Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Well both of those articles could in a way both be right. Just that Metal and OutRun Bay will be moved to the standard edition of ASRT Wii U, and replaced by another special bonus in its Special Edition

Wii U Exclusive (3rd guest?) character?

Well, Sumo did say "platform", so if it's a Nintendo guest it would appear on all Nintendo platforms (Wii U, 3DS)

Preview from Micromania:

http://translate.goo...d=0CHcQ7gEwCTgo

Fortunately, although there are differences between each mode, air, land or water, the driving experience is not very sharp, and physics is not very advanced.

What?? So it's a good thing that the physics and driving experiences are not very sharp?? LOL, must be an error.

Edited by KrazyBean

The game is featured in this week's Access TV episode on the UK PS Store.

http://uk.playstatio...-TV-Episode-55/

Does anyone know how to find it on the new PS Store, though?

EDIT:

Found it under trailers. This week's episode isn't there, though.

EDIT 2:

Found the new Access episode that features S&ASRT. It's under Apps > Other Media on the UK PS Store. https://twitter.com/...210830580891648

That's interesting, because I thought that someone posted something early in the thread about it being confirmed that the announcer is not returning. Around page 9 I think. Maybe the decision was changed?

Edited by Frogging101

Don't mix up 'Announcer' with 'Commentator'. The two are quite different. The announcer calls out laps, weapons and a few other things, but he doesn't commentate on the race.

We do have a brand new TV audience system that cheers and gasps though :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

Aww, no Tony the Tiger either? Well, besides Gum, I might have to play as my Mii Avatar online again to troll people at this rate. It's the bowler hat, man. The bowler hat. I've been trying to train him to throw it but I guess he's too tall.

Tony the Tiger? He mean from the cereal? LOL

Looks like it. With those hints, I managed to get an IMDb profile of Tom Clarke Hill. I'm thing about whether it's enough grounds to add his role here in.

Looks like it. With those hints, I managed to get an IMDb profile of Tom Clarke Hill. I'm thing about whether it's enough grounds to add his role here in.

I don't know how to take this.

I'd never even once considered Sonic part of a nutritious breakfast. Even when transformed.

I don't know how to take this.

I'd never even once considered Sonic part of a nutritious breakfast. Even when transformed.

S0L said earlier on that the old announcer used to voice a Red Dwarf character, so there. :V

Ok S0L, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

1) Do you know how old the 3DS footage shown during today's ND was?

2) How close to the final product was that small amount of gameplay (In my opinion, it looked pretty great and I'm impressed by what you guys have accomplished, but it looks a bit too "bright")?

3) Have you guys baked in shadows or made any other significant improvements? (In the gameplay from today it looked like in UDK before you built the lightmass for your level. In other words, from the footge it looked like there wasn't much lighting other than what was effecting the player). What has been done, if anything, to change this since the footage was recorded?

4) Will the 3DS version also support 8 players online?

5) Are there any plans to release this digitally day one? (Since it's already $30 there won't be any discounts on the retail version and I already know I'll be keeping the game until I sell my 3DS so I'd rather just download it)

Hopefully you can answer these questions, but I understand if you can't. Thanks in advance just for at least reading this post.

Edited by xxbrothawizxx

Hmm... Tough call, to be honest. One could say that we should wait until it's 100% confirmed (he wasn't specified by name, we're just inferring this from other information). But on the other hand, we did get said information from a very reliable source and it's very unlikely that they're referring to a different Tony the Tiger.

Edited by Frogging101

Ok S0L, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

1) Do you know how old the 3DS footage shown during today's ND was?

2) How close to the final product was that small amount of gameplay (In my opinion, it looked pretty great and I'm impressed by what you guys have accomplished, but it looks a bit too "bright")?

3) Have you guys baked in shadows or made any other significant improvements? (In the gameplay from today it looked like in UDK before you built the lightmass for your level. In other words, from the footge it looked like there wasn't much lighting other than what was effecting the player). What has been done, if anything, to change this since the footage was recorded?

4) Will the 3DS version also support 8 players online?

5) Are there any plans to release this digitally day one? (Since it's already $30 there won't be any discounts on the retail version and I already know I'll be keeping the game until I sell my 3DS so I'd rather just download it)

Hopefully you can answer these questions, but I understand if you can't. Thanks in advance just for at least reading this post.

I'll answer what I can, though bear in mind SEGA haven't announced any handheld details so this will be vague :P

1. Not entirely sure, but it's at least a couple of weeks old I suspect. Handhelds are seeing daily improvements so it'll have moved on some from that footage.

2. Again, it'll be improved. Bear in mind the screen on the 3DS is darker due to the screen filter so capturing 'raw' footage results in it looking overbright as a side effect. We build the art for the screen, not for video :P

3. Both 3DS and Vita don't support the deferred lighting engine we use levels on HD, so have pre-calculated lighting baked into the level itself. We also use pre-calculated spherical harmonics to light the cars and characters (similar to how the lighting previously worked on ASR). Means you get really nice quality lighting, but also means we get the best performance too! Don't think it's fully there in that video though, we've been balancing the lighting and doing detailed bakes more recently (we have a quick bake for testing, and a sloooowwww detailed bake for quality).

4. Actually I'm not sure how many players we support online on 3DS. I'll find out. I've mostly been on the HD versions though I'm currently looking after the Vita one. We have a seperate team on 3DS as it's a ground up build using a different engine.

5. I think this is on the cards, but it's a SEGA question really. I'm sure they'll clear this up when more details are forthcoming on the handheld versions!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 7

replies

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

The wait to see the final product and play the demo is killing me. Can't wait!

Edited by xxbrothawizxx

Hmm... Tough call, to be honest. One could say that we should wait until it's 100% confirmed (he wasn't specified by name, we're just inferring this from other information). But on the other hand, we did get said information from a very reliable source and it's very unlikely that they're referring to a different Tony the Tiger.

It's definitely him, I can recognise his voice anywhere. He was also on TimeSplitters Future Perfect voicing Cortez and the multiplayer narrator and he sounds just the same here as he did there.

The announcer is gonna be the same as the one in TimeSplitters 3? This pleases me greatly. I LOVED the announcer in that game!