Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Wait, do we even know if this is for the main console versions?

The 3DS/Vita version is coming out on December 12th, what is there in the Nintendo Everything article that says other... .. .

Wait a bloody moment.

Why would a guy post a news story on a nintendo site about the 360/PS3 versions, Surely it would be about either the Wii-U or 3DS version right? The writer for the site mentions the other versions, but the quote from the bloke who tipped them doesn't.

It's supposedly delayed for all consoles, according to Amazon USA.

Edited by Pawn

The 3DS/Vita version is coming out on December 12th, what is there in the Nintendo Everything article that says other... .. .

Wait a bloody moment.

Why would a guy post a news story on a nintendo site about the 360/PS3 versions, Surely it would be about either the Wii-U or 3DS version right? The writer for the site mentions the other versions, but the quote from the bloke who tipped them doesn't.

According to Amazon, all versions of the game have been pushed back to December. Previously we were just expect the handhelds to release in December. The Wii U version was supposed to be a launch title, which actually meant that it would be the first version to be released anywhere. If it's been delayed on one system, it's likely it's been delayed on all the others too.

But... we don't know why it's been delayed? If indeed it has been.

It might have failed one of the QA tests at Microsoft/Sony for all we know, that is if it has, I mean, how often do these call centres get it right?

It's pretty funny how the key words "if this is true" are neglected in my post. If it ain't true - good. That's reassuring. It doesn't mean that I still wouldn't put it passed the company. My first post wasn't even entirely directed towards the specific delayment of the game rather than the company, so hell, I apologize if that wasn't entirely clear. I was hoping I wouldn't even have to continue venting about Sega since I'm already burnt out on being angry about them.

For the record - assuming the game has gone gold, in most normal circumstances this should have been known by Sumo at least over a month before release to my knowledge. Most of the time a game having to re-do certifications means the game would tend up to be delayed for more than just three weeks. The way this Sega Rep makes it sound is that they're just holding it off for a day-one patch, assuming this is true. This is what Anarchy Reigns had to go through - it remained certified and untouched for over months and all Sega did was just sit on the title. The only thing that's changed since then is that Bayonetta has become a part of the on-disc roster and thanks to that unspecified delay it gave them ample time to recertify it.

Wait a bloody moment.

Amazon US changed the release listings on all the titles and the bloggers who reported on these news are private blog sites that technically don't hold allegiances enough to consider not mentioning some elements of a game that might be on all consoles.

I'm not for certain if this video has been posted, but I do believe it is relevant to the topic at hand:

5 Reasons why Sonic would want to drive in a car.

Number 4 is my favorite.

This video is actually missing the most important reason Sonic would drive a car in Transformed: he doesn't want to drown in a boating section or a flying section over water.

Oh, and chill the fuck out everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

And hasn't S0L gone on record saying the launch date release is immovable? The date would line up with the 3DS version...

EDIT: I found what I meant:

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7622627

That quote refers to Sumo not being able to delay the game so they can take as much time as they want to add all these extra doo-dahs and wotsits. If the game has to be delayed in order to be finished that's a different matter.

*looks at Amazon UK* Please don't tell me EU is uneffected by this...

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Europe had an earlier release from the start, the Friday before America's Tuesday as opposed to the usual opposite.

That said, Amazon UK or EU retailers for that matter aren't nearly as up to date on release dates as US I believe. Back when AR was delayed, European sites didn't update until Sega's official statement.

EDIT: Also, Sega is still listing the original release date, unlike the previously mentioned which switched to a TBD when it's release was in dispute.

2D-X preview

http://www.2d-x.com/...-segas-history/

*looks at Amazon UK* Please don't tell me EU is uneffected by this...

SEGA Europe has been listing the original dates for all versions since they were announced, even after the news of the handheld versions being delayed in the US.

The above:

Hey folks,

The amazon.com dates are not correct and we’re working to fix them. The console versions (360, PS3, and Wii U) are all being released on November 18th.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

• Thumbs Up 4

... Welp, now I feel like a total jackass. At least we can forget that this mess ever happened.

Yes. It is really overreacting even considering all that. Cause you know what? I actually agree with you. SEGA is a horribly run company and it's a wonder they're still standing in 2012. The key difference between this and Anarchy Reigns is that this game is still in production. AR had been finished and released in Japan when SEGA decided to delay it without word to Platinum. ASRT is still being worked on. If it's being delayed, it's probably because SEGA and Sumo aren't happy with it yet. But they can't afford to hold it back for long, nor will they.

Also what Hogfather says. We can't even say for sure yet that a delay has been instilled. We only have Amazon and a SEGA rep that may not be totally clued in to rely on.

