Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Let be honest the banana peels and green shells are useless in the ground as well.

On the contrary, they just require skill. I hit people with green shells and banana peels all the time.

Actually I lie about the in-the-air thing. Banana peels are invaluable protection against red shells.

I really hope for a Japanese voice option personally if there is going to be a story mode.
I talked to S0L about getting that in the last game, and he pretty much said it's impossible because they do the English version first. This was the same conversation where I had him put the Into the Wind song and the Voice Volume option in the game because S0L is good great awesome outstanding amazing.

I hope we can get the Voice Volume option again, if only because I like showing off my influence on random SEGA games to family and friends. :P It sounds like they're actually recording new dialogue for this game so I'm personally excited to hear it myself.

Hmm, so they're talking about console exclusives and such now? S0L, if you really are as tremendous as we think you are, you'll have Banjo-Kazooie returning!

First, welcome back S0L! We missed you friend! Insane just how many details about this game hit the floodgates.

But I am curious though, now reading that RJ is going to be remixing some classic tracks. Will some of the tracks be done in a Jet Set Radio type format? (where the songs overlap with one another, as if done by a live dj)

I hope the AI in Transformed is the same as the first, not cheap as the AI in MKWii. And I'm relieved there's no "blue shell" in Transformed either. Can this game be actually better than MK7? Can't wait to find out. ^^

In my opinion and in a non-fanboyish way, this game has already obliterated MK7 in nearly everything imaginable.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 9

I dunno if S0L is still around, but if you are, please let the graphics guys at SUMO know that Sonic with a front mouth is pretty unsettling.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a video on Inside Xbox on Xbox Live interviewing Gareth Wilson.

In my opinion and in a non-fanboyish way, this game has already obliterated MK7 in nearly everything imaginable.

Yeah it does on paper, but as usual watching the gameplay is completely different to actually playing the game. Don't take this the wrong way though, I'm pretty sure myself Sumo wouldn't screw up.

Hmm, so they're talking about console exclusives and such now? S0L, if you really are as tremendous as we think you are, you'll have Banjo-Kazooie returning!

Sorry but I am fully AGAINST 3rd party characters unless the Vita, PS3 and 3DS gets exclusive characters as well. I was annoyed that the PS3 was the only home console that didn't have an exclusive character.

We had 21 characters in the first game. If the exclusive characters didn't exist, we would have had 24 playable characters across all platforms.

This transformation deal has definitely sold the game to me but it is a gimmick that must not be overused because ASRT is still a kart racer that relies on a drifting mechanic. For this reason I hope that the the majority of the racing will still take place on land and also there will be some tracks that have no flying/boating sections just like in the original. Shibuya Downtown should definitely remain as a road racing only track because it felt so fast and furious in ASR, as being in the city it was fairly narrow and surrounded by densely packed buildings that flew past which really enhanced the sense of speed.

Gordon Freeman, PC exclusive.

Can I get a hell yeah.

Seriously, guys, talk to Valve about this, they're really supportive when it comes to this kind of thing. It would be awesome and funny.

• Thumbs Up 5

This transformation deal has definitely sold the game to me but it is a gimmick that must not be overused because ASRT is still a kart racer that relies on a drifting mechanic. For this reason I hope that the the majority of the racing will still take place on land and also there will be some tracks that have no flying/boating sections just like in the original. Shibuya Downtown should definitely remain as a road racing only track because it felt so fast and furious in ASR, as being in the city it was fairly narrow and surrounded by densely packed buildings that flew past which really enhanced the sense of speed.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Download the latest episode of PlayStation Access from the PS Store NOW! GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

EDIT:

Oh, and thanks for the answers, S0L smile.png

EDIT 2:

Here's the episode preview video. No one has put the full episode on YouTube yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Download the latest episode of PlayStation Access from the PS Store NOW! GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

EDIT:

Oh, and thanks for the answers, S0L smile.png

Crap, I don't have a PS3...can someone upload the video to YouTube? By the way, how much gameplay footage are we talking about?

Edited by KrazyBean14

Crap, I don't have a PS3...can someone upload the video to YouTube? By the way, how much gameplay footage is there?

I think you can download it on the PS Vita too, if you have one of those? I'm sure I saw the show available for download last time I looked on the PS Store on my Vita. Not sure about PSP. I'd check, but my battery is dead XD

EDIT:

About 25 seconds worth, not including the few seconds of talk from Joe Neate.

I dunno if S0L is still around, but if you are, please let the graphics guys at SUMO know that Sonic with a front mouth is pretty unsettling.

Edited by Twilightzoney

Hey SOL, great to see you back here. The new game looks fantastic and I cannot wait to see more of this game in the coming months.

Got some questions for you anyway here but it's mostly music related than game play seeing I am already impressed by it biggrin.png Better have a After Burner track XD

1. Will Richard Jacques be returning to do the music for the game such as the menu music and stuff like last time ? since I enjoyed the music he provided.

2.In the last game, there was a main theme song for All Star Racing (So Much More) so is there going to be a main theme song along with the game ?

3. Will we see any Third Party Characters again like how Banjo - Kazooie was on S&SASR again but on certain consoles such as Mario/Mii's for the Wii U/3DS, Banjo/Avatars for 360 and Wipeout styled car for PS3 for example)

and finally

4. Will the stages have remixes to the levels than just recycled music from previous games (like how Flying Battery from Sonic 3 was remixed in Mario and Sonic 2012 for example)

Hope you will answer my questions if you can =]. Really excited about the game.

Can we have Daniel Bryan in the YEScar ? biggrin.png

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

Gonna go ahead and tell you Shaddix that Richard Jacques is indeed back on for Transformed, to what specifics hasn't really been said yet (to my knowledge), but there's one answer for ya. :P

Almost all your questions have been answered already Shaddix. =O As Mykonos said, yeah RJ is back, and it's already been confirmed he will be not only remixing songs this time, but remixing them dynamically, so the music will change depending on what's going on in the race with regards to transformations etc. All sounds rather exciting.

He also can't talk characters. What you see in the footage is all he can reveal so far. Also he said not all characters may be returning from ASR1, and the final character list is now set in stone.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

That dynamic music is very exciting! Though it sounds like the trade-off is losing the music shop. I don't mind, would be pretty epic to have one Panzer track while driving, and when you hit the sky "Flight" kicks in.

Hey S0L, nice to meet you, I didn't know someone from the Sumo Digital was registered here, awesome!

I have 2 question:

Do you guys are thinking (or have thought) in the possibility of including classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman from Sonic Generations, perhaps as a costume bonus for each of these chars? I'm pretty sure would make many fans really happy :D

And also, we can expect more tracks from characters/universes that aren't in the game? Like tracks from Kid Chameleon, Comix Zone, STREETS OF RAGE, Power Stone and etc, etc, etc?

Oh dear...

1. If we're talking the Sonic VO cast, then yes, we've sourced some new stuff and borrowed some from Generations.

YOU GOT THISSS SSSONIC!

Thanks again for your answers S0L, but I feel the generations part might rise some alarms in some people.

• Thumbs Up 5

Thanks again for your answers S0L, but I feel the generations part might rise some alarms in some people.

That's better then them borrowing some of the lines that they say from the London Olympic Games which I'm more worried about. Roger's acting is all over the place in that.

Edited by sonfan1984

Well...that's the Babylon Rogues out of the question, maybe.

*shrug*

I dunno, I just came here to note that, while it was said to be "Sonic's big game for 2012", the SEGA Forums still don't recognise it as such. It's meshed in with all the non-Sonic sub-forums.