Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

According to people on the Steam forums. A new character has literally just been added. He's from Total War 2.

Edit: Confirmed!

• Thumbs Up 1

His name's Willemus. He's got a goofy voice and he's constantly brandishing a sword in one hand. His All-Star surrounds himself with Roman shields, and when you press the A button swords come out from 4 sides and hit stuff.

He's neat, but not nearly as funny as General Winter. Pics coming soon. 

And shits continue to not be given

Come on SOL give us some worthwhile DLC............

It is a free character what the fuck is wrong with you lot?

• Thumbs Up 4

It's free?

Well then I suppose it's not worth complaining about then. If it's free then what do I have to lose?

Still stupid though.

Edited by Chaos Warp

He's kinda fun to play as, actually. He might look a little bit like a woman with a beard in the picture, but oh well.

I like his vehicle designs though, they're cool.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

This!

They don't have to make these characters for you and they're even giving them to you for free!

sad_kitten.jpg

Why. Aren't. Consoles. Getting. Anything? sad.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Here they are. Spoilered for size.

QV2Cv6C.jpg

OQmxgYj.jpg

PVLYcR8.jpg

em4kKZY.jpg

The All-Star is my favorite part, once again.

AOL discs were still free in the early years of cable modems.

Doesn't mean it wasn't shit.

No one asked for this and, now you're seeing the result.

I don't think its the character itself (the fact that its free makes it all the nicer), but moreso that there was a character contest that happened months ago for a game that's been out for about 10 months now, and all that's delivered is content from games that not many (if any at all) diehard Sega fans care about.

• Thumbs Up 3

Are you serious?

You are complaining about a free character who... who up until 2 min ago, had no idea what it didn't even looked like, and I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar you have no idea what it looks like or plays like either.

You are moaning about the fact it's been included... On the name of the character/franchise alone...

And you don't see a problem with this?

I don't think its the character itself (the fact that its free makes it all the nicer), but moreso that there was a character contest that happened months ago for a game that's been out for about 10 months now, and all that's delivered is content from games that not many (if any at all) diehard Sega fans care about.

...We have screenshots and it's a racing game. I don't think it's hard to figure out.

Again, did anyone actually ask for a Total War character? And even if they did, how huge of a minority are they compared to other suggestions?

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish console owners could get more stuff too, my laptop isn't powerful enough to run the game.

And, even if it's a character not many SEGA fans know or care about, I hope it helps expand the game's popularity in some way. I still hope they get to work on something a lot of SEGA fans would like too.

Edited by SuperLink

Exactly. No one asked for it. They did it anyway. It's not like they gave you something but made you eat a whole field of shit to get it... It's a fucking character you get for nothing. There's no problem with them being nice...

...We have screenshots and it's a racing game. I don't think it's hard to figure out.

I give up on this forum...

Yeah, from pictures of the character in the title screen, you know exactly what it plays like...

Guys, it's not meant to be a character that everyone wants, so to speak, it's a character to make people aware of SEGA's other IPs, and it just so happens that their PC presence is currently the strongest at the moment. Hence why we got this guy from Total War 2, and General Winter who's a personification from Company of Heroes 2, and the random manager representing Football Manager.

>Boring looking character that I'm incapable of establishing an emotional investment
>Exclusive to a version I neither have nor plan on buying
>Console versions still dead

Still not seeing a reason to care
  • Thumbs Up 2

*sigh* Godammit why can't I get any of this? Must the PS3 be left out? This looks fucking awesome, and yet I'm denied it!

Edited by Balding Spider

Updating the console versions would be more difficult, cost more money to release the patch (on Steam it's free), and ultimately wouldn't be worth it if the character exists solely to promote a PC-centric brand.

Of course I'd love to see bigger and better SEGA characters get a release on all platforms, but Willemus and General Winter aren't some substitute for that. They weren't released in place of Bayonetta or Ryo or whoever you were looking forward to-- they exist for their own individual reasons.

• Thumbs Up 3