Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I know! Seriously getting excited now, having a friend come over to play through World Tour with me, also gonna host some races as tests for the Transformed Tourney to see what connection is like, will forward details on release if anyone is interested.

SEGA Europe has uploaded the artwork to SEGA Press, and they have a render of Vyse.

20aufx2.jpg

Vyse is only available in JPEG, though.

Vyse looking awesome in 3D. In fact, its makes me want to play as him in the Sega Racing Competition. I can't wait for the game to come out on Nov. 18th, 2012.

Awesome that it's coming out next week for you guys. I'm just hoping they at least announce the PC release date in the next 2 weeks. This is gonna be hard hearing all about how great the game is without being able to play it! :P

Posted this in the status updates earlier, but forgot to post it here.

No AI in battle mode.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7646521

Aw, I remember them saying they would get AI in battle mode so people would play it.

...It still has an online mode iirc so I guess it isn't too bad.

No AI in battle mode.

Seriously? that's fucking dumb, so it'll just be you Vs. friends? That's lame, they shouldn't have bothered adding battle maps if there is no A.I to fill in the rest of the competition, that is part of the reason i keep returning to Mario Kart, a shame it's not in this.

• Thumbs Up 2

No AI in battle mode.

That's pretty fail actually...then again this doesn't affect me anyway. I don't do battle modes, but it's a shame for whoever plays them.

Edited by KrazyBean

That's pretty fail actually...then again this doesn't affect me anyway. I don't do battle modes.

That's the problem. Not many do battle modes because of stuff like the lack of AI and players. I highly doubt that the Battle Mode will be as fleshed out too, since it seems like the focus is on racing. Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then again S0L said this time around the game is more of an Arcade racer, rather than a Kart racer, so i couldn't see the gameplay working well for Arena battles, if the missions were anything to go by in the original SEGA racing then it can be tedious and hard to do complete turn around's because of the wide drifting arc the game is accustom to.

Looking at what we've seen so far, the game moves at an even faster pace than it previously did, it has more of an OutRun feel to it, so i'm anxious to see how it transitions to arena play anyway.

It still sucks though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously? that's fucking dumb, so it'll just be you Vs. friends? That's lame, they shouldn't have bothered adding battle maps if there is no A.I to fill in the rest of the competition, that is part of the reason i keep returning to Mario Kart, a shame it's not in this.

Battle mode was made exclusively for battling live human opponents, if you don't have anyone to play it with then that's your problem. The idea of battling AIs in this mode is stupid and pointless.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Battle mode was made exclusively for battling live human opponents, if you don't have anyone to play it with then that's your problem. The idea of battling AIs in this mode is stupid and pointless.

Except it was always nice to have the bots there to make it more lively, even if you were playing with human opponents.

Having the option is always nice.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm biased against playing against AI opponents because I play fighting games competitively. Playing against AI does nothing but teach you bad habits that will get you your ass kicked when you go against human opponents.

I'm biased against playing against AI opponents because I play fighting games competitively. Playing against AI does nothing but teach you bad habits that will get you your ass kicked when you go against human opponents.

Fair enough. But I still don't miss it. Battle mode being human only means you can only practice against humans which means you can quickly develop skills.

Eh, no AI in battle mode is very, very lame. But at least you can play online this time. With the original, Battle Mode seemed utterly pointless. Not to mention it kinda sucked too on the rare occasion you got to play it.

CTR didn't have AI controlled opponents in battle mode? you sure? Pretty sure i remember fighting them....

I would get Little Big Planet Karting for a decent battle mode if the game didn't otherwise look so incredibly medicore compared to its developers' predecessor Mod Racing.

CTR didn't have AI controlled opponents in battle mode? you sure? Pretty sure i remember fighting them....

Ah, nope, the only multiplayer mode with AI is Arcade.

I'm starting to wonder about the PC version since it definitely doesn't seem like it would come with the limited edition stuff. The limited edition stuff seems pretty sweet, but whether they'll be a DLC on steam, I don't know.

I'm starting to wonder about the PC version since it definitely doesn't seem like it would come with the limited edition stuff. The limited edition stuff seems pretty sweet, but whether they'll be a DLC on steam, I don't know.

Why do you think PC won't come with the extras just like the Wii U does? They've already shown a willingness to make an exception when Nintendo asked them to.

The limited edition track and characer are pre-order incentives, only dlc perhaps for console gamers who buy used later on. If there is no pre-order promotion for PC, why would Sumo or Sega screw those gamers out of that small amount of content?

Especially when Sega should be encouraging their online fans to double dip (or go triple trouble with a handheld) on the definitive experience.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

God... The lighting on these screenshots are fucking gorgeous, you can tell what sort of setting and environment they're in simply from the shaders on the cars!

hnnngh... Hype through the roof, confirmed~

• Thumbs Up 3