Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Why do the colours in all the screenshots look... well I don't know how to describe it. Sort of washed out?

SonicAllStarRacingTransformed_Tails_Boat_1.jpg

Can't tell if the trailer looks any different.

Why do the colours in all the screenshots look... well I don't know how to describe it. Sort of washed out?

Can't tell if the trailer looks any different.

I'm sure it's some unwritten rule that sequels must always have slightly weirder lighting or visual effects than the previous game just to make them feel more special.

See: Ocarina Of Time > Majora's Mask, Sonic Riders > Zero Gravity, Mario Kart: Double Dash > Mario Kart Wii etc etc

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hello everyone,

I too got some questions for S0L:

a, I liked the iOS version of ASR. Who ported the game, and was it successful? Is an iOS version of Transformed possible, maybe next year?

b, Does Sumo have a Wii U dev kit?

c, Is the skirt of Ulala shorter in Transformed then it was in ASR? (This was my main issue with ASR!) wink.png

d, Do you use Steam for the PC version, and do you think about a Mac version, too?

Thanks for your time, S0L!

Just read through the thread, I'm sad to hear the announcer from the first game won't be in the sequel :(

Thanks for the answer. I post at music forums often, so I'm just used to using "track" for song. "Oh, this CD has 17 tracks!".

Good stuff. I was just curious.

dammit! it was worth a try xD

can't wait for any further info closer to time... or SoS for that matter

for now, i'll get drunk on Panzer Dragoon Nostalgia *boots up Orta*

Thanks S0L, that makes sense now. I had "16" drilled into my head (and written into a few yet-to-be-published articles), glad to hear it's 20 and more surprises to come!

I have to say, even though we've only been shown a fair bit of media and info on this game, ASR2 is already looking fantastic! Funny thing too cuz I was unsure whether the first game even deserved a sequel. Thing is, I was already thoroughly satisfied with the first game (the character roster was very diverse and represented a wide variety of Sega franchises, the gameplay was top notch, and overall the game seemed to really cater to the fans), and I couldn't really see what else could be done with the series besides adding more characters and stages (though, granted, the lack of stage variety was my only big gripe with the first game).

But now, after seeing the whole "transformed" aspect of the game, I'm uber excited. It kidna brings back the fond memories I have of Diddy Kong Racing (as opposed to Mario Kart as the game is so often compared to), only now I can have the opportunity to drive all three of the vehicle types within one race. Defintiely original, and it looks it'll make the gameplay twice as fun (if not three times as much) than it already was. Plus, with the new characters that have already been announced/leaked, I can really tell Sumo is listening to every popular character request fans have made since the first game's release (I mean, I knew Vyse was a popular request, but I never thought I'd ever see him make a comeback in a game like this).

Though, if I really thought about it, I could probably conjure up a "most wanted characters" list, I probably won't since most of the characters that "needed" to be in ASR1 are probably gonna be announced for this one anyway. I'll likely just end up waiting for the announcements or leaks to roll in so I can be genuinely surprised at all the newcomers in the game. But yeah, I'm almost definitely going to buy this (SOOO glad i bought a PS3 already since I only had a Wii when the first game came out), and hopefully this will be the installment that will give all the other kart-racing games a run for their money! biggrin.png

Edited by Jinbei

S0L may I ask you if there's going to be some CG video in the game like the intro in the first game? Maybe even some kind of an ending? There was some CG stuff in the teaser, but it doesn't look like it's from the intro, more like specifically for the teaser.

Any word on modes that had to be cut from the game? In ASR 1 wasn't there a mode in which Eggman would take control of your racer which got cut?

Sadly, we're all too busy to take you up on this. Though clearly we'd win, we just want to save you some blushes tongue.png

Whoa you big chicken! /Monty Python.

We ought to have a post somewhere with all confirmed tidbits about the game so far.

There is likely to be a TSS update doing something like that at some point.

Has Jacky been cut? Wikipedia just says Akira is on?

I hope the Bonanza Bros haven't been cut, they were my most used SEGA characters, second after Banjo.

Basically:

1. Banjo.

2. Bonanza's.

3. Chu Chus.

Were my most used characters, and all I fear are in danger of not returning :(.

iOS - We did this in house, bizzarrely we actually started and stopped on it about three times as between us and SEGA, we didn't know if it would work or be well received. That showed us!

Well, SSASR is surely the best fun racer on iOS, hands down! It also earned a great Metascore with 89 out of 100, see http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing

I hope it sold well enough, so you will consider porting Transformed to iOS, too. The newer iDevices should have more than enough horse power.

WiiU - What's that?

See the white tablet in your hands right now? That's the controller of the Wii U, and you'll be using it to add some nice features. biggrin.png

Ulala - What makes you think Ulala will be in Transformed. See rule A smile.png

Okay, but have you seen the concept trailer for Rayman Legends by Ubisoft? There one can see how you'll be able to get a rabbit into the game just by putting a figure of it on the Wii U tablet controller for a short period of time (see Skylanders). So SEGA could sell figures of Ulala (short skirt cheaper than long skirt) and we could teleport her into the game. HA! tongue.png

Finally: thanks for being around here and sharing some information about the game in advance. I wish other developers would do this. That's fan service!

>vectorman

DAY ONE MOTHERFUCKERS

Enjoyed what I played of the first one, but hot damn, love vman, definitely more interested in this.

Hey S0L, I have a question for you too. How possible would it be to get Conker in the game rather than Banjo (if doing XBOX-only character again)?

Some questions, S0L:

1. Will motion control steering be an option for the PS3, 3DS and Vita versions?

2. Will the Xbox 360 version use Kinect in any way? e.g. steering, weapons, voice commands.

3. Will the achievement/trophy names be full of cool SEGA references again?

4. Will the PS3 and PS Vita versions feature cross play online?

5. Which format is the lead development format?

6. What is your favourite alcoholic beverage?

WiiU - What's that?

Something tells me that being clueless about Nintendo's next console means something.

I wonder...

Come to think of it, I hope I can beat the first game before getting my hands on the second. That should be easy, as I love playing ASR1.

I JUST SAW THIS TRAILER TODAY

TGYH(%K#G #%LG)

KDFLGDFGDFGFKJT

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SEQUEL TO 2010'S UNDISPUTED GAME OF THE YEAR IS HERE OH MY GOD AAGGGHHH

So, ahem... Vectorman's a shoe-in, right? Because he transforms too...

I know I say it alot, and the fact I am a bit worried to say it, and off-topic. I really can hope Ristar is a playable at this point. But, it's all I can at least hope for. (*crosses fingers for Ristar*)

You know, looking at the trailer, I see that Sonic's spines rustle in the wind as he drives along.

I see those little details you guys put in. This is really a labor of love, isn't it? ;) Bless you guys at Sumo.