Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I give up on this forum...

Yeah, from pictures of the character in the title screen, you know exactly what it plays like...

It plays like a racer in a racing game? :v 

I'm sorry, I don't see that much of a difference from one racer to another, besides some positives and negatives in stats compared to other characters. But then again, isn't that alterable with powerups in this game anyways? I haven't really got to play this game but I played ASR1 and know that at least in that game the reason you picked a character was mostly over preference.

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky

What does being free have anything to do with it? 

If someone sent me a bag of splooge in the mail, I wouldn't say "at least it's free", I'd question why the hell there's a bag of splooge in my mailbox.

If it's entirely optional and doesn't have to be downloaded and waste HDD space, then I'm fine with it. But it looks like it's just an update.

Guys, it's not meant to be a character that everyone wants, so to speak, it's a character to make people aware of SEGA's other IPs, and it just so happens that their PC presence is currently the strongest at the moment. Hence why we got this guy from Total War 2, and General Winter who's a personification from Company of Heroes 2, and the random manager representing Football Manager.

If they advertised anything in the first place that wouldn't even be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Total War is a pretty popular franchise, even if it doesn't get much love here. With a new game coming out, I can totally see why they'd want to give it as much of a push as possible. No harm, no foul, I guess.

...it's still kind of lame, though, I'm not gonna lie. There are plenty of characters I'd have rather seen time and effort go towards than this guy. Characters I probably would've been cool with paying for.

(also Total War already has a rep in the game, and it's really not the kind of franchise that needs more than one)

• Thumbs Up 4

Hahaha. Just look at all those iconic Sega characters.

I freaking love generic roman or whatever soldier, soviet or whatever dude and headless football manager!

This kind of franchises are famous for the game itself not the "characters", a stage would be a million times better to represent Total War or something.

Not to mention that the target demographic for kart games usually are into cartoony characters from platformers, not generic people from strategic war games.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's nice to know they are continuing to add characters to the game, but unfortunately console gamers get nothing while PC gamers have 5 exclusive characters now.

Unfortunately there's little we can do about what SEGA has comissioned Sumo to do. Even if it makes no sense, SEGA's the boss. All we can do is hope it works out favourably for them so we can get more support for people who want to see more of SEGA's iconic-side represented.

If they advertised anything in the first place that wouldn't even be a problem.

Actually, these franchises are the lucky ones in the fact that they DO get advertised. SEGA's just including them here to advertise to an audience who wouldn't usually know about them.

Well that came out of nowhere. I must say, this is the silliest roster I've ever seen and I'm totally okay with that.

I'm also liking how this is almost becoming Sega's TF2 in terms of promotions.

First Tim visited Summer of Sonic 2013 for the day, And now Total War: Rome II been added to the game? Blast processing!

Edited by kimplix

I saw SumoSpartan post and I sprinted over here to see the exciting new news for the game.

I'm pretty sure you hid something in there. I won't be let down. ph34r.png

Edit: OOOH. Hoggy said a new character was added today. Hmm

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay that's just stupid. Really!? This is why they censored the game? That's just... ridiculous. XD

Apparently people thought General Winter was promoting communism so they removed the sickle/hammer and modified the character.

Suggestion: We scrap all forum registrations... and replace them with IQ tests.

Wait... does this mean then, that if I can find something in the game that represents a certain value or ideology, and get enough people to complain about it, I can get it removed from the game?

Edit: Aparently the reason might be more to do with censoship/ratings boards in other countries, some people are saying that when Winters was added, the game got banned from some countries... I have no way to confirm this one, but it sounds more likely than idiot with a keyboard.

Apparently the reason might be more to do with censorship/ratings boards in other countries, some people are saying that when Winters was added, the game got banned from some countries... I have no way to confirm this one, but it sounds more likely than idiot with a keyboard.

NO COMMUNISM IN MA COUNTRY

NO COMMUNISM IN MA COUNTRY

Aparently one of the countries in question is Russia.

No idea if anyone can shed any light on that. Though it does make you wonder, who would Sega most likely listen to in this one? Random idiot on their own forums? Or the ratings board that can block sales?

I would say it's more likely the ratings board... but then... I remember the reason why Little Big Planet got delayed.

Ugh.....This game is too......Western.

Yeesh, what bland characters the PC version has, I rather they NOT get put on consoles. My only advice for SUMO, play Project X Zone and get to know some REAL Sega Characters.

I don't care if these characters are for advertisement of some new game, they are way too stale.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Yeesh, what bland characters the PC version has, I rather they NOT get put on consoles. My only advice for SUMO, play Project X Zone and get to know some REAL Sega Characters.

Do you honestly believe that Sumo Digital gets the final say as to what characters they can or cannot include in this game?

• Thumbs Up 4

Do you honestly believe that Sumo Digital gets the final say as to what characters they can or cannot include in this game?

Of course not, but shoot, I don';t think their even trying anymore, unless their saving the good ones for later in the year or certain characters are still in pending. 

I just wished this game was made by SEGA of Japan as the chances for a lot of folks most wanted characters getting in would of been greater, however that too would require some licensing crap just to get them to the west.

These Crossover games are always a pain in the ass to go through for certain characters. That I know PLENTY about.

However I will give them some props for Vyse, Gilius, and Joe Musashi as well as the Panzer Dragoon and Burning Rangers Stages getting in.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I just wished this game was made by SEGA of Japan as the chances for a lot of folks most wanted characters getting in would of been greater,

That wouldn't change a thing.

It has been mentioned already that it is no single body at Sega owns/controls these IP's they are all owned by seperate individuals who have their own demands and controls over them.

P.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZE3myOHNE

I just can't seem to care about any ASRT news anymore because all of it is fucking PC exclusive. A system a dont plan on owning anytime soon. I understand why they are doing it, but does that mean I can't show disappointment or just not care about this even if its free?

• Thumbs Up 4

PC exclusive. A system a dont plan on owning anytime soon.

Then... what are you typing this post on? huh.png

Literally can the witty ass post, he clearly meant the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then... what are you typing this post on? :huh:
There are other ways aside from PC to get online you know. Mac, IPod,IPhone,Gaming consoles,etc. but this is very off topic.

Now you know better that he was talking about the game in particular.

• Thumbs Up 1