Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The game's difficulty and challenge is what keeps the longevity so great. I still havent finished the game and i still have tons of reasons to start up the game, hence ill be found online everyday since why not if the game is allready started up?

I thinkthe game is really well constructed and that the AI is basically just acting as AI. Allthough yeah a bit harsher on expert than what u would usually find in a racing game, but then it is called expert for a reason right?

Funnily enough though, simply just being motivated to win has brought me quite far. Expert isnt all "that" hard for me either. But losing so much only makes the win that much more satisfying.

Is this Panzer Dragoon? Personally, I found the Panzer Dragoon Traffic Attack to be the hardest of the bunch.

It's the Jet Set Radio one on the track from the last game. 

The JSR traffic attack is the hardest because you don't have any weapon or ammo to shot against those damn cars. But the Ocean View and Sunshine Tour traffic attack are also pretty fucking hard, and you have weapons and ammo in this ones.

That reminds me, I still haven't beat some expert ghosts. Any tips, mods, chars? I need to beat Chilly Castle and all the Arcade cup tracks.

Edited by Jango

Wow, are the Traffic Attack missions really that bad? I mean, I've seen some gameplay videos of some of them, and they actually look fun...

The JSR traffic attack is the hardest because you don't have any weapon or ammo to shot against those damn cars. But the Ocean View and Sunshine Tour traffic attack are also pretty fucking hard, and you have weapons and ammo in this ones.

That reminds me, I still haven't beat some expert ghosts. Any tips, mods, chars? I need to beat Chilly Castle and all the Arcade cup tracks.

I usually use Sonic, Metal Sonic, Vyse, and AGES in beating the expert ghosts (usually start with Sonic and then use either Vyse or Metal). Also their speed & console mods work wonders.

Wow, are the Traffic Attack missions really that bad? I mean, I've seen some gameplay videos of some of them, and they actually look fun...

I personally like the traffic attack missions, they are challenging but I find them fun.

JSR Traffic Attack is not that hard at all. Well not compared to Classic Samba and Sonic Heroes at least.

Unless you don't have the DLC or don't intend to do the trophy glitch, don't bother, the sticker/trophy will unlock once you hit... what is is 170 ghosts? That means the DLC track ghosts do count towards it and they're some of the easiest to beat.

Whilst I was able to do it as Metal Sonic using the console mod, I suspect Sonic + Speed mod would also work.

But with the expert ghosts, with the exception of Burning Rangers + Classic Samba. Metal Sonic + Console/genesis mod = WINNER! For those other two courses, Sonic + Speed mod.

I know I linked you to a video the other day, and it was of a pretty skilled player. They're far more difficult than the videos let on. Painfully frustrating, and not really fun at all.
  • Thumbs Up 1

JSR Traffic Attack is not that hard at all. Well not compared to Classic Samba and Sonic Heroes at least.

Unless you don't have the DLC or don't intend to do the trophy glitch, don't bother, the sticker/trophy will unlock once you hit... what is is 170 ghosts? That means the DLC track ghosts do count towards it and they're some of the easiest to beat.

Whilst I was able to do it as Metal Sonic using the console mod, I suspect Sonic + Speed mod would also work.

But with the expert ghosts, with the exception of Burning Rangers + Classic Samba. Metal Sonic + Console/genesis mod = WINNER! For those other two courses, Sonic + Speed mod.

Thanks, I gonna try later on! By the way, I just saw some people saying at the Sega Forums that you got the trophy once you beat the classic Samba track mirrowed. I haven't beat it yet, so I don't know, but it look likes it works, I saw lots of players with the sticker for beating all the ghosts and they had beaten like,  one hundred or so on. Anyway, I wanna beat them all just because well... that's me, I like 100%-ing games XD

MeeMee is the best character in the game. I'm beating all of the missions I had trouble with with her. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone know why Metal Sonic on at least the Wii U version has a crown and is max level from the start? Also why he has a "console mod" or whatever its called? I was curious thanks.

Also what are the mods and what do they do and why are they called console mods and dreamcast mods lol.

I will admit, the thing that drives me most mad in this game is when AI racers just... drive past me.  As if they can just go faster.  And I mean they probably can, but I've noticed no pattern between what other characters can do this and what can't.  And I like to use acceleration mods and yet AI racers will still catch up to and overtake me when I've been driving flawlessly (thus should be at max speed) the entire time.  Sometimes even when I'm boosting!  Like... I know acceleration mods have crappy boost but surely even the highest general speed should be slower than the weakest boost.  D=

I've heard about this a few times; quite a few people have been noticing that the AI manages to speed past you when they really shouldn't be able to. Methinks the AI might be cheating.

