Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

What!? So I'm going to have to buy another 2 controllers and invite 3 friends over just to get 100%?

Why SUMO? Do you have a deal with hardware manufacturers to sell more controllers?

Pointless trophy is pointless.

SOL, do you think the Wii U could be patched in the future to support some of the newer features (voice chat)?

Here in my country is spelled

coglione

(spoiler for precaution)

It's basically an offensive version of "testicle" and it's used usually to indicate the stupidity or the moronic attitude of a person.

"Jerk" doesn't mean anything like that here. The word simply refers to a belligerent, rude or disagreeable person.

Perhaps you may be thinking of "jerk off", which is a completely different term with a different meaning.

What!? So I'm going to have to buy another 2 controllers and invite 3 friends over just to get 100%?

Why SUMO? Do you have a deal with hardware manufacturers to sell more controllers?

Pointless trophy is pointless.

Just invite over friends who can bring their own controllers.

I'm getting the Wii U version, and the 3DS whenever it's available. (Amazon is still a bit confused, as I'm due to get the Wii U version on the 14th, before either the game or the console actually comes out! laugh.png ) Controllers will not be a problem, as I have three functional Wiimotes with M+, and three Wiimote+, plus the Gamepad to come. (Yes I'm a packrat. I did throw away the Wiimote that stopped working though.) People to play with will be the issue, as I typically only have 3-4 Wiimotes in use when I take it in to work on a down day, and then there'd be no internet.

Like Blue Blood pointed out for me, yeah, the Wii U version is confirmed to not have voice chat. I don't rightly care, since I find Skype the superior option but, I can see the issue since not everyone's computer is in the same space as their TV and console.

If you're buying games solely for the achievements, there's something wrong with you.

That's not what I said at all. I was buying the game either way, and I didn't even consider achievements until they were posted here.

I'm just saying that I can't get the achievement. Not enough controllers for my PC and I won't have that many people playing it locally with me.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but one of the achievements is for unlocking "Superstar Showdown" in world tour. This could be the name of the multiple IP track, or just the name of the final mission?

Oh, that's a point with that achievement too. PC players are gonna find that extra awkward. They really should have made it online play too, especially in these times.

The sad fact is, I imagine the majority of players who have a wide enough circle of friends to get that achievement will be casual players who are here for racing fun over SEGA fun, and kids. Both groups probably care little for 100%ing the game.

It's just 1 less achievement you'll be able to get. Not that big of a deal.

See, I'm not bothered about achievements either. But lots of people like to 100%/Platinum their games. This is going to be practically impossible for most not because it's hard but because the means aren't there. It's just... what?

• Thumbs Up 3

It's just 1 less achievement you'll be able to get. Not that big of a deal.

Remember that in open-ended games like this, some people consider achievements to be part of the game's content. One that is literally impossible to beat would be like a Sonic game having a bonus level that is literally impossible to beat without three controllers and three friends, which feels ridiculous when the rest of the "content" is beatable alone.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm thinking of getting this game at launch. Is anyone else buying it for Wii U? I would love to race with you guys.

I'll be getting it for the WiiU, but I didn't preorder that bitch fast enough, so I'll probably not be able to join you until sometime after Christmas. :V

I'm thinking of getting this game at launch. Is anyone else buying it for Wii U? I would love to race with you guys.

Definately. Got the Bonus Edition for the WiiU all ordered and ready to play at launch,

This game is gonna sell like hot cakes.

I was gonna say "I hope so" but the first game did sell a lot and this game does look far better than its predecessor, so, yeah...

Edited by KrazyBean

I hope this game's singleplayer modes are really good; I'll be buying it on PC, and I probably won't have anyone I know in some way to play it with in the online mode (if there is one on PC and if it isn't full of hackers) because everyone here is probably going to be playing it on some other platform, and I don't have a very wide circle of IRL friends to play it with either. So yeah, I'm hoping for a good singleplayer experience at least.

This game is gonna sell like hot cakes.

I was gonna say "I hope so" but the first game did sell a lot and this game does look far better than its predecessor, so, yeah...

Well at least the Wii U version is going to sell like crazy since it is part of the launch list, that's for sure.

I hope this game's singleplayer modes are really good; I'll be buying it on PC, and I probably won't have anyone I know in some way to play it with in the online mode (if there is one on PC and if it isn't full of hackers) because everyone here is probably going to be playing it on some other platform, and I don't have a very wide circle of IRL friends to play it with either. So yeah, I'm hoping for a good singleplayer experience at least.

If the previous game was anything to go by, I'm sure the single player grand prix will be pretty fun as well as any mission mode or time trials.

As for multiplayer I dunno, I've seen a few people post in here that they're getting the pc version. It's all a matter of asking around since ya know. This is a Sonic board afterall. :n I'd totally play with you but I'm not much of a pc gamer unless a game only comes out for the computer (lookin' at you pso2). Otherwise, I default to Xbox or the latest Nintendo console. :>

Well at least the Wii U version is going to sell like crazy since it is part of the launch list, that's for sure.

True...and also considering that it's the only kart racer on the system (until Mario Kart U comes out, which will be about a year at least from now)

• Thumbs Up 2