Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Do you realize how disingenuous it is and how foolish it makes you look when people point out the ridiculous way you keep acting when they don't agree with you and you respond to that by insulting and mocking them? Why don't you take it to the status updates again and complain about it there too?

To say nothing about how you've at this point sunk any credibility you night have had over the quality of a series of a games that I'm almost certain you've never touched.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

i have played toejam & earl, and that horrible 3D sequel and nothing you say will make me like it, you're just being a fan brat because you can't believe there is someone who doesn't like the series?

Should i also point out you've had no involvement in this topic other than to cause drama and write your lolintelligent posts to personally challenge an opinion of someone's that doesn't equal yours? Yeah why don't you stick to the MLP thread instead of picking a fight with me :)

i have played toejam & earl, and that horrible 3D sequel

I'm sure.

and nothing you say will make me like it, you're just being a fan brat because you can't believe there is someone who doesn't like the series?

No. I'm just the one who is pointing out that you're trying to force your "informed" opinions as if they were fact and that everyone else should follow them too. Believe it or not, quite a lot of people love the Toe Jam and Earl franchise; and believe it or not many people don't consider a game that already has a character only inserted as a publicity stunt to be one to worry about characters who would be "obnoxious" to have in the game. And then when it is pointed out that, no, your reasoning for not wanting certain characters in a game doesn't apply to others and repeating yourself or pretending your opinions hold more weight than they actually do doesn't change that, you stick your fingers in your ears and throw another fit. Shockingly.

Should i also point out you've had no involvement in this topic other than to cause drama and write your lolintelligent posts to personally challenge an opinion of someone's that doesn't equal yours? Yeah why don't you stick to the MLP thread instead of picking a fight with me smile.png

Yes. Heaven forbid I post in a forum that you frequent or respond to something I find ridiculous when you posted it. And by all means, try to dictate what threads I should be allowed to post in and the reasoning I should justify myself to you of all people to do it.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

No I do believe what you are doing is Antagonising me because you have nothing better to do, i never claimed any of my opinion was fact, nor was i forcing it on anyone so you're wrong and grasping at straws to simply have it out with me ;)

Funny how you wait for me to state a distasteful opinion on a matter when we have this whole Miku hate train coming from one member who is fuelled by hate for her, yet as soon as I say something you're quick to jump me in a heart beat am i right? What's the matter Tornado? do you not like me?

I couldn't really care less what you say, sales doesn't equal quality, I just really hate the series as a whole because I simply dislike them compared to better franchises like Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio~

i never claimed any of my opinion was fact, nor was i forcing it on anyone so you're wrong and grasping at straws to simply have it out with me
they're from very crappy games
There is a reason the series died, and that's because their games and character designs, and music and levels and... pretty much everything was abysmally horrible and bad.
Psychonauts was a good game, Toejam & Earl was not.

Simple as.

Interesting.

Funny how you wait for me to state a distasteful opinion on a matter when we have this whole Miku hate train coming from one member who is fuelled by hate for her, yet as soon as I say something you're quick to jump me in a heart beat am i right? What's the matter Tornado? do you not like me?

Not in the slightest, no; but you'll find that my actual reasoning for responding to you and not the "Miku hate train" is because I know virtually nothing about Project DIVA since

1. I don't speak Japanese and

2. I don't import games anymore.

I do know quite a bit about Toejam and Earl, though; including knowing how much the first game is loved and how much shit Sega gets every time one of these games comes up and Sega doesn't include them in it.

Edited by Tornado

First I've honestly heard about any out cry for Toejam & Earl since...forever, don't get how you can't grasp i simply dislike the game, or anything to do with it because to me, it is a bad game with weird design choices, horrible music and it just doesn't hold appeal to me say like... Clockwork Knight, or Fighting Vipers, or hell even Burning Rangers.

We playing these games again, guys? >.>

Toejam and Earl were originally decent games for the time but the third wasn't too hot. Giving them stereotypical personalities did not help them one bit. I'll fall in the middle somewhere and be awkward as usual. I would welcome their involvement in some form as they are part of video game history. Back in 1992, they were plastered over things almost as much as Sonic was and they are more deserving of slots than say... a singing computer.

Not that I hate Miku or anything... quite the contrary. Game characters, however deserve first dibs.

Feel free to disagree with me. My opinion isn't fact and is in no way less or more valid. Someone needs to be the bigger man here and cool dem jets before everything catches fire again~!

I would like Blaze Fielding in Police-themed vehicles - possibly with a Flashgal type bike as her all-star - but Streets is no longer in vogue and it ain't gonna happen. Doesn't make me hate the other characters up for rep. Space Michael would be popular but the rights would be insane~

First I've honestly heard about any out cry for Toejam & Earl since...forever, don't get how you can't grasp i simply dislike the game, or anything to do with it because to me, it is a bad game with weird design choices, horrible music and it just doesn't hold appeal to me say like... Clockwork Knight, or Fighting Vipers, or hell even Burning Rangers.

No, now you're changing what you said. You treated your own opinion of TJ&E as if it was an objective FACT and that everyone agrees with you on the idea that the games are "horrible and bad", which is why the series died. That's the reason you listed: "the series died because it is horrible and bad". Or more specifically, "the series died because everyone agrees with my personal opinion that it is horrible and bad". This is what you treated as a fact, and this branching incorrect view is what you continue to perpetuate. And to think you still have the gumption to call me or anyone else ignorant at this point is laughable.

