Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

... Well, if you were a member of Sumo digital, browsing this forum, where do you think you'd look at?

I checked the accounts of all the sumo staff on the forum that I know of last night. The last time any of them visited was months ago.

I spy a Sumo Digital staff member reading this page...

It's happening!

... Well, if you were a member of Sumo digital, browsing this forum, where do you think you'd look at?

I checked the accounts of all the sumo staff on the forum that I know of last night. The last time any of them visited was months ago.

Hogfather has a major point, something is about to happen!

Well, if they are filenames, the names themselves, do have a relevancy to the characters, but arent directly related. I would say the obvious giveaway to the possible coding mechanism would be Osmradog, which indicates first off that the names are not the characters, but related to them in someway, Osmradog is a reference to the sonic poll, which points to Nack

They're just trolling on that, it says Tails Doll, Greendog, Charmy Bee as well in the file.

Full list of troll names they left:

• Princess Elise- would say possibly Miku, because many sega fans have a similar reaction to her, as they did Elise, outta place, and doesnt entirely belong 
  • Charmy Bee- Massive chatter, perhaps related to chatty fanbase, perhaps Ryo
  • Oshram Dog (some meme S0L made)- Sonic poll, which Nack was the winner of
  • Tails Doll- hmmm not sure on this one, could be in reference to a single appearance, or being a meme, I dont know
  • Latisha (Toejam & Earl)-honestly this one kinda points to miku as well, though could be someone else, not sure
  • Greendog- isnt this one obvious, Vectorman, who is green and an old friend
  • Tim Henman (Virtual Tennis) lets see, a human character related to sega but from the real world, I would say  Segata is most likely

Now provided that none of these are duplicates, and that they arent a red herring in the first place, we could be in for a rather cool DLC, otherwise I am not sure

also I guess Tails doll could be a.... I still dont know not reall anythoughts on this?

Couldn't it be a sticker package for your license? Elise, Tails Doll, etc?

They said sticker integration is extremely difficult and that new ones were unlikely

New stickers are about as likely as new tracks

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

God I hope Nack comes back with a new design since he hasn't had one since the "modern" changeover. Perfect type of game to reintroduce him in without messing with the main game series. I can only hope that's why he hasn't shown up in Archie's current Universe arc with the other two members of his "team".

Kinda bummed about Ristar possibly not being able to race tho, loved that game since I was young, wished they would do another. Getting a lot of these older unused characters in games like this is brilliant for me having grown up when these "old" games were new.

• Thumbs Up 1

New stickers are actually a possibility, as a glitch in the game a long time ago revealed unused ones, including a Vectorman sticker:

And yet, I fear the console version will be left out once again, anyway, whatever may be upcoming for the game.

If not, then I think it's only going to be a "Character + Stickers Pack" of sorts (like Metal Sonic). If not, maybe they we're probably canned.

So here's my guess on these hints:

* Princess Elise - (To this case, i'm not too sure on what to say in this hint, but it could likely be about with Miku)

* Charmy Bee - (It could be Ryo, hence he was a rather chatty demand by the fans wanting another return upon it)

* Oshram Dog - (This could represent Nack in some ways, because i've remember this being in the forums when doing the Poll, and the cause of it could mean the character might appear)

* Tails Doll - (He's a character that although is obscure in a video game in a single "Playable" appearance, he's still is known by some people when it comes being mentioned.. Ristar is kinda familiar in that fashion to this cause as he's obscure, but can be known by some people.. minus being scary) [Though, i kinda doubt this case considering that he's been deconfirmed from by SUMO for reasons on this game and Ristar being a flagman is enough, so it could be a certain character that we don't know...]

* Latisha - (same as I said with the whole Princess Elise, though Toejam and Earl is a second option)

* Greendog - (It's obvious to say that it could be Vectorman, hence he's a character that's green, and "dog" could be an old school term back then)

* Tim Henman - (a rather realistic character, but also being related to SEGA.. could hint out that it's Seagta Sanshiro)

So overall, it's nearly about "6 or 5" characters that are represented from the Poll, while 1 or 2 could be something else. But again, it's not the good time to say it's true.. considering the game doesn't hold too many (and SEGA greenlit only one of the characters in the poll). But if there more than we though, this could be a little secret of sorts. But I'll wait and see to know if it is.

Edited by Sparkster24

Well, if they are filenames, the names themselves, do have a relevancy to the characters, but arent directly related. I would say the obvious giveaway to the possible coding mechanism would be Osmradog, which indicates first off that the names are not the characters, but related to them in someway, Osmradog is a reference to the sonic poll, which points to Nack

They're just trolling on that, it says Tails Doll, Greendog, Charmy Bee as well in the file.

• Princess Elise- would say possibly Miku, because many sega fans have a similar reaction to her, as they did Elise, outta place, and doesnt entirely belong 
  • Tails Doll- hmmm not sure on this one, could be in reference to a single appearance, or being a meme, I dont know
  • Latisha (Toejam & Earl)-honestly this one kinda points to miku as well, though could be someone else, not sure
  • Tim Henman (Virtual Tennis) lets see, a human character related to sega but from the real world, I would say  Segata is most likely

Now provided that none of these are duplicates, and that they arent a red herring in the first place, we could be in for a rather cool DLC, otherwise I am not sure

If not, then I think it's only going to be a "Character + Stickers Pack" of sorts (like Metal Sonic). If not, maybe they we're probably canned.

