Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

i don't think so, given the scale of the Dragons compared to the racers, its highly unlikely

Who says that it'll be a dragon? If a Panzer Dragoon character gets in the game, it'll be one of the humans riding a vehicle that resembles a dragon. Riding an actual dragon is out of the question because A) they're too big adn cool.png how are you going to do drifting and boating on a creature that ambulates with its feet? Come on, use some common sense here. The game is about AUTO RACING, every other character uses a motorized vehicle, the PD character will be no different.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Who says that it'll be a dragon? If a Panzer Dragoon character gets in the game, it'll be one of the humans riding a vehicle that resembles a dragon. Riding an actual dragon is out of the question because A) they're too big adn cool.png how are you going to do drifting and boating on a creature that ambulates with its feet? Come on, use some common sense here. The game is about AUTO RACING, every other character uses a motorized vehicle, the PD character will be no different.

If Gilius' Vehicle involves A Bull creature and a Sea Turtle as vehicles then I'm sure a Dragon can be done.

6. Not sure I know what you mean here?

8. Should I be worried?

6. I mean, something like weather changing, or simply changing the % of ground/ air section/ water section.

8. YES YOU SHOULD :D :D

Anyway I reminded another question:

1 In the trailer I see Sonic flying in the panzer dragoon stage in a section with water under him. Is it possible to use (for example) a kind of weapon to hit a racer and let him fall in the water then force him to transform his vehicle in a boat? I heard one of the placeholder weapon is an ice cube that freezes the racers...is that possible to do that in the air, blocking a racer, and then forcing him to transform into another vehicle without touching any circle?

If Gilius' Vehicle involves A Bull creature and a Sea Turtle as vehicles then I'm sure a Dragon can be done.

Except for the fact that Gilius's vehicle isn't an actual creature. It was described in an interview as a sort of "statue on wheels" that turns into other stuff. So no, a dragon can't be done.

they better give me ryo hazuki in a morphing version of the forklift, that would be AWESOME

@Jango: Just a nerdy correction: Power Stone is a Capcom game. The only connection it has to SEGA is that it released as a Dreamcast exclusive. SEGA can't include anything Power Stone related in any of their games nor can they rerelease it. All 100% Capcom.

I like I'm getting help with the answers here! Want to come help in the SEGA forums tongue.png

---

S0L

---

SEGA Forums? i'll take my chances here S0L :P unless you'd like help haha

just like a plane, space craft and a living ship with feet where able to drift in ASR1? fyi the dragon from Zwei could fly also and would probably take the same drift mechanic as Tails/Ula La/ Opa Opa. Chu Chu's did,its game logic, it doesn't have to make sense as long as it looks good doing it.

what's the point in having a random human from the PD series ride a vehicle from the PD verse? there isn't one, it needs to have some sort of gimmick or relevance to the series fans can remember from the series...you know an "All Star" :P, and the only characters you tend to remember from PD are the dragon riders and main enemies, YOU try using common sense and see that your argument is invalid ;)

SGHV2OpOp.jpg

There is no common sense... there is only Opa-Opa.

just like a plane, space craft and a living ship with feet where able to drift in ASR1? fyi the dragon from Zwei could fly also and would probably take the same drift mechanic as Tails/Ula La/ Opa Opa. Chu Chu's did,its game logic, it doesn't have to make sense as long as it looks good doing it.

You guys do realize you just defeated your own arguments, right? Opa Opa IS A VEHICLE, he FLIES, he is a ship, he doesn't EVER use his feet in the first game (except for the sole purpose of getting OFF of them). This game IS NOT like the first one, it has distinct modes where you're on the ground and on land, thus there can be no more "hovering" vehicles since that would be rendered redundant by the flying mode.

