Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Aw Hell! I was hoping to play as Metal Sonic in the PC version. Why does he have to be console exclusive TWICE in a row?!

Aw Hell! I was hoping to play as Metal Sonic in the PC version. Why does he have to be console exclusive TWICE in a row?!

He's NOT console exclusive. No idea where you're getting this, he's DLC like on the other systems. It's just not known how he'll be DLC, if he's payed, or some kind of promotion. 

He's NOT console exclusive. No idea where you're getting this, he's DLC like on the other systems. It's just not known how he'll be DLC, if he's payed, or some kind of promotion. 

Did S0L outright said that he's in it?

Yes. 

Well I can confirm it will be available, but we're not sure how. We've created the DLC package and provided it to SEGA, but they control how it's made available. Might be premium content or it might be bundled. We don't know at the moment. But we've been too busy optimising and cleaning weird Alt-Tab bugs to harass them about it. I'll try and find out before the game hits though.

---

S0L

---

We just don't know how he's in yet, whether we have to pay for him, or he's some sort of promotion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks!

They better announce how Metal is gonna be available. The game is coming out is 4 days and we still have no info about that.

Can someone please help me. in sonic and all stars racing transformed. theres a license right. i only use sonic and amy. but on my license it says tails is my favorite. how do i put sonic as my favorite. can someone please help me.

I'm afraid there is no fix. Tails will probably remain your fav character on your license forever. Just like me and "Vyse".

• Thumbs Up 1

But i had sonic as my favorite on my license. i don't know what happened. tails was on my license like 3 days ago. i have had sonic on my license since last year.

Yeah, that favorite character thing is annoying. It shows up as Sonic for me, even though I clearly don't play as Sonic very much; I normally play as Shadow or Metal Sonic.

Me, Spudhead, aka-chaos and another friend of mine tried almost 4 hours straight to get the Laser Ghost sticker, only I succeeded, even though all of them were doing the exactly same way... seems that this sticker actually needs luck, not skills. Also, the Team Sonic and House Party of the Dead, do one player REALLY needs to have 4 controllers? Or there's a way to trick this sticker/trophy?

Also, finally beat all the 168 expert ghosts, take that, Sumo! :P

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe SOL knows. how the favorite character thing works.

I asked him over on sega forums, if he gives a response I will quote it over here

Me, Spudhead, aka-chaos and another friend of mine tried almost 4 hours straight to get the Laser Ghost sticker, only I succeeded, even though all of them were doing the exactly same way... seems that this sticker actually needs luck, not skills. Also, the Team Sonic and House Party of the Dead, do one player REALLY needs to have 4 controllers? Or there's a way to trick this sticker/trophy?   Also, finally beat all the 168 expert ghosts, take that, Sumo! :P
I believe for the House of the Dead you do need 4 controllers. If you have Guitar Hero/Rockband peripherals than you can plug them in and go to a battle race in tour mode to get the achievement. As for the laser sticker I've done the requirements thousands of times and even though the announcer yelled out "sticker unlocked" I didn't get anything, so maybe it is luck-based

The favorite character thing on the license is indeed messed up. Funny really, I've been using only Vyse, Beat, and Nights most of the dag time, but when I use Ralph once in a blue moon, all the sudden my favorite character is him.

Me, Spudhead, aka-chaos and another friend of mine tried almost 4 hours straight to get the Laser Ghost sticker, only I succeeded, even though all of them were doing the exactly same way... seems that this sticker actually needs luck

If you were boosting. Then this is the only thing I can think of as to why it didn't unlock.

Say you go into match-making and make a lobby and then invite the other two people. You then play a battle race. Only you are eligable to get the sticker. Reason being is that you entered a match-making game. The other two were invited players. They can't get the sticker. It's a huge technicality I know since it's still a match making game. But it's the only thing I can think of that would explain why you had problems.

^ Ah, that makes sense. Jango was the one that invited all of us every time so maybe that was it.

Me, Spudhead, aka-chaos and another friend of mine tried almost 4 hours straight to get the Laser Ghost sticker.

It was really four hours we've been trying it? boy time sure does fly by...

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Ah, that makes sense. Jango was the one that invited all of us every time so maybe that was it.

It was really four hours we've been trying it? boy time sure does fly by...

When I started playing, it was 1pm, I left around 6pm. I think we began to try the sticker around 2:30pm on my GMT. In any case, Hogfather may be right. Both aka-chaos and Spud tried to start a matchmaking game, but they always got in one with random people, while I always found empty ones... But we can try another time, again :)

Me and Rabid-Noodles had an online game last night and our buzz was killed by the collision issue AGAIN, not to mention it glitched up the race results, saying i was first and he was second on his screen, but on mine i was 2nd and he was 3rd, as some other person had beaten me. So yeah, it's not entirely accurate or fair, and for these reasons i'm not sure the SSMB Transformed tourney is going to work.

I heard the SEGA forums went ahead and did it and it was a train wreck because of the problems above, so maybe best to hold it off and see if SUMO bother fixing it.

The weirdest thing that happened while I was playing online (actually, that almost ALWAYS happen) was that I made in first, but the announcer says: "Great, second place!", but a few seconds later he corrects himself: "Superb driving, first place!". Maybe, just maybe, the person in second actually got the points of someone who was in first, because so many times I won a race and got +2 points, and the guy in second got +20 or even +50... Seriously, I don't know how the score system works online.

Edited by Jango

I won a race and got +2 points, and the guy in second got +20 or even

+50... Seriously, I don't know how the score system works online.

I think I know the answer.

Basically the higher your score is, the less points you receive. It is really stupid in this game though since it seems like you immediately enter low gain high loss just after a long session. It's not like Mario Kart where you can rack up 5000 points before you start to gain little.

Yeah, I think. But the worst part is, when I actually lose a race, I lost like, a hundred points... this is really unfair.

Edited by Jango

Yeah, I think. But the worst part is, when I actually lose a race, I lost like, a hundred points... this is really unfair.

IIRC HogFather was complaining about it when the game first came out. It really is a terrible system.

The point system in the game is indeed stupid.

Really, I think you should gain or lose points based on what place you come in. since their are 10 total racers, places 1 through 5 you should ALWAYS gain points, while getting in a lower place will lose you points, 10th place being the most points lost.

It's not like you can gain alot of points anyway due to that glitch that will deplete all your points if you exceed over 2150 points.