So here's my guess on these hints:

* Princess Elise - (To this case, i'm not too sure on what to say in this hint, but it could likely be about with Miku)

* Charmy Bee - (It could be Ryo, hence he was a rather chatty demand by the fans wanting another return upon it)

* Oshram Dog - (This could represent Nack in some ways, because i've remember this being in the forums when doing the Poll, and the cause of it could mean the character might appear)

* Tails Doll - (He's a character that although is obscure in a video game in a single "Playable" appearance, he's still is known by some people when it comes being mentioned.. Ristar is kinda familiar in that fashion to this cause as he's obscure, but can be known by some people.. minus being scary) [Though, i kinda doubt this case considering that he's been deconfirmed from by SUMO for reasons on this game and Ristar being a flagman is enough, so it could be a certain character that we don't know...]

* Latisha - (same as I said with the whole Princess Elise, though Toejam and Earl is a second option)

* Greendog - (It's obvious to say that it could be Vectorman, hence he's a character that's green, and "dog" could be an old school term back then)

* Tim Henman - (a rather realistic character, but also being related to SEGA.. could hint out that it's Seagta Sanshiro)

So overall, it's nearly about "6 or 5" characters that are represented from the Poll, while 1 or 2 could be something else. But again, it's not the good time to say it's true.. considering the game doesn't hold too many (and SEGA greenlit only one of the characters in the poll). But if there more than we though, this could be a little secret of sorts. But I'll wait and see to know if it is.

dude I pointed this out already, about 7 posts ago on this very page

Mmm....maybe Sega and Sumo Digital are making a next-gen port of All Stars Racing Transformed? It would make since with all this talk of DLC characters; why simply release them as cheap DLC when you could make them into a excuse to get a kart racer out on next gen platforms. That would be a great package; 60 FPS, 3 more tracks, and 8 new racers (some PC exclusives + characters requested from the poll) and its not like that isn't happening already, Injustice Gods Among Us GOTY is coming to the PS4 with all its DLC and some bells and wisles.

Still, I do get the impression they are trolling us; Princess Elese, Tails Doll? Common Sumo :)

This must also be big too, with Hogfather pointing out that Sumo Staff are lurking around here after months of there absence.

I just had something pointed out to me, Greendog was a game by Sega Technical institute, and while the that game isnt well known, know what STI made? COMIX ZONE, so greendog could be reffering to sketch turner, and Tails Doll could be a Vectorman ref

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I just had something pointed out to me, Greendog was a game by Sega Technical institute, and while the that game isnt well known, know what STI made? COMIX ZONE, so greendog could be reffering to sketch turner, and Tails Doll could be a Vectorman ref

Really, we might see Sketch Tuner with the other DLC characters! Nice find Manobardanjusik :) Never know that they made other games, only games I remember them making were Comix Zone and i think the Oze.

Really, we might see Sketch Tuner with the other DLC characters! Nice find Manobardanjusik smile.png Never know that they made other games, only games I remember them making were Comix Zone and i think the Oze.

They also did Kid Chameleon and Die Hard Arcade

dude I pointed this out already, about 7 posts ago on this very page

I did see it, it's just I kinda thought I would like to give it a try. I do apologize. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Tails Doll was just Tails Doll to be honest. He is pretty popular as a Sonic meme and most fans know of his infamy. But if Nack does get in (still doubtful even tho it makes perfect sense with his air bike and all) I wouldn't think they would do two Sonic characters.

The links that have been made with other characters from the listed data files are interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if a few were right. Any designers work on Sonic R or that created Tails Doll that worked on anything else. I dunno if you could link Tails Doll to Vectorman that's a rather random stretch. More so than the others anyway.

To me, i can see Ristar being in the sense with Tails Doll, because they both have made 1 "Playable" Appearance. But they are known by some fans out there (though not meme like, but kinda to the point where some could know by), sure Ristar made Cameos, but not really much of a big role.

I think it would be surprised as well if there was actually an update version of Transformed (similar to like how Punch Time Explosion XL). It could make a reason on why with that many would be there instead as being DLC.

Edited by Sparkster24

Still can't believe Silver got that high...especially above some of the others listed. Glad he didn't win or it would have been a further boost for a character that doesn't need any extra spotlight. >.<

I think it would be surprised as well if there was actually an update version of Transformed (similar to like how Punch Time Explosion XL). It could make a reason on why with that many would be there instead as being DLC.

If we can't get the DLC on consoles then I would be happy with a next-gen updated version. With fixed collision physics happy.png

So slight poking here, but I think that Elise may actually represent Bayonetta (female realisticy character, Sonic (or Eggman) was directly referenced in her game, and the halos highly resembled Sonic's rings. Also them legs, and she kinda did make it over the 10,000 signer stretch or whatever it was

Latisha would better represent Miku considering the girl bit, along with her being blue and the fact that she hails from a music themed planet.

So slight poking here, but I think that Elise may actually represent Bayonetta (female realisticy character, Sonic (or Eggman) was directly referenced in her game, and the halos highly resembled Sonic's rings. Also them legs, and she kinda did make it over the 10,000 signer stretch or whatever it was

Latisha would better represent Miku considering the girl bit, along with her being blue and the fact that she hails from a music themed planet.

ok makes sense, you sound better connected to it than I do and it makes sense, though like I said earlier, the whole greendog thing is a reference to Sega Technical Ref, which mean Sketch turner(or Kid Chameleon).

Also Tails doll I say could be vectorman, because they are both robots of sorts, and they both technicly had 2 appearances

I'd laugh if Tails Doll was representing Psycho Fox. Like how we had a Japanese only character in the Zombie pair in the original.

he was in the US and EU as well http://www.segaretro.org/Psycho_Fox hmmm it would be another genesis/megadrive rep, that would be cool