I've heard about this a few times; quite a few people have been noticing that the AI manages to speed past you when they really shouldn't be able to. Methinks the AI might be cheating.

I think its just something to do with racing AI in general Mario Kart was often criticized for rubber band AI as well that were cheap and actually outside of the players limits of the game(speeding up faster than the player able to go faster than the player etc).  Its just the way that difficulty is kept up but often ends up having a negative and rather cheap effect.

Anyone know why Metal Sonic on at least the Wii U version has a crown and is max level from the start? Also why he has a "console mod" or whatever its called? I was curious thanks.   Also what are the mods and what do they do and why are they called console mods and dreamcast mods lol.
Metal Sonic has all its mods unlocked on all versions and the crown represents that. Once you unlocked every mod for each character they will get a crown too. The mods change how the vehicles perform, for example, you could make a character faster with a speed mod or have better acceleration. And they are called console mods because of the console the character appeared in. Sonic has the genesis mod because he came out first in the Sega Genesis while Beat has the dreamcast mod because he came out first in the Sega Dreamcast.

What do the console mods actually do?

Just adjust characters stats like any other. The console mods generally focus raw speed vs crap handling. That sort of thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just adjust characters stats like any other. The console mods generally focus raw speed vs crap handling. That sort of thing.

Yeah, they usually add as much as possible to Speed and Boost while greatly reducing Handling and Acceleration.

Not very easy to race with if you're getting hit with items a lot, but it's good if you manage to escape the pack, or for time trials.

MeeMee is the best character in the game. I'm beating all of the missions I had trouble with with her. 

The one character everyone flipped their lids over is the best racer for World Tour. XD

I think its just something to do with racing AI in general Mario Kart was often criticized for rubber band AI as well that were cheap and actually outside of the players limits of the game(speeding up faster than the player able to go faster than the player etc).  Its just the way that difficulty is kept up but often ends up having a negative and rather cheap effect.

Thing I find better on here apart from Mario kart though is that I can avoid drones (red shell) and swarm (blue shell that's fair) and thanks to those even if the ai does come close its really only if I mess up do they truly overtake me but yes it would be nice if they didn't have cheap speed but in exchange the computer's driving need's to be better cause they kind of suck on closer inspection.

The thing is that the way that one can outrun expert A.I. the same way they do it. Lots of time I have outrun A.I. that are using boost (without using anything myself). I think that sometimes it depends on the side of the road you are since I've noticed the expert A.I. take the best routes (most of the time).

I personally found Samba's Traffic Attack piss easy, I used AGES since the Hornet is wide enough to drift into 2 ammo pick ups and collect 6 missiles to launch at the cars in front, i tended to just wade between them and only used ammo for the blue police cars, and the last 5 waves when the traffic begins to stack up.

Still haven't beat Ocean View's Traffic attack though...

Thing I find better on here apart from Mario kart though is that I can avoid drones (red shell) and swarm (blue shell that's fair) and thanks to those even if the ai does come close its really only if I mess up do they truly overtake me but yes it would be nice if they didn't have cheap speed but in exchange the computer's driving need's to be better cause they kind of suck on closer inspection.

One thing I will say though is snowball and firework spam isn't fun at all. I swear I get hit by them unreasonably all the time, unless I'm either seriously lagging or a mile ahead. This game, like many other kart racers, suffers from the fact that once you're away from the pack you're given an unfair advantage or unfair disadvantage.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, sometimes the balls and fireworks are worse than Mario Kart weapons. The problem here is you are not given any leg room to dodge these attacks. And since the game moves so fast, you won't be able to tell when people are about to shoot.

At least in Mario Kart, you could always protect yourself with shells or bananas.

Yeah, the only things that you can really guard against are drones and tornadoes. Despite the blue shell in Mario Kart, at least it's easier to get into first, keeping it can be hit and miss but, at least you can guard against everything EVEN the blue shell with a well timed boost. Also, the guy in first doesn't always end up being miles ahead of everyone else like in this and the original ASR.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Just tried the online a bit yesterday and today, and that collision is just plain awful. I also find what Blue Blood said about how if you're ahead of everyone or behind everyone, you have an unfair advantage or disadvantage to be very true in this game. Even in second place it can just be flat out impossible to locate where the first place racer is. I dunno, I really like playing this game, but when you've got friends over who're playing this game for the first time, it's kinda hard to enjoy at times.

Blue Blood and I were discussing how the middle of the pack really is an absolute war zone; the last time we played. It really is worse than anything I've seen in Mario Kart.