A character from PD, like all the other characters in this game, would have to have a land-driving mode distinct from its air-driving mode. Since PD has land and air modes for its dragons that's already covered, but it would also have to be able to drift on land while going at high speed. It would have to be small enough to fit on the track. Plus if a dragon can still hover off the ground in its land mode what's stopping it from just taking off into the air altogether? Your logic completely falls apart. Thanks for trying smile.png

There is absolutely no reason to NOT make it an artificial, mechanized dragon-like vehicle. Everything you're proposing has inherent design flaws, fixed by a simple solution like the one I proposed. You can't just make up some completely daft brain-defying suggestions and then sweep it under the rug as "video game logic". That's terrible game design. It has to at least make a modicum of sense.

Froggy--article_image.jpg

Here be Dragons froggy.

If they want a character in a dragon... then there will be dragons, reality isn't going to stop them, not in this game /Brucie.

Ah yes, Froggy, widely considered to be the worst all-star move in the game and you couldn't even control him. You couldn't drift with Froggy, you couldn't do a damn thing with him. It was basically an autopilot mode like all the other all-stars and plus it doesn't fit into this game since it has entirely new mechanics. My argument still stands quite strong, thanks for demonstrating that with this post smile.png

what's the point in having a random human from the PD series ride a vehicle from the PD verse? there isn't one, it needs to have some sort of gimmick or relevance to the series fans can remember from the series...you know an "All Star" tongue.png, and the only characters you tend to remember from PD are the dragon riders and main enemies, YOU try using common sense and see that your argument is invalid wink.png

I wouldn't know, I never played PD, are you certain it has no human characters? As far as I can tell the dragoons are mostly just steeds in the game and used basically as tools for the protagonists to complete their objectives. If this is the case, then a human character riding an artificial dragoon would be sufficient. I see no reason why it can't happen, and your arguments so far have completely failed at demonstrating otherwise.

Edited by PsychoJosh

A character from PD, like all the other characters in this game, would have to have a land-driving mode distinct from its air-driving mode. Since PD has land and air modes for its dragons that's already covered, but it would also have to be able to drift on land while going at high speed. It would have to be small enough to fit on the track. Plus if a dragon can still hover off the ground in its land mode what's stopping it from just taking off into the air altogether? Your logic completely falls apart. Thanks for trying smile.png

Tail's default vehicle was an airplane, Ula La's was a space ship etc. what stopped them from flying off the course in the first in theory?

bottom line is, anything can be a land based vehicle as long as it isn't on legs which woul cancel out the drift feature.

in fact you just shot your original point out the water yourself... Panzer Dragoon won't be making the character roster.

I wouldn't know, I never played PD, are you certain it has no human characters? As far as I can tell the dragoons are mostly just steeds in the game and used basically as tools for the protagonists to complete their objectives. If this is the case, then a human character riding an artificial dragoon would be sufficient. I see no reason why it can't happen, and your arguments so far have completely failed at demonstrating otherwise.

the only characters that i distinctly remember serving a role in PD are Orta, and the boy that rode the blue dragon, they did play a part on the stories but those are the only 2 important human characters in the game

the only way i see a possible character inclusion is if Sumo use Orta's changing ability to their advantage, and have Orta riding a chibi/smaller dragon

land - a short winged hovering dragon

water - a dragon that swims or skims across the waters surface with some special wings

air - grows larger wings to sustain flight.

it can be possible, but probably too much work involved for one racer alone so bottom line is.

panzer dragoon will be represented by just a track, not a racer, which in turn answers the original questions post

which in turn pretty much meant your argument was invalid from the beginning lol.

Except for the fact that Gilius's vehicle isn't an actual creature. It was described in an interview as a sort of "statue on wheels" that turns into other stuff. So no, a dragon can't be done.

It could easily be done. Remember Opa Opa? he basically runs on his feet at the beggining (and its still just him while racing, he just hovers a bit), the same could be done with a Dragon, so yeah it could be done very well, it would glide just slightly above the water and fly on air sections. Dont think it will happen though.

S0L I know I am just bombarding you with questions, but this is quite intriguing...

We know All-Stars are coming back, but now we have air and water sections...so Super sonic works just fine on any of those, but what about some All-Stars like for example Ryos Forklift, it would look very weird functioning on water since...well it would just sink or even weirder on air, so could you tell us how you are gonna manage that? will the All-Star moves transform depending if its on water or the air? or are you just gonna find a way to make more All-Stars like Super Sonic or The parts shop that can function well be it on water or air? I know this might be something you cant confirm, but Im just curious.

