Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I think Dream Valley is fine, not the best looking because theres not much going on but I didnt really notice the lack of foliage. Also I loved how you can hear the Nightopians singing around, and the boss area (even with a pseudo-fight :D).

Anyways, my favorite race is

Burning Rangers

. Gotta thank Sumo to remember that IP and make an awesome track out of it.

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there's one complaint I have with the game it's how All-Stars don't seem to really do much.

Most characters I've used it with they feel like they're essentially just extended super turbos. Is that their functions or is there more to it?

Once you're in all-star mode, press the X/A button again, and your character will attack nearby racers. For example, Sonic does a homing attack, Tails throws some explosive airplanes. Some characters have bigger range than others wink.png

Edited by Jango

I have to agree with Ferr on the best race track

Burning Depths is a really cool stage, mainly due to my love of scientific base type areas, though all of the aquatic machinery and things in tanks only make the place more stunning for me. I really liked the flooding and slowly burning areas in the stage, as well as the guidance from one of the characters, as well as the nice touch of having a few of the burning rangers flying around the stage at several instances (though I wasn't sure if they were just helping people still in the base, helping the racers progress through the track, or a combination of both. But it was pretty cool even if they were just there for the hell of it). Also, the music playing is probably the best song in the game from what I've heard so far, and really adds to the already awesome setting.

You know what is really annoying me....

The wait time between online races...

If everybody is in the lobby, why do we have to wait to start a race?

Edit: Also is there anyway to mute players? I'm sick of listening to Goldfish bowl boy who doesn't have his mic tuned right and crying baby whose been given the headseat to play with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man this game doesn't joke around on hard mode, it's ridiculously frantic! If you flop once that's it, you're at the back of the pack, but you feel so satisfied when you win.

One thing I don't like about the game is how cryptic it was to boost start...took me forever to figure it out, LOL. Apart from that, the game is just so...FUN! I can't go back to Mario Kart or any other kart racer now after playing this.

If a third game in the All-Stars Racing franchise ever gets into production, SUMO will have a HARD time topping this.

Edited by KrazyBean

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the demo from PSN? I keep getting the message "An error has occurred" or "We're sorry, you are unable to download this item at this time."

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the demo from PSN? I keep getting the message "An error has occurred" or "We're sorry, you are unable to download this item at this time."

The download worked fine here. Perhaps your connection.

I'm having too much fun with this game. First I manage to take down Ralph by pushing him off the edge in an elimination match, then Amy commits suicide on the final lap...

Awwww yeah, I feel awesome playing this.

House Party of the Dead: Complete a game with 4 local friends.

Urm... how exactly does this work?

I've got Team Sonic which is come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, with 4 local friends But house party of the dead won't unlock. I've done 2 online races with 10 human players, a local custom battle race with just the 4 of us, and just now a 10 player single race (not the custom option).

Still this one won't unlock.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Right, Finally got this. It can only be done in career mode. Just have one of your 4 racers win the race/finish and it'll unlock.

I have to say that some of the online features in this game need some work, there's only a few issues so hopefully most of them do get fixed.

1. Reselecting you're character every race: It's quite annoying heading back to the lobby after a great race seeing you're favorite character has been taken by someone who joined mid-race. The racing in this game should happen on the racetracks, not the character select screen.

2. Wait times in lobbys: More of a nitpick but it would be awesome if people could ready up to the start the race earlier, rather then wait for the timer.

3: Collisions with other racers: Another nitpick but i do understand why this happens, it can just be frustrating when you get into first, someone taps you and you're of the track, but I rather this then frame lag or control lag.

Like I said, theses are mostly nitpicks but I do hope they fix the selecting character thing. Other then these small issues I'm having a great time with Transformed. Thank you so much Sumo for all the hard work and detail you put into this amazing game. I can't wait to see what DLC you have planed and you're next Sega All Star game will be happy.png

Edited by CallieMacN
  • Thumbs Up 1

okay I have to ask is the demo regional or something cause everyone's been saying that the demo's been released today but I can't find it on PSN or xbox live (by the way im new here nice to meet you).

I really don't like how the World Tour mode demands near perfection from the player, it's getting to be more tedious than fun having to learn the exact layout of every track then the exact layout of every boost pad/ ring/ traffic pattern just to beat the hard missions :/

It's a shame because everything else is so much fun but I just really am not enjoying these missions very much...

Edit: Also, fuck the twister power up, that's just not fair in a racing game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really thing that, even on Medium, whoever the AI choose to be the first racer enters on a semi "god mode" and ignore its own stats. I mean, while playing with Sonic, friggin' MeeMee was outrunning me onstraight lines all the time without boosts, even if she has half the speed (me as lead, she on second position).

That doesnt mean is unbeatable, but you have to rely more on weapons and be perfect on where and when to boost.

Edited by Ferr

I can't help but crack a smile whilst playing as NiGHTS, it gets me everytime when he says 'this is fun' in that posh British voice, I love the way you've handled the character Sumo!

im a car hurrrrrrr

I really don't like how the World Tour mode demands near perfection from the player, it's getting to be more tedious than fun having to learn the exact layout of every track then the exact layout of every boost pad/ ring/ traffic pattern just to beat the hard missions :/

You misunderstood me, I'm talking about all the things you have to learn on top of the track layouts themselves in World Tour. Don't get me wrong it's rewarding when you finally clear one of these missions but there's just so much to take in some times that it can get overwhelming.

Does NiGHTS failure animation keep freezing for anybody else? Every single time I lose it seems to happen :/

You misunderstood me, I'm talking about all the things you have to learn on top of the track layouts themselves in World Tour. Don't get me wrong it's rewarding when you finally clear one of these missions but there's just so much to take in some times that it can get overwhelming.

Does NiGHTS failure animation keep freezing for anybody else? Every single time I lose it seems to happen :/

You mean the likes of the ghost cars especially where you have to beat a single racer's best time? Those things were kinda ridiculous in a way.

The animation freezes upon losing for the other characters as well. I thought it was kind of weird that Tails just stops dead after wiggling his tails around for a bit.

It's a shame because everything else is so much fun but I just really am not enjoying these missions very much...

Edit: Also, fuck the twister power up, that's just not fair in a racing game.

Thats the whole point of the game its amazing and it feels so good when u beat the game on the hardest level.

170 stars at the moment.

Game is a freaking challenge on hard mode in world tour, like said above. I get fustrated hardcore but weirdly, the moment i am away from the game i get strong cravings to go back to it. The rewarding feeling and unlockables are great incentives. I wish every other game had the same. Loving this game

Edited by Riverstone

What is the point in Race of Ages if you can't tell who half of the characters on display are because they're wireframed?

Not too sure if this goes here but guess it could.

So since Generations, Asia has been getting 'special' editions on top of the already awesome Limited Editions. We got a notebook, badge and sticker for Generations. This time around...

A lil' pic of the small extras that don't mean a lot to many people (not me):

bVgDl.jpg

Okay, and there's bad news to bring I have to tell you all. In the manual, there's something you will see that you don't want to. Here it is:

pHGE5.jpg