Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I think we are all happy and hoping for this dlc, guess we just have to wait and see for thursday to find out

To be honest if we are getting new racers, making them PC only again if said characters are of console origin would be a giant fuck you from both SEGA and Sumo, especially if Miku comes to fruition.

I doubt Miku is going to be one of them anyway, it'd be Sony exclusive only if anything since none of Miku's games have landed on Nintendo or Microsoft home consoles.

Sigh, can I just believe, because Miku would be an awesome racer... 

Except there's the Project Mirai series for the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku_and_Future_Stars:_Project_Mirai

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Hatsune_Miku_Project_mirai_2

Yes they said that tracks are not likely, which should be the main reason to think we won't be getting them. But what I find funny is people saying they take months to make so there's no way we would get them. Umm..hasn't it been almost a year since release? That's 12 months. Plenty to make a track or two.

As cool as a character pack would be, I don't think it would be enough to get that many people beyond the fans back playing again. Joe Public probably wouldn't give a fig unless they added more tracks to use said new characters on. So despite the odds I'm kinda thinking this will be more than just a few characters. Character and track pack DLC, or perhaps a GOTY type version.

I'll probably be wrong tho, that's why I'm not the betting type :P

Yes they said that tracks are not likely, which should be the main reason to think we won't be getting them. But what I find funny is people saying they take months to make so there's no way we would get them. Umm..hasn't it been almost a year since release? That's 12 months. Plenty to make a track or two.

As cool as a character pack would be, I don't think it would be enough to get that many people beyond the fans back playing again. Joe Public probably wouldn't give a fig unless they added more tracks to use said new characters on. So despite the odds I'm kinda thinking this will be more than just a few characters. Character and track pack DLC, or perhaps a GOTY type version.

I'll probably be wrong tho, that's why I'm not the betting type tongue.png

Thats true, and Sumo did let us in on some scraped tracks that didn't make it in (I believe a Space Channele 5 and Pantasy Star Online one?) and there are resources they could pull from other Sega games to make some more (Lost World and Generations assets to make some new Sonic tracks for example), so them making new courses isn't the most unlikely idea. I would love for a GOTY edition to be made; one of the best kart racers of the generation deserves another year to shine, and what better year then when the next generation begins?

I said this before a few times, but I really think there making a next gen version for the PS4 and X1; lack of a kart racer for their launches plus tons of content to add in (even if its just the PC exclusive racers coming to consoles) and an excues to fund more characters/tracks equals the best version of 2012's best racing game smile.png.

I do wonder though if there making this extra content avaliable to current gen systems, Vita and Wii U; it cant be so hard to port the content down to those systems as the base is there, so all they would have to do is make that extra content a large DLC add-on ala Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Edited by RK64

With all the talk of DLC, what do you guys think we will get? We all have guessed any additional characters that might make it in, but what about tracks?

I think that if were getting a big GOTY version or large DLC pack, I think possible extra tracks would be two more sonic courses, three more Sega game-themed tracks and four more legacy courses.

The Sonic tracks would be one from generations (Chemical Plant Zone; dem water slides and toxic water would make for a great boat section) and one from Lost World (either Silent Forest with its possiblites of flight sections or Dessert Ruins with it being based off of acts 2 and 3 from the Wii U version). The Sega themed tracks I think would be based on Sega Arcade racers, one from Crazy Taxi (B.D. Joe is in the game and the track could be crazy :)), one from Dayatona (being more of a car-focused track), and a odd-ball track based off of a entriey unexpected Sega game (maybe a flight course based off of Space Hayrer?). The classic tracks could be from Monkey Ball (the dessert track and/or the Monkey Target one), Sonic Heroes Final Fortress (notibly the second of the three tracks), and Billy Hatchers Lava stage (as the ice themed ones would be redunted with a ice themed track already being in the game).

So with that, what tacks do you guys think might be part of this DLC?

The only question I could say is... when did they updated the code with those characters? If it was recently.. i'll be surprised that it's being updated for the game.

I would be surprised if we actually get more than 7 characters in the game (which I doubt, since I could see in a total of "5 or 4" characters).

Edited by Sparkster24

Wait there going to be DLC? Im surprised this late.... but I guess we will find out. I feel like its nothing special if there are characters.

