Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I got bored of this game so quickly, I've had it since day 1 and haven't played it since about 2 weeks after its release. I never even bothered unlocking Reala, AGES or even Eggman because it felt like I was playing the game purely for the sake of unlocking the characters rather than actually having fun.

It's a shame because it could be such a good game but the entire way everything is set out makes it such a drag to play through and as soon as I started getting bored I realised that there was so little incentive for me to carry on playing. In ASRT's defence Mario Kart suffers from this as well though I find playing through the grand prixs in order of class to hold my attention longer and be much more satisfying than World Tour mode.

well you seem to be one of the very few so i guess this game simply isnt for ya perhaps. Personally i always doubt and have a hard time asking or attracing people to play any sonic game. There is no hesitation with this one though since i feel positive, almost sure anyone would like it. In practice this has really been the case. Bought it and played it at a friend who never liked a sonic game. He himself and friends who come over sometimes have purchased the game now too. I also hear a lot of genuine positivity around the gaming scene about this game in general, whereas the 1st game was never mentioned at all.

My point basically is that I think the game succeeded imo. the reasons yer statign have the exact opposite effect on me. I find that the game has an amazing longevity and because of the great amount of content, always attracts me back and automatically into the online mode.

Edited by Djawed

Dang, I had so much fun playing online this weekend, but I need to play with you guys too. Of course there's the terrible collision issues, but sometimes it end being funny. I just can't understand the pointing system. When I won a race, I get like +4 or +3 points, while most of times, the guy in second or third got +20 or even +55 :S

Edited by Jango

Dang, I had so much fun playing online this weekend, but I need to play with you guys too. Of course there's the terrible collision issues, but sometimes it end being funny. I just can't understand the pointing system. When I won a race, I get like +4 or +3 points, while most of times, the guy in second or third got +20 or even +55 :S

Haha yeah I defenitly want it to get fixed but i've experienced some amazing moments with the bumping issues as well. I remember one day when I was player 2 and on 1st place, my friend asked me to let him come 1st because points reset to 1000 on player 2 anyway. Well I ended up pressing break untill one of the guys gave me a huge bump from behind, bumping me all way over the finish and to first place again lol. Understandably the guy instantly quitted because I think he was bumped the other direction to a worst place XD

Reading everybody's criticisms about world tour mode, especially traffic attack, does make me a bit worried about this game as excited as I am to play it. I guess we can hope for all versions to get a patch around the time of the PC release. Compared to other racers how bad is the A.I really? Is it much worse than the first All-Stars Racing or Mario Kart Wii?  Or is it more like F-Zero GX where it's just if you make more than a couple of mistakes you're screwed? 

well you seem to be one of the very few so i guess this game simply isnt for ya perhaps. Personally i always doubt and have a hard time asking or attracing people to play any sonic game. There is no hesitation with this one though since i feel positive, almost sure anyone would like it. In practice this has really been the case. Bought it and played it at a friend who never liked a sonic game. He himself and friends who come over sometimes have purchased the game now too. I also hear a lot of genuine positivity around the gaming scene about this game in general, whereas the 1st game was never mentioned at all.

My point basically is that I think the game succeeded imo. the reasons yer statign have the exact opposite effect on me. I find that the game has an amazing longevity and because of the great amount of content, always attracts me back and automatically into the online mode.

Oh no, I don't dislike the game by any means. It is literally just World Tour mode and occasional dodgy track design that spoiled it for me.

Reading everybody's criticisms about world tour mode, especially traffic attack, does make me a bit worried about this game as excited as I am to play it. I guess we can hope for all versions to get a patch around the time of the PC release. Compared to other racers how bad is the A.I really? Is it much worse than the first All-Stars Racing or Mario Kart Wii?  Or is it more like F-Zero GX where it's just if you make more than a couple of mistakes you're screwed? 

Get the PS3 if you can, I believe it's the less bugsy, considering I've never experimented any bug or glitch the folks here have named. Or the PC version, I believe most of the issues ARE going to be fixed, right Sumo? If you're worried about the World Tour's difficulty... All I can say is: this game really proves if you are good at racing games or just casual. Of course, it's 100% possible to improve on it with time.

Edited by Jango

Hmm. How do you get a perfect drift score? It's 1 of 6 achievements I have left, and I'm not so sure on how to get it. Also, is there a way navigate (well) that S Curve in Chilly Castle? I swear, that's the one thing that keeps messing me up in beating the expert ghost. D:

Way I did it was with Amy in the JSR stage on easy.

Don't worry too much about the time, just so long as you maintain the drift and don't come out of the green area you'll get it.

Id like to know this to as it is literally impossible for me to get past that damn curve in one clean go, it drives me nuts.

You can cheat it a tad. When it comes to the jump... go to the right but do nothing. No tricks... just fall down... then once you land, release the accelerator and then turn, you should navigate the 'problem' area fairly well. Even in time trial, you'll still be able to beat the expert ghost doing this.

Oh no, I don't dislike the game by any means. It is literally just World Tour mode and occasional dodgy track design that spoiled it for me.

