Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

43, IIRC. Any top ten finish is something to be proud of in NASCAR.

How many laps are there in a standard NASCAR race?

Edited by KrazyBean

How many laps are there in a standard NASCAR race?

Depends. There's no real "standard"; the number after most race names are how many miles there are, for example the Daytona 500 goes for 500 miles, and the officals use that to figure out how many laps there are, some tracks are longer and have less laps.

I cannot believe I'm watching this just because of a Sega car but I am o_O

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never watched a race in my life but I'm watching this one lol. Probably because now I actually have a reason and someone to cheer on.

Edited by Frogging101

Never expected the circle driver to have so many fans here. I mean how many of you cared about Danica's career or her "sport" at all before her name was attached to this game?

I realize she is an attractive woman to oogle at (thanks GoDaddy!) but her inclusion in Transformed really is a joke, and so is her hot wheels car.

Danica is now in 5th. Shes having a really good race according to the commentators, on the last lap she was the second fastest, the fastest was the guy in 1st place.

Also... at the time of posting this... there are 92 laps to go.

Edit: Coming back from the comercial break.. all the commentators are praising Danica... . .. theres actually a chance she could win this? Erm... GO DANICA! USE YOUR ALL STAR MOVE!

Never expected the circle driver to have so many fans here. I mean how many of you cared about Danica's career or her "sport" at all before her name was attached to this game?

I realize she is an attractive woman to oogle at (thanks GoDaddy!) but her inclusion in Transformed really is a joke, and so is her hot wheels car.

How dare we show interest and support for someone flying the colours of something we all have interest in.

And so Danica stunned the other racers by showing her brea... beautiful smile. She's now leading the race!

U really respect Danica's "talent" huh Jango?

"Brought to you by Sonic and All-stars racing Transformed: It's not just racing... it's transformed!"

Nice imaginative marketing line...

"Brought to you by Sonic and All-stars racing Transformed: It's not just racing... it's transformed!"

Where did you hear that? That's pretty lame

Ok for those in America watching this. Us lot here in the UK don't get the adverts you do. It does however play the audio for the 'sponsored by.' Is there a new ASRT Tv spot as aparently this race is sponsored by ASRT if the audio is anything to go by?

Yikes... Danica just dropped to 18th following tyre troubles.

Where did you hear that? That's pretty lame

It was just audio over the race. Guessing it's related to Hog's post tongue.png

Just as a side-note: Why is this sport so popular? There's a heck of a lot of... nothing.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

It was just audio over the race. Guessing it's related to Hog's post tongue.png

Just as a side-note: Why is this sport so popular? There's a heck of a lot of... nothing.

Yup, I heard that too, made me wonder if theres a new TV Spot.

I can sorta see why it's popular, from the way the commentators are talking and from what tid bits of audio you get from the pit crews, it doesn't look like theres the same level of technology you find in F1 by a long shot. Theres a lot more focus on the driver as apposed to the actual tech in the car itself.

Watching some of the overtaking, there is a lot of tactics to it. There was one bit just before Danica's pit stop where she was battling with this other dude for 5th and did something quite nifty to stay in the top 5.

Danica is now 4th.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: It's not just racing... it's Sega's last hope!

Personally, I'm excited for this game. I might not be able to get it until Christmas, but I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

Danica Patrick just crossed the finish line in 12th out of 43.

Not bad at all. At least she didn't crash and burn. 6 others did.

Edited by Beat

And the race ends... Danica and the Sega car came! 12th...

To be fair though, Danica did actually run a really good race, at one point she was the second fastest driver for several laps in a row, and only lost out on the top 10 spot due to the tire problem and 'a bad pitstop.' Otherwise she was pretty good.

Not collapsing from financial ruin?

Please don't pretend you know about Segas financial situation.

• Thumbs Up 4

Aww. I missed it. I saw the Victory celebration, but I wanted to see the SEGA car. I'll probably see some clips somewhere, right?

Right so I skipped this because Nascar and I have an interesting relationship in that it bores me to tears like three minutes in. Did I miss anything significant?