Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Steve, I just got a notification from Amazon stating that all versions of Transformed have been delayed to December 11th. Is this a goof on Amazon's part, perhaps applying the Vita/3DS dates to all platforms by mistake, or is it a legit delay?

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on August 15, 2012 (Order# XXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition"

Estimated arrival date: December 13, 2012

I had the 360 version pre-ordered.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Nice, thought so given it matches the handheld dates and we know full well that the console versions are on track.

Amazon US cannot get the dates straight for these games, for some reason. They've been sending me erroneous emails since I 'ordered' them back some months ago (when they were allegedly backordered, rather than not released yet). I've had about 7 different release and/or shipping dates, and I think the closest they've come to right is the 3DS releasing on the console release date (right date, wrong version).

I've preordered books and games from them for years and never seen this much confusion over release dates - and it's not like this game has even been moving them around!

EU SEGA Press is still listing November 16th for the handheld versions, as are retailers and SEGA's website. If the handheld versions aren't going to be delayed in Europe, then I wonder why they've been delayed in the US.

Hi guys, i have a question for SOL, hope he has the time to answer smile.png

1) First thing is the framerate. I heard that the ps3 and xbox version will get a constant 30 fps. What about the wii U version? Will this version have more constant fps? How much?

2) Are the graphics on wii U strictly the same than ps3 - Xbox?

3) Is the sense of speed better than the last S&SASR? Seems so from the gameplay videos i have seen, S&ASRT looks so much faster.

4) I can't wait to hear the afterburner theme wub.png and play this amazing track, can you tell me if the remix from S&ASRT sounds rock like this?

Excuse my english because i'm french, i have do my best to be comprehensible. Thanks for your time anyway, and thanks for this game and the love you show on making it. I can't wait to grab my wii U copy, i pre order it, this will be my first game on the new nintendo console, and i'm sure this is gonna be a very amazing game.

Edited by Jim5745

Steve, I just got a notification from Amazon stating that all versions of Transformed have been delayed to December 11th. Is this a goof on Amazon's part, perhaps applying the Vita/3DS dates to all platforms by mistake, or is it a legit delay?

I had the 360 version pre-ordered.

I got two notifications from Amazon for the 360 and 3DS version...

Oh, I am also hoping for a remix of the game's theme, and I think it will probaly happen!

Edited by Jango

Hi guys, i have a question for SOL, hope he has the time to answer smile.png

1) First thing is the framerate. I heard that the ps3 and xbox version will get a constant 30 fps. What about the wii U version? Will this version have more constant fps? How much?

2) Are the graphics on wii U strictly the same than ps3 - Xbox?

3) Is the sense of speed better than the last S&SASR? Seems so from the gameplay videos i have seen, S&ASRT looks so much faster.

4) I can't wait to hear the afterburner theme wub.png and play this amazing track, can you tell me if the remix from S&ASRT sounds rock like this?

Excuse my english because i'm french, i have do my best to be comprehensible. Thanks for your time anyway, and thanks for this game and the love you show on making it. I can't wait to grab my wii U copy, i pre order it, this will be my first game on the new nintendo console, and i'm sure this is gonna be a very amazing game.

Your English is better than my French :P

1) All Console platforms are targetted at 30fps. Wii U is not exception here. We've done everything we can to make sure this is smooth.

2) All the HD platforms have extremely similar graphics. Some do some effects differently than others, but unless you place them side by side, it's really quite hard to tell. Wii U has slightly nicer textures since we have so much more memory.

3) This one gets a lot faster when you up the difficulty. Previous game had one speed setting. We've also done a number of things to make it feel faster, we're pushing for Arcade Racer - not Kart game :P

4) Cant talk too much about music as we want to leave surprises for when you get it, but yes, that is one of the themes we've remixed with Richard. I personally love the remix he's done on this one!

Hope you enjoy it when you get it! Not much longer now!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

Looks like it. With those hints, I managed to get an IMDb profile of Tom Clarke Hill. I'm thing about whether it's enough grounds to add his role here in.

The funny thing is, I actually used to know the voice actor for Tony the Tiger. He was Tom Clarke-Hill (sometimes just credited as Hill), and he's done work for a couple of war-type games. Brillant guy.

Edited by Paradox

Thank you very much for your fast answer SOL.

"This one gets a lot faster when you up the difficulty. Previous game had one speed setting."

-> That will say that level 1 (easy) in S&ASRT is approximately at the same speed than it was in the first S&SASR?

The time will be long to the 30 novemeber tongue.png

Your English is better than my French tongue.png

1) All Console platforms are targetted at 30fps. Wii U is not exception here. We've done everything we can to make sure this is smooth.

2) All the HD platforms have extremely similar graphics. Some do some effects differently than others, but unless you place them side by side, it's really quite hard to tell. Wii U has slightly nicer textures since we have so much more memory.

With the exception of the PC, which is not capped at 30fps, right? Also, does the PC get nicer textures too due to having way more memory?

With the exception of the PC, which is not capped at 30fps, right? Also, does the PC get nicer textures too due to having way more memory?

PC isn't a console. It will run as quick as your PC allows with higher resolution textures, special effects etc. But... that's all I can say on it!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

4) Cant talk too much about music as we want to leave surprises for when you get it, but yes, that is one of the themes we've remixed with Richard. I personally love the remix he's done on this one!