Thanks for spending some of your time to chat with us and answer questions smile.png I truly appreciate it! and Im well aware everyone does here =)

Edited by dabbido

It could easily be done. Remember Opa Opa? he basically runs on his feet at the beggining (and its still just him while racing, he just hovers a bit), the same could be done with a Dragon, so yeah it could be done very well, it would glide just slightly above the water and fly on air sections.

I already pointed out why this is wrong. Opa Opa doesn't use his feet for anything except taking off. He's not on his feet while racing so he can't be defined as an example of feet "working very well" when all he does is take off with them.

Also, the dragon would "glide slightly above the water"? That's not boating, that's hovering above the water. The whole point of the water sections is to add a boating mechanic where you're affected by the waves. If you're hovering above the water you're not affected by the waves at all and can just speed through water sections with careless disregard, which (it goes without saying) would be cheap and unfair to the other racers.

Tail's default vehicle was an airplane, Ula La's was a space ship etc. what stopped them from flying off the course in the first in theory?

bottom line is, anything can be a land based vehicle as long as it isn't on legs which woul cancel out the drift feature.

Again, there was no flying mechanic before, it was just hovering. The addition of a flight mechanic has done away with the practicality and logic of hovering vehicles. Hovering airplanes and spacecraft on land in this game would be impossible to explain away. Learn how to read, thanks.

the only characters that i distinctly remember serving a role in PD are Orta, and the boy that rode the blue dragon, they did play a part on the stories but those are the only 2 important human characters in the game

Okay, that's fine then. All that's needed is one. Keil or Orta it is.

land - a short winged hovering dragon

water - a dragon that swims or skims across the waters surface with some special wings

air - grows larger wings to sustain flight.

it can be possible, but probably too much work involved for one racer alone so bottom line is.

"Too much work"? It sounds like exactly the same amount of work required for all the other racers. They have the characters to work with so all they need is a vehicle with a land, sea and air mode. What exactly is "too much work" here? Oh, right, it's just you spouting nonsense and talking about things that you don't know. You sure seem to love doing this tongue.png

panzer dragoon will be represented by just a track, not a racer, which in turn answers the original questions post

which in turn pretty much meant your argument was invalid from the beginning lol.

Wow, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were working on the game and thus know everything there is to know about the final roster. Oh wait, you aren't, so you need to shut up and quit mouthing off in ignorance, because again it's too early to tell whether or not there will be a PD character and you certainly don't know this as a fact. It's a definite possibility, if PD can be represented by a character as well then I see no reason why it shouldn't. All I've ever been saying is that there's no reason to discount the possibility of there being a PD character.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Learn how to read, thanks.

wow rude.

Okay, that's fine then. All that's needed is one. Keil or Orta it is.

having the boy or Orta ride on the track on anything less than their respective dragons would be stupid, considering Blue and the morphing Dragon are flying around the track Anyway.

"Too much work"? It sounds like exactly the same amount of work required for all the other racers. They have the characters to work with so all they need is a vehicle with a land, sea and air mode. What exactly is "too much work" here? Oh, right, it's just you spouting nonsense and talking about things that you don't know. You sure seem to love doing this tongue.png

yes it is too much work, having a living creature morph into land, sea and air with distinctive forms would be a lot of work, given the the animation of the dragon's model and so on, having to animate the rider and dragon would take up a lot of time, oh and quit it with the smart ass attitude, it just makes you seem more of douche than you already are :/

Wow, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were working on the game and thus know everything there is to know about the final roster. Oh wait, you aren't, so you need to shut up and quit mouthing off in ignorance

grow up.

because again it's too early to tell whether or not there will be a PD character and you certainly don't know this as a fact.

did i say it was a fact? its simply specculation on information i've already seen, with the series having nothing to offer vehile wise you tend to put 2 and 2 together.