Kind of off-topic but how exactly is SEGA a horribly run company? I'm not saying they're not, I just don't have much experience with SEGA. So I'm curious, What makes you say they are?

So glad this is a mess up, signing in to see the possibility of a delay literally made my heart sink, glad it's been cleared up though.

What are we? like... 3 weeks from release now?

How far from release is a game normally declared "gold"? We can't be far off now.

I'm waiting for that to happen before I book time off work to play it after release. The clarification from the Sega rep probably means I have nothing to worry about now, though.

Kind of off-topic but how exactly is SEGA a horribly run company? I'm not saying they're not, I just don't have much experience with SEGA. So I'm curious, What makes you say they are?

For a while Sega has been notorious for having one of the worst PR departments imaginable to gaming. Alongside Capcom they're notorious for having released some of the most fantastic titles gaming has ever had (ironically Clover/Platinum will often be referred to in both company scenarios here) but failing to properly advertise these or garner the attention for a game that clearly has a base set for it. These past years Sega's had some absolutely killer titles that have been ripped to shreds due to a failing market. Bayonetta was the only actually great game they released to get a cult following and good sales numbers, but after that western based action games such as Vanquish, and even games by in-house Sega developers such as Binary Domain, bombed so hard that some people weren't even aware the games had been released until months after. Usually they'd reveal trailers with a release date which media outlets would report on but it'd more often than never be a massive media information drought. The companies would barely bother to even upload new quickly localized trailers on their YouTube channels while Japan actually got quite a deal of attention.

Those games shot down in budget prices so fast and Sega have been hemorrhaging money with losses to the point that they had to completely cut out a big chunk of their workforce and divisions, cancel unannounced titles and restructure to allocate their budgets on their big budget franchises and digital games. This was some initially depressing news but when they decided to indefinitely delay Anarchy Reigns which was a title they sought out for Platinum despite low sales at a point when the game was finished, certified and ready for shipment, it caused a massive dissent that's still considered one of the biggest blunders a company's done - especially since the game is now being targeted towards a busy season at a budget price. Whether the latter point is a bad thing is arguable though.

How far from release is a game normally declared "gold"? We can't be far off now.

If the game is launching in two and a half weeks, the game has to have gone gold quite a while ago.

• Thumbs Up 9

To say nothing about the petty SoJ vs. SoA bullshit that Sega still does (albeit at a greatly diminished capacity) 20 years after SoJ started it.

• Thumbs Up 2

For a while Sega has been notorious for having one of the worst PR departments imaginable to gaming. Alongside Capcom they're notorious for having released some of the most fantastic titles gaming has ever had (ironically Clover/Platinum will often be referred to in both company scenarios here) but failing to properly advertise these or garner the attention for a game that clearly has a base set for it. These past years Sega's had some absolutely killer titles that have been ripped to shreds due to a failing market. Bayonetta was the only actually great game they released to get a cult following and good sales numbers, but after that western based action games such as Vanquish, and even games by in-house Sega developers such as Binary Domain, bombed so hard that some people weren't even aware the games had been released until months after. Usually they'd reveal trailers with a release date which media outlets would report on but it'd more often than never be a massive media information drought. The companies would barely bother to even upload new quickly localized trailers on their YouTube channels while Japan actually got quite a deal of attention.

Those games shot down in budget prices so fast and Sega have been hemorrhaging money with losses to the point that they had to completely cut out a big chunk of their workforce and divisions, cancel unannounced titles and restructure to allocate their budgets on their big budget franchises and digital games. This was some initially depressing news but when they decided to indefinitely delay Anarchy Reigns which was a title they sought out for Platinum despite low sales at a point when the game was finished, certified and ready for shipment, it caused a massive dissent that's still considered one of the biggest blunders a company's done - especially since the game is now being targeted towards a busy season at a budget price. Whether the latter point is a bad thing is arguable though.

If the game is launching in two and a half weeks, the game has to have gone gold quite a while ago.

I'm waiting for that to happen before I book time off work to play it after release. The clarification from the Sega rep probably means I have nothing to worry about now, though.

When a game goes "gold" that just means they've started printing the discs.

Shame Vanquish didn't sell well. I found it pre-owned in a GAME store about a year ago. It's a really great 3rd person experience. It just feels wonderfully fast paced and fluid, even though it did take a little to adjust to the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

ATTN: RUBYECLIPSE CONFIRMS ITS A MISTAKE!!!

http://www.neogaf.co...6&postcount=984

Hey folks,

The amazon.com dates are not correct and we’re working to fix them. The console versions (360, PS3, and Wii U) are all being released on November 18th.

Edit: Guess I was late... I hate having to skip 3 pages of content.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2