YAY! I bet is for the flight parts! Or does the tracks have more than one selectable music like the first ASR, but now each one is remixed? Or maybe one option is the original music and the other the remixed one. Can you say something S0L? :DD

S0L, I know you can't talk about the songs that much but. Considering Carrier Zone is rather battleship themed, since it's an Afterburner track, I wanted to ask if That's The Way I Like It (from Metal Harbour of SA2) will return as a playable song or not, since it was in the first game I believe. But I understand if you can't answer. :P

S0L, I know you can't talk about the songs that much but. Considering Carrier Zone is rather battleship themed, since it's an Afterburner track, I wanted to ask if That's The Way I Like It (from Metal Harbour of SA2) will return as a playable song or not, since it was in the first game I believe. But I understand if you can't answer. tongue.png

S0L confirmed a while back that there'll be no music selection option this time round since all the songs are being completely remixed with dynamic music too.

But if you're on 360 there's always custom soundtrack, and if I recall the first game had music/sound level options.

S0L confirmed a while back that there'll be no music selection option this time round since all the songs are being completely remixed with dynamic music too.

FFFFFF- Missed this.

Shame, the music selection bit was one of my most liked stuff from the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

This depends on my future financial situation and other factors, but I'm seriously considering buying two copies of this on Steam and gifting one of them to a random SSMB member who wants it. I'm not sure how I would do it... Maybe I could make a status update where the first person to comment gets it. But it wouldn't give me much room to say stuff. I don't really want to make a full topic because not much discussion could happen. Maybe I could make a page on my website where I can explain it, and have some way to claim it there or something.

Just a random thought of mine, no promises though. The devs are putting lots of effort into the game and I want to support it, as well as just doing something nice because this community is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

This depends on my future financial situation and other factors, but I'm seriously considering buying two copies of this on Steam and gifting one of them to a random SSMB member who wants it. I'm not sure how I would do it... Maybe I could make a status update where the first person to comment gets it. But it wouldn't give me much room to say stuff. I don't really want to make a full topic because not much discussion could happen. Maybe I could make a page on my website where I can explain it, and have some way to claim it there or something.

Just a random thought of mine, no promises though. The devs are putting lots of effort into the game and I want to support it, as well as just doing something nice because this community is awesome.

I'm from Spain (Europe) and i'm unemployed so... if you like gifting a copy of Sonic & All Star Racing i would like try get it. Why don't you give us numbers and use www.random.org to get a winner? Please, let me play.

In other hand i would like ask some questions to SUMO DIGITAL:

1) Could you confirm if PAL UK version of Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed (XBOX 360) has Spanish texts and voices please?

2) Could you confirm if Sonic & ASRT has Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki and Opa Opa as a playable characters? (I'm give up to play with Big The cat because he is appearing in a video fishing... sad.png and it's a pity... )

3) Has Sumo intention to release a future DLC with more aditional characters (to increase original staff of 29 characters to 33 for example) and add more tracks?

4) I read achievements of Sonic & ASRT... there are two of them that they make me think about Xbox 360 users need four controllers to get 1000G... Is that true? I would like get 1000G (perfect) as the first game but if i need four controllers i won't because only i have one controller so maybe i will get 980G.

House Party Of The Dead ==> 10G

Completed an event with 4 local friends

and

Team Sonic ==> 10G

Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with local friends in a 10 player Race

Thank you very much and sorry for my english but these are that i can write, i have a lot of doubts but that above are the only i can write, the others i can't write them using my english, i'm very sorry.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Edited by DERHYUS

I thought SUMO said that voices will only be in one language because the characters are English or something...

I know, weird logic (since many games have different voices) but I could be very off.

Edit: I SWEAR Sumo said something about characters like humans usually speak a certain language. I do know it has to do with money issues too but...

I WISH I could find that post. Ha ha.

Edited by Autosaver

I thought SUMO said that voices will only be in one language because the characters are English or something...

I know, weird logic (since many games have different voices) but I could be very off.

I think the reason was because it will cost more money because of hiring voice actors for different languages.

I think the reason was because it will cost more money because of hiring voice actors for different languages.

I'll try to explain me a little more better:

In the first game, in Europe we have a commentator and he spoke a lots of languages as Spanish, French, German and of course, English but characters spoke only english as sonic, Dr. Robotnik, Alex Kidd...

Game selected commentator's voice acording with console settings, so i have spanish voice in Sonic & SEGA ASR. Commentator was very funny, i like him so much.

I try to ask SUMO DIGITAL if Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed will have this option too as his predecesor... because, i don't understand english voices.

I know that my english is not good at all, i'll try to write my ideas but i'm not sure if i do it fine.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Edited by DERHYUS

Hey SOL,

I have a question that doesn't involve tracks or characters:

In the 3ds footage (which looked great for 5 seconds worth btw) I noticed a lack of water physics and reaction for the boating section.

Are water physics not gonna make the cut for the 3ds version? Or is it possible to perhaps squeeze a little more out of the system and have them in?

I would rather have a less beautiful game if it means getting the full gameplay experience of the consoles.

On top of things as usual I see, Shadzter :) Where do these sites and other media outlets get copies of the game to preview? Does SEGA's PR and marketing departments give it to them?