It's a definite possibility, if PD can be represented by a character as well then I see no reason why it shouldn't. All I've ever been saying is that there's no reason to discount the possibility of there being a PD character.

exactly, that's your opinion and i've gave you mine and explained it, no need to get up and be a jerk to me and others about it

quit getting mad son.

having the boy or Orta ride on the track on anything less than their respective dragons would be stupid, considering Blue and the morphing Dragon are flying around the track Anyway.

How would it be stupid? Considering the size of the dragons, the fact that everyone else is using a mechanized racer of some kind and the fact that the dragons actually cause destruction in the stage (one of them smashes into a bridge and forces you to continue the race in the air), I don't think it'd be stupid at all. It's quite logical actually.

yes it is too much work, having a living creature morph into land, sea and air with distinctive forms would be a lot of work, given the the animation of the dragon's model and so on, having to animate the rider and dragon would take up a lot of time, oh and quit it with the smart ass attitude, it just makes you seem more of douche than you already are :/

Again, it's no more work than what is required of any of the other racers. All the other racers need to have land/sea/air vehicles with distinctive forms and animations. And even if animating the dragon would take up a lot of time this is just another argument for it being a mechanized vehicle resembling a dragon. You keep defeating your own arguments, it's actually pretty sad to see how backwards your logic is. Resorting to silly name-calling are we? And I'M the one who needs to grow up? lol

did i say it was a fact? its simply specculation on information i've already seen, with the series having nothing to offer vehile wise you tend to put 2 and 2 together.

Let me just quote you here:

Panzer Dragoon won't be making the character roster.

That seems like a pretty declarative statement, I wouldn't say anything in such a way unless I was confident it was an undeniable fact, you seem to think it is, so yes you are stating it as a fact. You even took the time to bold it because you're that DAMN sure that it's a fact. Don't you even read what you type? :P

quit getting mad son.

I don't think more ironic words have ever been uttered by any other person ;)

we'll just have to see, i'm tired of this pointless banter between a person who doesn't even have an avatar

lets just say i'm pretty confident PD won't be making it to the character roster, and it will just be represented with a track

having a mechanical dragon is...stupid, the series was about real Dragons with armour.

and it wasn't name calling, i was stating that you where acting like a douche with your attitude towards the users and myself here, which you were.

True true, but it still could be done, the only real problem is the water section, as he could be gliding for the track portions, just like how Ulala just floats as well, this isnt about realism anyways, they could make it work, just my opinion, but still I think we wont be seeing any other representation besides the track, and its a wonderful track at that. Im just happy we are getting it.

True true, but it still could be done, the only real problem is the water section, as he could be gliding for the track portions, just like how Ulala just floats as well,

We don't know if Ulala floats anymore. Every returning character got changed for this game so I highly doubt that she uses a hovering vehicle anymore, I'll be surprised if she does.

and it wasn't name calling, i was stating that you where acting like a douche with your attitude towards the users and myself here, which you were.

That's what's name calling is, dummy. That's the textbook definition of an ad hominem. The fact that you had to resort to it first proves that you are the douche because you can't even keep an argument civil. tongue.png Did you even pass elementary school?

"Douche" isn't even a clearly defined term, it's just whatever you want it to be at a point where you're angry.

Edited by PsychoJosh

That's what's name calling is, dummy. That's the textbook definition of an adhominem. The fact that you had to resort to it first proves that you are the douche because you can't even keep an argument civil. tongue.png Did you even pass elementary school?

Gee why are you taking this so seriously? its just opinions no need to insult her o_o

• Thumbs Up 6

...is it me or this thread is getting heated by the second?

Where is S0L when you need him...

Edited by Ming Ming Love

...is it me or this thread is getting heated by the second?

Where is S0L when you need him...

Nope, youre not the only one :P

Changing topic.... Do you guys thing the 3DS will be getting exclusive content? well just because it is the less "powerful" version? Like Incorporating street pass use for 3DS or something, maybe a track or something. Although going by how the last one did, Im pretty sure they will make their best effort to make the 3DS version as close as possible on graphics and controls :)