Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

While it's nice and everything, it's not an excuse for holding back the release. Conversely, optimising and polishing the game is.

You're also forgetting Sega and Sumo wants to get much money from this game as it can possibly get. Releasing the PC version on the same day as the consoles while there are torrent sites... not the best idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're also forgetting Sega and Sumo wants to get much money from this game as it can possibly get. Releasing the PC version on the same day as the consoles while there are torrent sites... not the best idea.

And I understand that and I know it's the main reason for the delay. But it's been what? A month and a half already?

...and I'm stilllll waiting for the PC version... Seriously, what's taking it so freaking long???

They're too busy cramming it full of exclusives.

I hope so. Does that mean it will be nicely optimised and will lool better than on consoles?

It sure sounds like it. S0L said this on the SEGA forums:

It's been highly optimised and we're aiming at similar specs for the first one. On my modest desktop system (3GHz Xeon with a 460 GTX) it's well over 60fps right now, even with everything up high. If your PC is recent, it'll run the game without breaking into much of a sweat!

Most gaming rigs should run this pretty well, if this is the case. I know mine will. 

It's coming out later, but I think that'll be made up for with the better performance and extra content. 

Also, Anvil, please don't start this again. We've been through this. 

Edited by Solly

I see.

My last issue is that the game is download only. I soo wish it was a boxed game. I love owning good games in boxes)).

They're too busy cramming it full of exclusives.
Could you stop trying to stir up an argument (as evident by the last three posts you've made on this topic)? The whole "console versus PC" bickering was lame five years ago.
  • Thumbs Up 6

I see.

My last issue is that the game is download only. I soo wish it was a boxed game. I love owning good games in boxes)).

I think you may be in luck there, since you're in Europe. Generations and ASR got both retail and digital releases here, and only digital elsewhere.

I simply do not understand the need to continuously blow up and abuse AiAi.

..Among many other things, I like the cheesy old style but it doesn't sell the game at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, was that Tikal? (real place, not the character)

The trailer was okay, but it sort of missed the point of those sorts of mock-educational things. Could have easily been a lot funnier. Also they really seem to hate AiAi.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, we get it, SEGA. Danica is in the game. How bout dat Wreck-It-Ralph?

This advert is absolutely dreadful

It's even worse than the last one which took some doing. 1:26 seconds long, barely 10 seconds show gameplay. 2 characters shown again, races look boring and lifeless. No tracks are shown again. No music is played at all. No mention of ANY of the games features (multiplayer/co-op/world tour/GP etc)

I bet we could make a better advert than this. In fact I bet if we wanted to, we could make a better marketing campaign than what Sega of America have done so far, this is just abysmal.

• Thumbs Up 7

Are you sure the trailer is new? Like new new? 'Cos the Vita version was out since Tuesday.

New trailer based off the US TV ad/commercial

Gameplay footage is between 0:58 and 1:05. That's 7 whopping seconds of actual in-game footage! Don't spoil the game too much, SEGA!

Really though, I couldn't sit through this whole thing. It's so stupid and embarrassing that I cringed from just seeing the video's preview thumbnail. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

...and I'm stilllll waiting for the PC version... Seriously, what's taking it so freaking long???

If retailer listings are anything to go by, the PC version isn't due out until February 2013.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/10623490.html

Are you sure the trailer is new? Like new new? 'Cos the Vita version was out since Tuesday.

It's from SEGA of America's YouTube channel and it's got today's date on it.

Why do they keep running over monkeys? THINK OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY, PEOPLE!

Damn you SEGA, corrupting the minds of our youth! Soon we'll have every kid driving round the street (or more likely a zoo), running over helpless apes, and declaring "I saw Sonic and DANICA PATRICK!* do it on TV!"

*FUCK YEAH

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad that I laughed out loud after that advert? Man, I honestly wonder they were thinking when they thought up this cockamamie excuse for an attempt to sell me their product.

I just left my thoughts on the youtube comments... not that it'll do much of any good, I can't believe the number of people who think that this is a good advert because it shows AiAi being hit by a car...

Sorry but this is supposed to make the game look appealing and exciting to... aparently some demographic.

They go on about how Sonic and Danica are using their power ups on one another... they then cut to a deliberately bad blue screen effect showing them throwing shoes at each other... SHOW US THE INGAME WEAPONS!

I'm just embarassed by this. The game is just so much better than what SOA is doing to it right now. Who is in charge of the promotion for this game because this is just shocking. I don't get this 50's/60's driver instruction thing they're doing with this? What exactly does that have to do with the game? Nothing. Even if you say 'oh well it's nostalgia' what does the nostalgia in the game have to do with the 50's/60's government safety thing!?

• Thumbs Up 2

HA HA! Tracker_TD posted this in the TSS comments:

Note that Sonic throws a shoe at Danica…

Is that a reference to that incident a few months back SEGA? X3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think this image basically sums up every advert we've seen from SOA so far:

dan.jpgp

Or, for the less visually minded:

"HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT DANICA PATRICK IS IN THIS GAME?!!!"

I think this image basically sums up every advert we've seen from SOA so far:

dan.jpgp

Or, for the less visually minded:

"HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT DANICA PATRICK IS IN THIS GAME?!!!"

So, you're saying Danica Patrick is in the game? :-o

*Buys the game and puts it in console*

Where's Danica? D:

Oh, Sega, why are you guys showering so much love on Danica Patrick, and casting Wreck-It Ralph to the wayside? Ralph needs some love, too, you know. I mean, surely, he can't wreck up your promotions, with you already doing a good job of that yourselves...

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey, that Danica image looks familiar! Did I make that or did I make something like it? Me so confused.

edit: lol, I did make that! Looks like replaced it in an article after a real image appeared. Oh I am so funny...

Anyway, yeah, advert would have been decent if they had more in-game footage! tongue.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad

So, you're saying Danica Patrick is in the game? :-o

*Buys the game and puts it in console*

Where's Danica? D:

EXACTLY!

> Buy ASRT

> Go to character select

> Danica Patrick nowhere to be found

> Ralph on the starting roster but has received zero publicity by comparison

> ??????

> LOGIC!

...apparently.