Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The first game had The Bonanza Bros, Opa-Opa etc. So I'd say they probably don't care as long as it makes them money.

No seriously, they rejected it. 

No seriously, they rejected it.

Did they ever provide a reason as to why they wholesale rejected him?

Did they ever provide a reason as to why they wholesale rejected him?

One wasn't given in the walkthrough. We could just mug Kevin for an answer if he ever comes on here again, but that's not very polite now, is it. 

Oh God, I feel bad I didn't saw this discussion earlier, that's the funniest thing ever xD Elise, Charmy? Sumo really did their homework, Elise is the top hated character of the franchise, while Charmy is the top annoying. Tails Doll, I don't even have to say anything xD They know what's in haha

But seriously, I hope it's not just a joke and nothing else, I mean? They updated the game code, right? Sothere's got to be new stuff coming. I really hope for a SUPER HYPER TURBO HD REMIX 2 ARCADE version, with the PC exclusives (except TF, for obvious reasons), plus more characters (the poll winners) and maybe a new track. That would be the best christmas gift ever :D

For info:

ASRT's 1st anniversary is Saturday November 16th (We should hold a tourny to celebrate!)

Sega usually doesn't announce stuff on weekends. So... Thursday 14th or Thursday 21st would be my bets for potential announcement.

Oh God, I feel bad I didn't saw this discussion earlier, that's the funniest thing ever xD Elise, Charmy? Sumo really did their homework, Elise is the top hated character of the franchise, while Charmy is the top annoying. Tails Doll, I don't even have to say anything xD They know what's in haha

But seriously, I hope it's not just a joke and nothing else, I mean? They updated the game code, right? Sothere's got to be new stuff coming. I really hope for a SUPER HYPER TURBO HD REMIX 2 ARCADE version, with the PC exclusives (except TF, for obvious reasons), plus more characters (the poll winners) and maybe a new track. That would be the best christmas gift ever biggrin.png

It can't be a joke, on Steam's website it lists an upcoming DLC pack.

And I really hope they'll add the 4 SEGA owned PC exclusives too. If they're updating these console versions with DLC then keeping those characters on the PC is a huge wasted opportunity.

For info:

ASRT's 1st anniversary is Saturday November 16th (We should hold a tourny to celebrate!)

Sega usually doesn't announce stuff on weekends. So... Thursday 14th or Thursday 21st would be my bets for potential announcement.

Yeah that makes the most sense.
Edited by BanjoConkers

For info:

I second this, and this would be awesome!

Admittedly it would be a rather clever time to release it, as both a reminder, and a gift for loyal players. and also to show all our efforts do mean something, and that they do remember other classic character

Seems I need to dust off my old tourney topic and announce a race on the anniversary night.

And actually get around to doing the tourney this time lel.

I second this, and this would be awesome!

Admittedly it would be a rather clever time to release it, as both a reminder, and a gift for loyal players. and also to show all our efforts do mean something, and that they do remember other classic character

I wonder when it'd be released if it's announced next week... Maybe around Chrimbo.

Oh man, I want to get excited, but after 3 PC exclusive DLCs in a row... I don't want any more dissapointment sad.png

I'm pretty sure even Sumo/SEGA know that adding popular characters as DLC on only the PC isn't going to gain them any fans. Plus there was a fair bit of uproar over the PC exclusives.

To be honest if we are getting new racers, making them PC only again if said characters are of console origin would be a giant fuck you from both SEGA and Sumo, especially if Miku comes to fruition.

I doubt Miku is going to be one of them anyway, it'd be Sony exclusive only if anything since none of Miku's games have landed on Nintendo or Microsoft home consoles.

Sigh, can I just believe, because Miku would be an awesome racer... 

To be honest if we are getting new racers, making them PC only again if said characters are of console origin would be a giant fuck you from both SEGA and Sumo, especially if Miku comes to fruition.

I doubt Miku is going to be one of them anyway, it'd be Sony exclusive only if anything since none of Miku's games have landed on Nintendo or Microsoft home consoles.

Well, if we thinking like that... NiGHTS was never in a Sony console untill All-Stars, but it was already on Nintendo. But then again, NiGHTS wasn't exclusive to anyone (except SEGA, but lol Dreamcast).

Edited by Jango

Whilst it's my idea, I doubt I can participate this time, really busy with work right now, and next week I'm helping out at a game convention for 2 days so... yeah... life can be hard fo me =p

I still think it would have been awesome to have a Sonic Drift or Sonic R track, complete with the blocky or pixel graphics. And cheesy happy music. People do seem to eat up the retro these days. Would have been a nice nod.

If he's not gunna be in the game a Sonic Drift track would be a great place to at least cameo Nack too :D

Edited by Tenko

I would be actually surprised if S0L actually found a way on fitting Ristar. I kinda think an ATV (similar to Knuckle's) could work.. especially the size of it.

Anyways, I think we're only getting one of the seven characters into the game. Nack is an exception because he was only in terms of a "Sonic" Poll for the sake of testing it. Greendog & Tim Henman could become a reality (Keep in mind that we never would expect characters like ChuChus, or even the Bonanza Bros to be playables before), I don't think Bayonetta would make an appearance, and could be someone else.

But then again, I could be wrong and just making a thought from this. Maybe there could be a big update on some changes to it.

Honestly, at this point aside from Miku Hatsune (that i still dredd) and probably 1 or 2 famous Sonic characters like Silver or Blaze, the only DLC characters that have some potential are veterans like Billy Hatcher or Ryo Hazuki.

Granted, i would like something creative like a W40K Space Marine couple riding a Predator for earth, a Rhino for water and a Land Speeder for air, but at this point it's an utopistic idea.

If those are hints then it seems like Miku is a possibility... And the code was found on Steam. So that wouldn't be PS3 exclusive if that was the case. I don't see why she wouldn't be available on all platforms on this instance, she isn't owned by Sony.

Well, if we thinking like that... NiGHTS was never in a Sony console untill All-Stars but it was already on Nintendo.

Untrue. The SEGA Superstars series (original and tennis) were on Sony consoles before All-Stars came about, the former being exclusive to PS2 and predating Journey of Dreams by over 3 years. The Japan-exclusive PS2 port of the original came out just after JoD was released, as well. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Untrue. The SEGA Superstars series (original and tennis) were on Sony consoles before All-Stars came about, the former being exclusive to PS2 and predating Journey of Dreams by over 3 years. The Japan-exclusive PS2 port of the original came out just after JoD was released, as well. 

Just change the text to Xbawx then. :D

Nobody thought Kingdom Hearts could have been on a Microsoft console, yet KH III is coming on Xbox One.

Console-exclusive series are becoming more and more rare this days, so who knows?

Also, Valkyria Chronicles characters on Project X Zone wich is on 3DS :v

KH3 is coming to XONE? I had no idea, that is surprising though...

Hmm maybe then, I just want Miku lol.

Nobody thought Kingdom Hearts could have been on a Microsoft console, yet KH III is coming on Xbox One.

Console-exclusive series are becoming more and more rare this days, so who knows?

Also, Valkyria Chronicles characters on Project X Zone wich is on 3DS :v

Thats actually a good point. Okay I am keeping my faith up then.

I'm keeping an eagle eye for a release date for the iOS version. I know it's December it comes out.....it's just when that's the question.