Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Yeah, and especially combined with the collision problem, the middle places can be pretty bad to be in.

Edited by Burnt Ash

Are they not going to patch this collision issue? Sounds like it affects gameplay experience pretty seriously.

If you manage to get ahead of the pack in the first lap then you've pretty much won the race as you don't have to deal with players ramming you about and off the track, or glitching you into scenery, online is carnage, especially at the start of a race, people who refuse to boost start and just sit in front of you as you smash into them, launching them forward as you hurtle backwards like you're on ice is really annoying.

Are they not going to patch this collision issue? Sounds like it affects gameplay experience pretty seriously.

Sumo got insanely quiet once the game got released.

It's like they don't even care anymore. I had a very bad feeling that this was probably going to happen. A MAJORITY of the game breaking glitches (Still some Wii U things broken like controls and Wii U Pro Controller rumble not working) and stage design glitches. Also, the broken online is annoying and it constantly pisses me off. No reason why I should be doing good in a race and be blasted off to my death by being bumped.

Honestly, the online is frustrating. Also, why doesn't the game make me start my own party online? Seems like it searches forever when I could easily be set as a host.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm, yeah. The "advanced" control scheme (see Mario Kart like) option for Wii U is busted in terms of item usage, right? I believe the hot rod item doesn't work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, sometimes the balls and fireworks are worse than Mario Kart weapons. The problem here is you are not given any leg room to dodge these attacks. And since the game moves so fast, you won't be able to tell when people are about to shoot.

At least in Mario Kart, you could always protect yourself with shells or bananas.

Not to mention there's a degree of auto-targetting making dodging the projectiles disproportionately more difficult than aiming them. It's so fast it might as well be a bullet.

I feel like the items don't really add much to this game at all. It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but they don't compliment the game's controls or track design at all. Look at how often a cluster of item capsules are strewn about the beginning of a track, so that immediately when the pack is still together, 4 or so people are gonna pick them up and oblierate each other, letting everyone else escape.

That and there's a lack of a real equalizer item. Not asking for a blue shell, because that's a bit ridiculous, but as you guys have mentioned, the middle of the pack becomes hell, while 1st-2nd duke it out in a free, easy ride, and the items you get aren't as balanced for your position. You can be in first place getting ice, drones, etc, while the guys in 5th are getting BLOWFISH. It makes 1st place a very safe position as opposed to a vulnerable one.

It's just a complete mess and I really think this aspect of the game should've been handled more carefully, with more fair items/item distribution, with more of a SEGA flare to them.

Oh dear... is there at least an option to turn off the items?

There are no options at all in this game for custom races, hell you can't even choose the number of laps!

Time Trails are limited to parts of the track only, and not the full transforming track experience you get in single races too.

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm...I was told I should definitely avoid the Wii U version of this.

I don't know, I really enjoyed the GamePad and 5 player local support.

Plus it has Mii as a character.

I imagine without items it would be even more imbalanced, though. There'd be even less of a reason to pick characters geared toward handling and acceleration over characters with really good speed and boost

Whoever told you that doesn't have the facts, or is some sort of fanboy. It's the exact same game as the PS3 and 360 versions, except there's some extra game modes and the possibility of off-TV play.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wii U version is probably the best version of the game, thanks to the new patch.

I imagine without items it would be even more imbalanced, though. There'd be even less of a reason to pick characters geared toward handling and acceleration over characters with really good speed and boost

Not always, depends.

Boost races are a lot more bearable to deal with because all you have to do is go really fucking fast to win, and there are no items for the A/S-Class AI to utterly decimate hit you with. I've beaten some with these with Beat and his acceleration and handling are really his best stats. But using the balanced mod, his speed and boost aren't that poor.

As long as you know the tracks well and know good opportunities to boost you'll be fine with whichever character.

It's like they don't even care anymore. I had a very bad feeling that this was probably going to happen. A MAJORITY of the game breaking glitches (Still some Wii U things broken like controls and Wii U Pro Controller rumble not working) and stage design glitches.

Bare in mind that if they ARE working on patches, they are having to do so for four different versions of the game, they're still working on the PC version (3DS version is probably gold by now) and put said patches through each system's certification process (of which in particular Microsoft's is supposedly notorious for being a long one).

It's like they don't even care anymore. I had a very bad feeling that this was probably going to happen.

They did? I thought they were still quite actively talking if S0L's posts on here are anything to go by?

• Thumbs Up 1

They did? I thought they were still quite actively talking if S0L's posts on here are anything to go by?

He might mean comparatively. I've sorta felt that too, but only now. Around the release, it was a lot more. Now, it's quite rare. :/

We do all know that it's Christmas right? And it seems that most game companies more or less wind down two weeks before Christmas actually starts?

From the looks of things most of the Sumo guys talk to us here from Sumo, so if thats the case I'm not suprised things have been a tad quiet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah the whole games industry has been quiet the last few weeks besides sales and deals, it's not all that surprising is it?

S0L has, to begin with, been much more active in feedback and community support than I think anyone expected of an Executive Producer.

Sumo's been out for the holidays and won't be back till January. Didn't you guys hear?

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7733614&viewfull=1#post7733614

And with that... I'm going to sign off for the year. It's been a jounrney eh? And one that's not over yet. I've had some motion with regards to DLC, but it's going to be something I'll wait to see how it develops so we can talk about it in the new year.

In the meantime, enjoy the holidays, play nice and we'll pick up things come January (unless I can't resist the urge to come and see what you're all up to in the hols!).

They were even able to answer the pinball physics before they did:

One thing we've actually addressed over here already is the physics in an online game. Between us and SEGA we did try to emulate laggy connections to see how the physics respond in high latency conditions, but now it's out in the real world, we can see that cross continent play actually was worse than we feared. So when people do lag quite badly, when they hit you it can pass on quite large physics impulses. Hence they hit quite hard. What we've done is limit the amount to no worse than standard AI collisions.

So you still have a kinetic experience, but not in a negative way. Again, as I've said many times, we are actively discussing getting this out of the office and into an update. Once I have a solid answer on if and when, I'll be in here shouting about it!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whew, finally got 165 stars, meaning I've unlocked every character and track.

I think that's pretty much my lot for this game in terms of single-player; no way am I going to have the patience (or, sadly, skill) to 100% this beast. Oh well, at least I managed to unlock every character etc!

right now I have all the stars, and I miss 3-4 stickers and 30 ghosts (all of them beeing the expert ones). I want to 110% the game, like I did with the previous game :P

How many stars are there in the whole game? 

In fairness, I doubt I'll get many (if any) more than I have now, now that I've unlocked everything, but it'd be nice to know just how many I'm missing. Also, I'm dying to know; what is past the 200-star gate after Ages that I'll likely never see?