Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The Wii U version is probably the best version of the game, thanks to the new patch.

...except the Wii U version has more freezes than any other version (in my own experience). During Christmas, I played the Wii U version and while I liked the extra stuff, the areas that don't freeze usually in the PS3/360 versions, freezes in the Wii U version.

I mean after playing a local Grand Prix (nothing went wrong during the GP), my friends decided to play a single race (I chose Galactic Parade) and it went stuck in the loading screen. It successfully loaded the second time though.

Then with online and just when the match was about the start the Wii U freezes. 2 online matches later, it freezes again. I'm aware that the PS3 version also freezes sometimes, but it never happened to me before on the PS3.

So to me personally, while the Wii U version has more features and the new patch made the version much better, because of these freezes I don't think the Wii U has the best version of the game. I rather have a version that has less freezes than the one that does.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

So ... what, I should avoid purchasing the Wii U version? I'm kinda confused here by all the comments made on it...

How many stars are there in the whole game? 

In fairness, I doubt I'll get many (if any) more than I have now, now that I've unlocked everything, but it'd be nice to know just how many I'm missing. Also, I'm dying to know; what is past the 200-star gate after Ages that I'll likely never see? 

232, and beyond the 200 gate is Graveyard Gig Boost Race and Race of AGES Mirror Race. Your reward for all that is

AGES' Console Mod

agesmod.JPG

Edited by FourCartridge

Just to check, are the Monkey Ball and Shinobi modes the only exclusive modes/ features (aside from the gamepad map and what have you)?

I tried each mode once. They were dull as crap and I didn't care to play them again. There's nothing about them that used the gamepad or required them to be exclusive to the Wii U version at all. D:

Not to mention there's a degree of auto-targetting making dodging the projectiles disproportionately more difficult than aiming them. It's so fast it might as well be a bullet.

I feel like the items don't really add much to this game at all. It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but they don't compliment the game's controls or track design at all. Look at how often a cluster of item capsules are strewn about the beginning of a track, so that immediately when the pack is still together, 4 or so people are gonna pick them up and oblierate each other, letting everyone else escape.

That and there's a lack of a real equalizer item. Not asking for a blue shell, because that's a bit ridiculous, but as you guys have mentioned, the middle of the pack becomes hell, while 1st-2nd duke it out in a free, easy ride, and the items you get aren't as balanced for your position. You can be in first place getting ice, drones, etc, while the guys in 5th are getting BLOWFISH. It makes 1st place a very safe position as opposed to a vulnerable one.

It's just a complete mess and I really think this aspect of the game should've been handled more carefully, with more fair items/item distribution, with more of a SEGA flare to them.

Ah, okay yeah in this case I do agree, since most of the time if im in 3rd or something im mainly just battling other players to get ahead because I have to worry about getting fired at but when im in second or first I feel load's safer since nothing will happen. The track's could be a bit wider I will admit since most of the time you have to get a little bit lucky if an item does hit you.

So ... what, I should avoid purchasing the Wii U version? I'm kinda confused here by all the comments made on it...

The only negative difference between the PS3/360 and the Wii U really is the increase of chance of getting freezes. That's all from my experience.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

The only times I've really had the game freeze is when me and my brother are both trying to play online together through the same console (one on the TV, one on the gamepad). Every time we've tried that, it's always frozen, but pretty much never outside of that, bar maybe one instance.

The Wii U version NEVER froze for me. I'm just putting that out there, and I've played the game for about 50 hours.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

So apparently it's becoming a little bit of a meme (at least in Miiverse) that Alex Kidd's AI makes him get stuck against walls constantly. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

So apparently it's becoming a little bit of a meme (at least in Miiverse) that Alex Kidd's AI makes him get stuck against walls constantly. XD

Oh gosh I thought that was a one-time thing and wasn't Alex Kidd exclusive either.  That is awesome that it is a thing coz it made me laugh a lot when it happened.  XD

Edited by JezMM

Oh gosh I thought that was a one-time thing and wasn't Alex Kidd exclusive either.  That is awesome that it is a thing coz it made me laugh a lot when it happened.  XD

Nah, it's apparently only Alex Kidd and happens quite a lot. My brother started the game last night and it happened almost every other race. XD

There was a hilarious Miiverse drawing, 'Alex Kidd in No-AI World', which parodied some official Alex Kidd artwork from Miracle World except had him repeatedly hitting himself against a wall. laugh.png

I almost hope they don't fix it, it's absolutely hilarious and doesn't actually hinder the game in any way really.

Edited by -Mark-

Was playing CTR this afternoon.

Just noticed how Cortex Castle and Graveyard Gig share visual similarities and even a identical segment. That part at the very beggining of GG with two split paths that end with a single path with a turn to the left. In CC, there's a part exactly like that, except that the turn after the two paths leads to the right.

Coincidence or too much nerdy?

Edited by Jango

Was playing CTR this afternoon.

Just noticed how Cortex Castle and Graveyard Gig share visual similarities and even a identical segment. That part at the very beggining of GG with two split paths that end with a single path with a turn to the left. In CC, there's a part exactly like that, except that the turn after the two paths leads to the right.

Coincidence or too much nerdy?

Kinda sorta both; They're both tracks based on gothic horror-esque places, so a split staircase is the first thing that would pop into a designer's mind when doing that locale. The devs probably looked elsewhere for inspiration(note the Metropolis Street Racer sticker, maybe a sign that Gareth Wilson's racing game career has gone full circle? XD).

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a question anyone else have trouble unlocking the last mirror cup in grand prix? I have gold colored trophies on each one to that point(im not sure what the exactly mean) and the damn thing just still wont unlock. Any advice I need to beat the cup to get eggman thanks.

I have a question anyone else have trouble unlocking the last mirror cup in grand prix? I have gold colored trophies on each one to that point(im not sure what the exactly mean) and the damn thing just still wont unlock. Any advice I need to beat the cup to get eggman thanks.

Gold cup? What is the "Letter" on the Trophies you've won? if it's "A" that's only Gold, Expert is "S" and gives you a Platinum coloured trophy.

I'm probably the only person with that problem:

32757307.jpg

I don't know... I can't help using Vyse's All Star because his theme music is fucking beast, same for Metal Sonic and Sonic's has a charm to it.

Gum's is just upbeat and cheers you up when you're sucking :P

I also don't like how the bgm start from the beggining after an all-star move, it should start from where it left. *OH YES, here comes the Back in Time remix par... MeeMee is gone all-star! FFFFFFFFFF* =/

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gold cup? What is the "Letter" on the Trophies you've won? if it's "A" that's only Gold, Expert is "S" and gives you a Platinum coloured trophy.

Okay yeah A class for all and "won" just means getting a podium spot right? Doesn't have to be first?  So any idea why I can't unlock the last mirror cup?

Edited by Lange

Oh wow, that's not just my copy XD?