Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

*reads previews*

Only 16 stages? I thought that was just in the adventure mode. It's a fair bit lighter than the first game's 24. Bit a a shame right there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, this is something we've suggested to SEGA. Not got a definite answer here yet mind!

If it gets accepted, is it possible to make the soundtrack available on Spotify? Would love to have some Sonic music on Spotify :P, and possibly even influence Sega to have their future music/tracks on Spotify, thanks if possible(damn that's a lot of possible XP).

This is probably not going to be answered , but...

Will ASRT include alternate tracks, and if so...will the alternate tracks be remixed (like Nintendo's Smash Bros) or the originals(like Sonic Generations did)?

Not sure I understand the question. If you're asking if the levels will represent some of the highlights of all things SEGA from way back when right up to today - then errr - probably tongue.png

Just to respond for Crazizzle because I'm curious about this question too - I think he was asking - since all this extra work is going into the remixed/dynamic music, will you still include the music select function for each track with unlockable songs like the first game, or just keep the focus on each track having its music set in stone?

And they were also asking, if there ARE plans for unlockable music, would they just be original tracks (again like ASR's entire soundtrack), or does Jacques plan to blow our minds with additional remixes to play with too (Smash Bros was mentioned since that has a mixture of unlockable remixes and unlockable original songs to play with)?

I am guessing the confusion came from "tracks" being not the best word to use for music in a racing game, lol.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm still confused about the stages. I hear 16 all the time, but then S0L noted 16+4. Is that 16 new, 4 returning (meaning Panzer Dragoon is of the 16 and Monkey Ball is of the 4?) or does it mean 16 tracks + 4 special arenas?

*reads previews*

Only 16 stages? I thought that was just in the adventure mode. It's a fair bit lighter than the first game's 24. Bit a a shame right there.

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing. But it's understandable when you think about it. This game is a LOT more ambitious than the first, and the tracks sound a lot more complex. Probably just took them a lot longer to design the tracks. Plus they've got more content elsewhere such as the Adventure mode. Less tracks sounds like a fair trade for such a big increase in quality, variety and generally being much more ambitious.

I'm still confused about the stages. I hear 16 all the time, but then S0L noted 16+4. Is that 16 new, 4 returning (meaning Panzer Dragoon is of the 16 and Monkey Ball is of the 4?) or does it mean 16 tracks + 4 special arenas?

I think it was implied that 16 tracks are new tracks (even if they come from franchises that were covered in ASR1), while 4 will be straight from ASR1. So both the tracks we've seen so far are among the 16.

So there will be 20 tracks in all, 4 less than the first game (though I'm okay with this considering they'll all be unique this time).

Hmm, that makes sense I guess. But given how original the Monkey Ball one looked, I don't see why they cant just say 20.

Death Egg is the second returning stage then. So two left?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Plus you have to consider that the four returning tracks may not be exactly the same as the first game. They could be changing things up in the four returning tracks so they play a bit differently.

• Thumbs Up 1

But given how original the Monkey Ball one looked, I don't see why they cant just say 20.

I thought the Monkey Ball one in screenshots IS a new track. Thus one of the 16. Death Egg is the only confirmed returning track (of the 4) I've heard of. The Monkey Ball screenshots look nothing like any of the three original Monkey Ball tracks.

Hmm, that makes sense I guess. But given how original the Monkey Ball one looked, I don't see why they cant just say 20.

Death Egg is the second returning stage then. So two left?

That's because the Monkey Ball one IS original. It's not a returning stage, just a returning franchise if that makes sense.

- 16 new stages, including IPs that were and weren't in the original (Dragon Canyon, Temple Trouble)

- 4 stages ripped directly from All Stars Racing (Death Egg)

EDIT: Damn. Only gone an added to confusion with a typo :P

Edited by Blue Blood

That's because the Monkey Ball one IS original. It's not a returning stage, just a returning franchise if that makes sense.

- 20 new stages, including IPs that were and weren't in the original (Dragon Canyon, Temple Trouble)

I'm fairly sure a preview said the returning tracks will have some changes to fit the gameplay changes.

Edit: Just found some concept arts on Retro:

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_canyon_town.jpg

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_oasis.jpg

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_spiral_tower.jpg

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_azrec_mask_clr.jpg

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_Concept_Environment_03_A.jpg

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_inside_pyrami.jpg

Source is here: http://console-toi.fr/archives/28864

I think I see some new screens, too.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hey, S0L! I know you can't confirm or deny NiGHTs' presence, but assuming that he will be playable, what are the odds of this guy becoming the new flagman?