It's understandable since usually i would have already 100% a game so far after the release of a sonic game. But then after i'm done I don't really go back often to the game. With this game however I sort of gave up the goal of insisting myself to 100% the game however there's always a reason to startup the game because of it. It's usually me planning to do a few missions, and I end up joining online untill I find myself having played for hours. This all results in making the game an incredibly memorable experience for me, but I think it also ends up keeping the online community active.

You make a good point about mario kart. Because in that game it's not just going through the grand prix's once. It's going through them over and over again while in sonic racing transformed its once or twice depending on how soon you unlock expert mode. Or if you care about the leaderboards even more. world tour mode > repeated grand prix's for me as well. I couldn't think of a better mode tbh though. Racing games usually are like this (need for speed, burnout, midnight club)

PC Gameplay!

It's a time trial run for Adders Lair, the person playing destroys the Expert ghost... from Lap 1! Yup, he didn't save the boost on the second lap. It's definately doable but to do it from a race restart is not easy at all!

I think I broked S&ASRT. MeeMee overtook me (playing as Amy) to get 1st place at the finish line. Game says I came 2nd, but then says I completed the hard mission I was playing and got the A gold medal. It was the Undertaker Overtaker mission.

Hey everyone. i think sonic and all stars racing transformed 3ds. might get a demo next weak. because on the nintendo 3ds eshop. sonic is on the coming soon page. and when a game is on that page it gets a demo next weak.

Not sure if anyone here is that interested but.

There is now a demo for the Vita version of this game on the EU side of the PSN. No idea as to whats on it, but it's there.

I think I broked S&ASRT. MeeMee overtook me (playing as Amy) to get 1st place at the finish line. Game says I came 2nd, but then says I completed the hard mission I was playing and got the A gold medal. It was the Undertaker Overtaker mission.

I believe something similar happened to me twice. I don't remember the missions, but I think they were races. The first time, the game said I got in 1st place, but recorded me as 2nd on the results screen. The second time (different mission), the game said I got in 2nd place, but recorded me as 1st place on the results screen. I think it might have to do if the two racers were really close in regards to time that made it screw up.

Not sure if anyone here is that interested but.

There is now a demo for the Vita version of this game on the EU side of the PSN. No idea as to whats on it, but it's there.

I guess it passed submission then. I've been wondering about that :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

S0L, since you didnt mention this over here yet, I hope you dont' mind if I copy this over from the sega forums!

Me:Hey S0L, I know you can't reveal anything 'specific' to us, but any news coming soon? 2) are things still stirring relating to DLC? anything you can reveal? and thanks for your paitence with us

S0L: Actually... We got approval for a specific character this morning. But that's all I can say right now... :P --- S0L ---

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7796700&viewfull=1#post7796700

and like I said over there, please let it be vectorman, please let it be vectorman!

or to be precise, my response :P

Me: Awesome! please let it be Vectorman, please let it be vectorman(there is a decent chance it could be him, I mean he fits in perfectly!... or it could be ristar, wouldnt mind him to much either

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 2

I bet it's Ryo or Ristar, mostly because they already have their models , and for Ryo beeing the pool winner and Ristar beeing the flagman.

PUTTING ALL MY HOPES UP FOR RYOOOOOOO

Hoo boy let the speculation begin. Glad we know something's coming for sure now. I really want it to be Vectorman or Sketch Turner, but yeah it's probably Ryo or another Sonic character (Blaze would be great, otherwise I'm satisfied with the choices for Sonic).

Actualy, Vectorman has a large chance of viability, and personaly my choice of a sonic character would be Fang/Nack :P , however S0L said that sonic character might be unlikely. Sadly Sketch turner is unlikely :( but why do shemmue fanboys instantly presume Ryo, it could easily be any of the other characters, we will just have to wait and see

So what number of paradoxes would occur if Ristar actually became a playable racer? It'd be pretty weird to see you wave a flag in your own face. :P

My main guess would have to be Ryo, just that whole Shenmue thing from last year, the character pol and the F4F statue. Just gotta be Ryo...

But my wildcard wants are as follows...

Time_gal.jpg

Time Gal because... .. ... Time Gal.

quiz_scramble_special.jpg

The crazy specs guy from Quiz Scramble... because he has a pet Tiger and lots of other animals. This is the power of crazy specs guy.

And Blaze Fielding because... .. .it must be done!

So what number of paradoxes would occur if Ristar actually became a playable racer? It'd be pretty weird to see you wave a flag in your own face. tongue.png

I will buy 50 copies of this if the DLC is S0L dressed as Ristar

• Thumbs Up 2

It'll be someone from the Formula 1, so you can pit Nascar against Formula 1 in a kart racer, just like you always wanted :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I will buy 50 copies of this if the DLC is S0L dressed as Ristar

Affirmative! That would be one of the best things ever haha My bets are Vectorman and Ryo. Vec was scrapped, so the IP holder already gave Sumo the approval in the past. And Ryo is Ryo, I think he's easy to get and since he's the most requested DLC, I believe Sumo talked with the IP holder of Shenmue before any other =P

But will we get an unexpected DLC? Someone who's really requested, but sadly didn't got many votes. You know who I'm talking about or do I have to sketch him? tongue.png

Edited by Jango