Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Yeah, it's gotta be fake. ToeJam and Latisha are there, too, as is vt_henman. Somehow I doubt SEGA would put Tim Henman in a driving game. 

The most evidence it's fake? Princess Elise. Considering they are canning all copies of 06 I doubt they would then go and advertise her here

When you consider how little Sega have old Sonic characters appear, nevermind the baffling selection, I'd say this is more fictional than a school book in Harry Potter. Also, I'm sure Sumo have to make some agreement too.

Guys stop giving this bloke attention.

It's fake.

ToeJam and Earl being in the list is an instant red flag due to the fact the guy who owns it aparently wants over $500,000 for the rights to put them in ANY game.

Oh, that part isn't changed, if you have the PC version you can search for it in gamedata.m00.

Probably the most likely tip off that those characters are not gonna happen is that Sumo are not really in charge of who gets into the game as DLC, they're the workhorse of the SEGA execs in charge.

It gave me a laugh, though.

Edited by IceBlade

BREAKING NEWS!

Sonic & All Stars-Racing Transformed has just won an award! And it's not one of those random awards either, it's a real decent recognised award!

TIGA awards which is the conference and games industry awards or something. Has awarded ASRT the best Arcade Game of 2013!

http://m.edge-online.com/news/tiga-games-industry-awards-2013-the-winners/

awesome, perhaps they will release the console dlc to celebrate!

Okay, I must ask.

Assuming this is even legit in the first place... why the heck would they make Princess Elise, one of the main faces of the most universally panned Sonic game ever made, a playable character? What benefit would it even serve them to make it a thing? Even they at Sega wouldn't be stupid enough to actually do this and risk poisoning any goodwill this game had made, right?

So Princess Else might be a playble DLC racer, when there is so many fan requested characters and everyone hates 06......Sega are the masters of tolling I'll tell you that laugh.png!

Maku and Ryo are the most likey DLC characters, if DLC does in fact come out, as they both on the polls and would be great advertisement for Segas games; Maku for the Vita localization of her Project Diva game and Ryo for both fan service and possible advertisement of a Shenume HD Collection (with the ammount of love those games get and the requests for those to get a sequel, Sega would be stupid not to make a HD collection of the first two games).

I'm assuming this is the same case as it was with the Rome guy, where he was labelled as 'summer' in the files when General Winter was added, before being 'replaced' when he was actually added a while later.

Also a high chance they're doing this purely to fuck with us and generate reverse/polarising hype as the build-up, since we're being such nosy little shits.

If those are the file names, they could've just named them as such to mess with our heads. It's obvious they are not who are supposed to be added.

What this would indicate though is that we are in for more than one character.

Oh god

It's a joke, surely, but now I kinda want it to be true

it'd be hilarious

EDIT: it's not likely elise, btw, just sumo mislabelling files for fun

Edited by Albator
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. It's all 100% real
  2. Calm down, it's blatantly a joke and something to throw us off.

All that said, I'd be totally open to Elise in the same way I'm happy to see WFT in Brawl. Joke characters and all that :P

• Thumbs Up 1

They're just trolling on that, it says Tails Doll, Greendog, Charmy Bee as well in the file.

Full list of troll names they left:

• Princess Elise
  • Charmy Bee
  • Oshram Dog (some meme S0L made)
  • Tails Doll
  • Latisha (Toejam & Earl)
  • Greendog
  • Tim Henman (Virtual Tennis)

Pretty much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, actualy I could see Elise reffering to Miku due to a decent amount of responses to her negitively and she is somewhat out of place, Osmradog could be reffering to Nack, Tailsdoll could be a Ryo refference, but hey this is all just speculaaction, oh and Greendog could be Vectorman, but who knows

I do hope we are getting DLC though

The dude who owns ToeJam and Earl charges extortionate fees for their license, this has been quite well documented at GAF one or two times, which is why you've never seen them in a new game or outside anything other than the original re-release on various things.

Does anyone here seriously believe that Sega would pay... what... it's something like $50,000-$150,000 last time I looked for a DLC character?

No, which it's why it's been mentioned repeatedly it's a joke.

EDIT in case it needs to be clearer: A joke from Sumo. Hell, as far as I know these files may even have been around for longer and be unrelated to this, or they took the chance they're changing things to add a bunch of inside jokes. But it's a joke nonetheless.

The only question now is if it's just random garbage, or actual files of new character but with joke names.

Edited by Albator

Hmm... Well, if the files can be believed, then I'd possibly wager there are 7 DLC characters to come...? Not THOSE characters, of course, but the update means the slots for new ones are there... Right?

No, which it's why it's been mentioned repeatedly it's a joke.

EDIT in case it needs to be clearer: A joke from Sumo. Hell, as far as I know these files may even have been around for longer and be unrelated to this, or they took the chance they're changing things to add a bunch of inside jokes. But it's a joke nonetheless.

The only question now is if it's just random garbage, or actual files of new character but with joke names.

Hmm... Well, if the files can be believed, then I'd possibly wager there are 7 DLC characters to come...? Not THOSE characters, of course, but the update means the slots for new ones are there... Right?

Well, if they are filenames, the names themselves, do have a relevancy to the characters, but arent directly related. I would say the obvious giveaway to the possible coding mechanism would be Osmradog, which indicates first off that the names are not the characters, but related to them in someway, Osmradog is a reference to the sonic poll, which points to Nack

They're just trolling on that, it says Tails Doll, Greendog, Charmy Bee as well in the file.

Full list of troll names they left:

• Princess Elise- would say possibly Miku, because many sega fans have a similar reaction to her, as they did Elise, outta place, and doesnt entirely belong 
  • Charmy Bee- Massive chatter, perhaps related to chatty fanbase, perhaps Ryo
  • Oshram Dog (some meme S0L made)- Sonic poll, which Nack was the winner of
  • Tails Doll- hmmm not sure on this one, could be in reference to a single appearance, or being a meme, I dont know
  • Latisha (Toejam & Earl)-honestly this one kinda points to miku as well, though could be someone else, not sure
  • Greendog- isnt this one obvious, Vectorman, who is green and an old friend
  • Tim Henman (Virtual Tennis) lets see, a human character related to sega but from the real world, I would say  Segata is most likely

Now provided that none of these are duplicates, and that they arent a red herring in the first place, we could be in for a rather cool DLC, otherwise I am not sure

... Well, if you were a member of Sumo digital, browsing this forum, where do you think you'd look at?