• Thumbs Up 7

16 stages? Mario Kart has like 32.... sad.png. That's a bummer.

And only 16 original stages. Same number of original stages as this, but far more lazy design.

That's two questions, yes to the first, and the original concept was bounced around between SUMO and SEGA, but in all fairness, we have to credit Simon Woodroffe (now of Rare!) for the massive headache he's given us to solve smile.png

You right. Those were 2 questions! Should have edited that one! Thanks for answering both though! :D

Okay, I've been pretty silent when it comes to Sonic lately but this announcement has me genuinely excited, I loved the first ASR (stillplay it from time to time with my nephew) and I can't wait to see how many improvements Sumo has been able to get into this sequel (besides the already announced ones).

Also, S0L is back! My Sonic fanboy life has a meaning again! \o/

We're working on the music dynamically changing to match what's happening, and in most cases this is taking multiple pieces of classic music and remixing/reworking it so it can change on the fly. About as much as I can say on this right now...

We're working on the music dynamically changing to match what's happening...

...music dynamically changing...

You know... I know a quite popular SEGA franchise that is having a sequel this year that is known for having a dynamic soundtrack.

foto_phantasy_star_online_blue_burst.jpg

Please have a PSO level, please have a PSO level, please have a PSO level, please have a PSO level, please have a PSO level!!

I'm calling the Cube Power from Sonic Colors for this, Something that drops in front of you and you can avoid by quickstepping. That seems pretty legit to me. But who knows? Thinking of that final boss in Colors.

I'd love this, especially if we get to hear the colours announcer going CUBE! Every time the thing get's activated...

*might or might not be just trying to replace the giant hole in my heart that the lack of an announcer is digging in me*

We called him Earl... ;_;

EDIT:

Just when you thought Crazy Taxi couldn't get crazier.

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_Joe_Plane_1.jpg

BD Joe will take you wherever you need... ANYWHWERE!

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5

And only 16 original stages. Same number of original stages as this, but far more lazy design.

Well yeah only 16 are original, but they still put the same care into the 16 returning stages. Plus there are 4 returning stages this time.

maybe having only 20 race tracks will mean having the possibility to customize them, deciding the ground/air/water section %, deciding about the weather condition (night, day, sunset, sunrise, where possible), and an extra ability to switch the stage in a specular and reverse mode

BTW, you still remember the shop estarland?

So, they put up for sale is a normal version.

You can look at it:

Will be released 11/30/12

Sonic and friends are back, but this time they are taking to the air and sea as well as land! In this sequel to Sonic's 2010 kart racing outing the tracks will feature some aquatic and air segments, which will force your kart to transform into a boat or a plane to pass them!

PS3; Xbox 360; PSV; 3DS:

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.cat..product.39743.html

http://www.estarland.com/Xbox360.cat..product.39744.html

http://www.estarland.com/PSVITA.cat..product.40102.html

http://www.estarland.com/Nintendo3DS.cat..product.40101.html

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel special now

Pfft, psychics and their special abilities.

Edited by Winston

Was it already said if you can sometimes decide between going into plane or boat mode? Because I noticed this screen:

26477SART_DE_Sonic_Plane_5.png

Sonic's flying, but it looks like I could've went through by boat, too.

If nothing has been said yet, could you maybe answer, S0L?

Edited by MarcelloF

- 16 new stages, including IPs that were and weren't in the original (Dragon Canyon, Temple Trouble)

EDIT: Damn. Only gone an added to confusion with a typo tongue.png

Shibuya was also mentioned:

Four favourites from the original game also return, including Jet Set Radio Future's Shibuya and the Death Egg track which was released as downloadable content.

IGN, second last paragraph: http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1224007p1.html

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 2

IGN, second last paragraph: http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1224007p1.html

Cheers, I knew I was forgetting one. They're both good choices to bring back. Death Egg was only DLC, and Shibuya Downtown was replaced in some versions. So presumably everyone will be able to play them now :D

As if we'd put in a Blue Shell. A little faith guys! What it does is drop things in front of first place, you can avoid them, but even doing that will slow you down. It doesn't however hit you in an unstoppable way with (hardly any) means of defence.

Right, back to the grind...!

---

S0L

---

I could kiss you right now. Like seriously.

Steve, noooooooo! biggrin.png The forum only allows about 10 quote boxes or something per post. Not quite sure how you got away with posting more, there should have been an error message preventing you from posting the rest of it. You must have mad skills.

Mad skills to have lots but all of his quoting appears broken to me =c