online multiplayer thing I can see is that play as 10 random characters online. Thats it. No battle mode achievements, nothing for coming 1st in an online game, no 'hit X number of players with weapons online' nothing at all.

But local play... erm... why? Even if you had a group of 4... and had 4 controllers. It's still a ridiculous award. For the simple reason after you get it, you need to quit the game and sign in with a different account (definately the case for PS3 users).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see reason why you would need to quit the game and sign in with a different account on PS3?

Anyway, that achievement is obnoxious. I love how it's only worth 10 points.

I don't see reason why you would need to quit the game and sign in with a different account on PS3?

Because when you start the game you would be signed in under 1 account. You do what the game asks and the trophy is awarded to that account on the local machine...

In fact this gives you another idea just how little thought went into this one.

Say I have 3 friends over... we start up the PS3 and do the trophy on my account on my playstation. Trophy pops and I sync it to the server. Process should take about 30-60 seconds in total.

We then have to quit the game, we then have to sign in using another friends account. We do the trophy for him then sync to the server... however... because he has never used my PS3 before, the syncing process will take at least an hour as it'll have to sync his trophy data he has on the PSN server to the 'new' console.

We then need to do that 2 more times for the other guys.

When you sync the data it makes sure the trophy data is the same on BOTH the console and the PSN server, meaning unless the person you sync with only has a small handful or trophies already on the PSN server, the process is going to take an hour or two per user.

And before you think 'well can't we just sync the data when he gets back to his own console? Nope. Because when he starts his own console up, there is no record that the trophy was got, it would be locked to the other console it was awarded on. Meaning there is no way to get this without wasting several hours waiting for trophy data to sync onto someones system.

Unless this is going to be a case of the PS3 version not having this trophy which I hope is the case because it sounds like a hell of a lot of messing about if it does.

Online however would be a different story, you'd be at your own machine, everyone would be awarded the trophy at the same time, you then just need to sync it locally on your own at your own liesure.

Which is why I'm baffled as to why they thought local co-op would be a good idea for a trophy that complex.

Oh, you're talking from the perspective of helping other friends get the trophy in the same sitting.

I was just talking about getting it initially for yourself. I know the friends I would play locally with wouldn't even care about getting it, so a bunch of signing out and trophy syncing nonsense wouldn't really factor into things.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

The local ones are going to be a nightmare. It doesn't even look like you can dummy them all with multiple controllers since there's that one for specifically placing against AI. So you need four people that care enough about it right there with you? Pfft.

Also, yeah. The way trophies work does make this an extra headache. The Xbox version SHOULD reward everyone involved at the same time though.

For 100% we obviously need to go to forced interaction camps filled with Sonic fans. It is the only solution blah blah...

Possible solution to the local co-op problem if it can be done in any 10 player race mode.

"Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with local friends in a 10 player Race"

So... can it be done in an online race?

Think about it. Say I hold an online game with 4 people split screen (which we know you can do), I then invite someone else to the race, who has a 4 player split screen, then invite someone else who has 2 players.

Thats a 10 player race.

The other two guys simply sit back and do nothing whilst I come 1st/2nd/3rd/4th with my team... then swap for the next go.

Perform it on the quickest lap with the lowest number of laps possible, and hope that you don't lose connection. Bobs your uncle, trophy popped.

So... can it be done in an online race?

It's possible from just the wording. Obviously not with randoms but if organised correctly I forsee the difficulty falling substantially.... still need four people though with everyone who wants the reward.

There's also a chance it wouldn't work at all too but it seems sound to me.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

It's possible from just the wording. Obviously not with randoms but if organised correctly I forsee the difficulty falling substantially.... still need four people though with everyone who wants the reward.

There's also a chance it wouldn't work at all too but it seems sound to me.

Guarantee you if you registered on ps3trophies/xbox360achievements you'd find ample numbers of people with the tech to do it.

Mind you, can bet you'd find people on here willing to do it, that is if it works.

I'm thinking of getting this game at launch. Is anyone else buying it for Wii U? I would love to race with you guys.

Eh, that trophy? Most people do not really care about getting all of them. And I'm sure a ton of people will stumble upon it accidentally. It isn't a game breaker and it really isn't something to panic about. I know the Wii U version will be easy to get because most people have like 30000 controllers laying around the house.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking of getting this game at launch. Is anyone else buying it for Wii U? I would love to race with you guys.

I'm on the fence between 360 and PS3. The PS3 version may end up looking like the "definitive" version, but most of my online buddies are getting 360.

Shame that there's no voice chat built into the Wii U version but, don't lose heart. We can set up a Skype chatroom for our gatherings.

Eh, that trophy? Most people do not really care about getting all of them. And I'm sure a ton of people will stumble upon it accidentally.

I'm pretty much dead set on getting this game for the Xbox since that is really the only feasible option for me. The first week of online play should be pretty hilarious, so I am most definitely gonna try getting it at launch. :P

Wait, did Sumo confirm this or is this just going off what Nintendo said?

Edited by Blue Blood