Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Shame that a non-SEGA character that SEGA West would never actually consider, Miku, is at the top of the list. Me thinks that a lot of Miku fans invaded the forums to up vote her, because frankly as a SEGA fan I don't give a shit about her nor do I place her higher than any first party characters.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's a good thing, that means S0L will detect the foul play at work and won't include her. If they're ballot stuffing then that should disqualify her according to the poll's rules (nevermind the fact that her existence as a third party character is another violation).

I don't even think she has a chance anyway since S0L said they can't confirm her due to SEGA not actually holding her rights, they'd have to go to Miku's creators directly and sort something out, which results in a trip to Japan at least, I mean sure she's more suited for DLC than to be part of the Game's main roster so i don't care either way, just a bonus to me for being a fan of her.

Don't get me wrong, I know the character DOES have a fan base but whoever is moderating the poll really should have put a rule in place stating that only internally developed SEGA characters who have had games released outside Japan should be in the running.

A majority of that list are valid characters, but Miku (like you say Gum) goes against so many things S0L told us and the SEGA forums.

Also, characters who take part in the race should not be on the list. Ristar would not happen, simply because he is already flagman, and as such should not be on the list as potential DLC. No way would Sumo release a Ristar racer while Ristar is flagman, it breaks their rule of multiple characters.

---

Hopefully when the vote ends, Steve can go in and weed out the ones he knows are 100% impossible. I'd bet Miku and TJ&E would get struck from the list, due to Steve's knowledge of the characters.

Pretty sure it has been said that rights issues lead to TJ&E being a no go. Who knows, maybe they have a chance but I don't know.

I don't see the fuss over Toejam & Earl, they're from very crappy games and they'd be an obnoxious addition to the game in my opinion. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Because... the Toe Jam and Earl titles are not very crappy games, they are a well-liked Sega franchise that clearly has fans considering Sega constantly gets ire every time one of these party games comes around and they don't clear up the rights issues for them, and the ship of obnoxious additions to the game roster sailed way back at E3?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Why are people suggesting Ristar when he is already the flagman? It wouldn't make sense for him to be in two locations at once (and we already have a no-two people being the same character rule).

It could be like diddy kong racing when you could use TT and talk to TT at the same time except this time it will be less paradoxial (nice to meet you im new here I met my username to be megasoniczx but someone already took it).

I don't see the fuss over Toejam & Earl, they're from very crappy games

very crappy games

very crappy games

very crappy games

very crappy games

very crappy games

But... it's so fun, Sonikooo sad.png

Damn, I not against Miku or anything but having her over so cool Sega characters makes me really sad, sincerely... I still hope that Sketch Turner, Vectorman, Ryo or Segata get on this. Please Sumo!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, say what you want, the poll is attracting alot of people. I've never seen a section so busy at the sega forums, so in that regard I think having those people(even the miku fans yes) join seems like a good way to broaden the attention for the game.

Edited by Djawed

There is a reason the series died, and that's because their games and character designs, and music and levels and... pretty much everything was abysmally horrible and bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well first...

2e0pbwn.jpg

I know I may not aported as much as the rest...yet...

tumblr_mdkhx8Oslo1qm18qco1_500.gif

Feels good man!

Second...dang, I can't belive I can't barely win in A class. I think I have won 2 or 3...but none of them where races, all challenges.

That's an extremely interesting viewpoint. The reason the series died is because Sega took the branding of the Genesis in a completely different direction after introducing Sonic, so Sega let the creator of the game retain the rights of the characters for his own uses after the first two games bombed when going against more mainstream games. Then they tried again on the XBox under Sega's ill-fated exclusivity deal that also caused Shenmue II and Panzer Dragoon to end up on the system, meaning the third game (along with those other two) landed on the one system of the three with pretty much the worse possible demographic for what it was.

So unless sales = quality, no. The games, not even the 3rd one which has aged quite poorly, were not "abysmally horrible and bad." That's just revisionist history to justify why you don't want them in there, and could apply just as much to something like NiGHTS if the only standards for being bad is because people didn't buy them.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

I thought TJ&E were out cause vehicles with more than one character were out due to memory issues, and unlike TF, TJ&E were a duo?

I thought TJ&E were out cause vehicles with more than one character were out due to memory issues, and unlike TF, TJ&E were a duo?

Didn't stop them from putting

3 Team Fortress characters as one character did it?

Unlike T&E, Panzer Dragoon & Shenmue are much better game series, so i'm not complaining :>

Edited by Gum/ Super Soniko

Unlike T&E, Panzer Dragoon & Shenmue are much better game series, so i'm not complaining :>

That's a matter of opinion, sweet. I myself, don't like Panzer Dragoon, but I like T&E smile.png

Anyway, it's confirmed that the game can have more than you char per... char. But not two at the same time on the same vehicle. I would pay 20 bucks just to have Team Chaotix on this, Vector driving, Espio boating and Charmy flying. It would be fantastic and a great add to the Sonic IP. Still want more Sega chars tho. Like I said, Sketch Turner!!!

Edited by Jango

Computers that people commonly play games on seldom have 512 MB of RAM. Still doesn't seem like that great a reason to me.

Anyway, Like I said in my status update, This still looks like "A Kart racing game". What I'm getting at is that this game, while it's on land, doesn't do much to stand out. Most of the powerups still have barely anything to do with the games they're from and it still moves exactly as you would expect a Kart Racer to move. Then you go onto the water and it turns into a kind of busted version of Hydro Thunder (Seems like no one else nails arcadey water handling like those guys did) and then you're flying and it's Vapor TRX.

There is a reason the series died, and that's because their games and character designs, and music and levels and... pretty much everything was abysmally horrible and bad.

I've known you to say some really ignorant things in your time, but this takes the cake...

Hey, Psychonauts sold poorly! That must mean it's a fucking terrible game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've known you to say some really ignorant things in your time, but this takes the cake...

That isn't what she said at all. Did you even read what you quoted? What she said was reasonable: The series died because the games were bad.

Considering the majority of shit that you say is pure fan-boy ignorance, and you remember some of the times i've said something you didn't agree with, i'll take it as a compliment.

Psychonauts was a good game, Toejam & Earl was not.

Simple as.

• Thumbs Up 3

That isn't what she said at all. Did you even read what you quoted? What she said was reasonable: The series died because the games were bad.

Except what she said was nonsense, and it doesn't matter whether she phrases it as "abysmally horrible and bad" or "very crappy games" or their inclusion as an "obnoxious addition."

The series (first game in particular) was very highly acclaimed when it was on the Genesis and there was even a lot of kind words about the third game despite its problems; and despite stumbling a bit with the second game and a lot of people not even knowing about the third it is still perfectly justified to feel nostalgic about the characters/franchise/whatever and want Sega to take care of what needs to be done to get them in the game whenever one of these nostalgia trip games comes around. If she doesn't care for them as characters that's fine, but making shit up to say why they shouldn't be in the game doesn't do anything but make her look foolish.

Considering the majority of shit that you say is pure fan-boy ignorance, and you remember some of the times i've said something you didn't agree with, i'll take it as a compliment.

Psychonauts was a good game, Toejam & Earl was not.

Simple as.

If I keep repeating something it must be true.

FACT!

Edited by Tornado

FACT!

YOU'RE SO FUNNY! if i give you a cookie will you lay down and play dead!?