Edited by PsychoJosh

No, i said the games are horrible and bad because they are, to me i wasn't telling or forcing my view on anything.

If TJ&E are the saviours SEGA apparently fucking need, then how come we haven't heard anything out of the Duo (Now, Trio i may add) since... 2000 was it? or when the Xbox was kicking about, obviously the series was doing something wrong and not reeling the cash in, otherwise SEGA would have kept them active, or included them in games like transformed, there clearly isn't any care from SEGA's side of things to include them in anything, nor do i see this mass amount of people crying out for them, just a small amount of noise here and there on forums.

The fact you can talk to me about ignorance when you don't want a virtual idol in a game and proceed to type profane and silly things about what you would do to her if she was considered as future DLC, is also laughable.

*Raises eyebrow at the TJ&E debate*

Anyhoo, I'm happy to see that Miku's doing well in the poll,though I'd of preferred Black Rock Shooter instead, mostly because I though Sega was involved with the PSP BRS game, but it seems that isn't the case. Vectorman and Sega Sanshiro aren't doing too bad either.

I find the concept of antagonising each other over characters that are probably never going to be added anyway silly.

The past few pages are just bleh.

Just to clear some things up...

The creator has TJ&E's rights tied down pretty tightly. They did want to do a DS game but they struggled to get anyone interested in publishing. Johnson is still interested in using the IP but after the last one, it needs to be something interesting and I can understand his apprehension.

Am I correct in recalling said creative control was the reason they weren't included in the first game? It's a vague memory, so probably wrong.

*wait*

Yep, according to some Steve guy via Kotaku. Sumo did attempt to get them in.

*Scratches Head* Black Rock Shooter...? But they aren't even related! I can somewhat understand Miku since she's had SEGA tie-ins all over, is a Racing mascot with her own car etc. but BRS is a long stretch if there was one, that's like throwing any anime girl into the melting pot if you ask me.

And this is coming from a massive black rock shooter fan!

Segata is already in Transformed...somewhat, but i would like to see Vectorman at least.

Anyhoo, I'm happy to see that Miku's doing well in the poll,though I'd of preferred Black Rock Shooter instead, mostly because I though Sega was involved with the PSP BRS game, but it seems that isn't the case. Vectorman and Sega Sanshiro aren't doing too bad either.

*Scratches Head* Black Rock Shooter...? But they aren't even related! I can somewhat understand Miku since she's had SEGA tie-ins all over, is a Racing mascot with her own car etc. but BRS is a long stretch if there was one, that's like throwing any anime girl into the melting pot if you ask me.

Probably because Hatsune Miku directly inspired Huke with BRS in the first place. They're forever entwined. I assumed that's why she was brought up in the same breath anyways...

I'm indifferent but BRS is definitely pushing it. Miku was already doing that for most people. Any extra characters are good at this point however... somewhere down the line. I'd bet most people aren't even aware there was a game on a format that very few care about these days.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

The reason I brought up BRS is because I thought Sega had some involvement with the BRS game that came out a year ago and thought they had rights to use the character, but it turns out they had no involvement with the franchise at all. Guess that's what I get for not doing my research beforehand. n_n;

*gets 200 stars*

*discovers the final unlock is at 232 stars*

So let me see if I understand...

To unlock all characters... I have to clear nearly 3/4's of mission mode... then replay it all again, on expert difficulty...... ... erm... why?

The final unlock is the final character I'm guessing? You need to clear everything on EXPERT for that!?

Yes professor J... Yes you do. I've just added up all the stars in the game, it works out at exactly 232, you might have had some leeway had the DLC track added some missions, but they don't.

I can't even do the last traffic attack mission on hard let alone Expert. I've just done the first one, but really struggling with the second.

Theres just no margain for error with them, if you hit anything you might as well restart otherwise you can't recover... and no this is not a good thing, it's making me hate it since a lot your success on this comes from luck as apposed to your ability.

What is that 232 unlock?

EDIT

You need expert for said character's special mod though, I believe.

Oh , Ok.

Well thats bad,although I have yet to use any console mod.

Edited by Ferr

Ow boy, this discussion is going back and forth. But I do have to agree with Soniko in some points, there's something we can't deny: by the time it was released, Toejam & Earl was a great game on the Genesis. But then again, it was good at the time, and sadly, it turned crap with the years, mostly due 3D reboots. See Golden Axe, it was an excellent game on the Genesis, but that 3D version released recently is pure crap.

They still pretty decent games, they are classics, excellent at their times, and just enjoyable today. I believe most people want them back in Transformed for pure nostalgia, and that's not a problem anyway.

Edited by Jango

yeah final "super service character" is like, 165 stars (5 more than Reala actually) pretty sure that the final 2 unlocks beyond

AGES

is "spoilered name's" special Mod, Race of Ages Mirror track and perhaps another Credit roll? I don't know, i don't have the heart or the patience to brave through expert of Shibuya Downtown Traffic Attack >_>

Huh? But... then how do you unlock...

Eggman?

Thats who I'm missing and I assumed it was the final unlock since thats the only thing I've yet to unlock and in the character menu it says 'unlock from either GP or superstar showdown?

I know it can, but it still has it's star challenge in World Tour beyond the final character.

Huh? But... then how do you unlock...

Eggman?

Thats who I'm missing and I assumed it was the final unlock since thats the only thing I've yet to unlock and in the character menu it says 'unlock from either GP or superstar showdown?

Beat all GP cups on Mirror mode.