I really, really hope they add the 4 SEGA PC Exclusives onto the consoles. It's not as much using them, but seeing them driving around when other people use them, it adds variety and more replay-ability having more characters on. Seeing as they're SEGA owned, there's not really any excuse to leave them exclusive to one platform. Who cares if they don't have games that are released on consoles? That's like saying Pheonix Wright shouldn't be on UMvC3 because he never had a game outside of a nintendo console. All the models, voicework, character renders etc are all done for them, so it's not as if it'd be majorly expensive to do. They'd have to update the game to add all the DLC anyway. Plus it's not as if PC adopters could moan, those characters have been exclusive for nearly a year.

With all the talk of DLC, what do you guys think we will get? We all have guessed any additional characters that might make it in, but what about tracks?

I think that if were getting a big GOTY version or large DLC pack, I think possible extra tracks would be two more sonic courses, three more Sega game-themed tracks and four more legacy courses.

The Sonic tracks would be one from generations (Chemical Plant Zone; dem water slides and toxic water would make for a great boat section) and one from Lost World (either Silent Forest with its possiblites of flight sections or Dessert Ruins with it being based off of acts 2 and 3 from the Wii U version). The Sega themed tracks I think would be based on Sega Arcade racers, one from Crazy Taxi (B.D. Joe is in the game and the track could be crazy smile.png), one from Dayatona (being more of a car-focused track), and a odd-ball track based off of a entriey unexpected Sega game (maybe a flight course based off of Space Hayrer?). The classic tracks could be from Monkey Ball (the dessert track and/or the Monkey Target one), Sonic Heroes Final Fortress (notibly the second of the three tracks), and Billy Hatchers Lava stage (as the ice themed ones would be redunted with a ice themed track already being in the game).

So with that, what tacks do you guys think might be part of this DLC?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a track or two. I'd love for Billy's Volcano track to return as it was my fav on the first game. Or maybe a couple tracks that are themed on the characters that they're doing for DLC. If they're adding Ryo a Shenmue stage would be pretty cool.

The only question I could say is... when did they updated the code with those characters? If it was recently.. i'll be surprised that it's being updated for the game.

I would be surprised if we actually get more than 7 characters in the game (which I doubt, since I could see in a total of "5 or 4" characters).

Huh? The steam update was done on Nov 5th. 7 characters were added under codenames in the game's code (listed as "character select"). So where are you getting "5 or 4" from? They aren't going to randomly add code into the game a year after release and on Steam's website it lists there being an upcoming DLC pack. So something's definitely coming.

And seeing as the PC exclusives are already on the steam version, that doesn't give us any indication whether the console versions will be updated with the 4 SEGA ones (as S0L did at one time say that he would try to get them on the console versions).

Edited by BanjoConkers

So you guys putting Elise in the code was just a joke by you guys....................................pretty clever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well hey, at least we know now what's happening. Now begins the speculation on what that "something" is. Sonic & All Stars Fighters confirmed 2014!

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it 1970's trouse...*is beaten by S0L....*

In our defence, I don't think anyone here had done any poking, we just got handed the image of the list and the 'hey this is what was there' line, but at least something is coming, and theres a missed megaton hiding there.

Edit: Also can whoever was sorting it still organise a 1 year anniversary tourny?

Damnit! There goes my hopes of Nack again :/ Come on Sega, you even mentioned how there's a large fan community that wants him back in your History of Sonic book.

S0L while your still poking around here, do you think after seeing the feedback that Sega takes too long to authorize DLC and that a lot of people seem to think its way late in the game to be doing more unless its pretty impressive, that Sega or yourselves in future will look at DLC possibilities a lot sooner? People screamed for it in the first game, then the sequel had nothing post launch preorder DLC for consoles, and the Xmas gift (brilliant and awesome idea btw). Has baffled some why there wasn't more lined up for console after the success of the first game. Is it not as profitable as people seem to believe it would be?

Wait you guys, this doesnt mean there is no dlc, and this doesnt tell how many there is either, those were trollings. However that post means there could be DLC, just that the code is no indication of what the update could be. still a high chance of dlc

I knew it was too good to be true. I mean, this is the team that thought it was a good idea to do 5 exclusive characters on one platform and shaft the rest.

I guess for the most part it was wishful thinking that Sumo/SEGA might actually do something right.

It'll be interesting to see what "something" is exactly. Probably more PC exclusives or something.

Edited by BanjoConkers

I knew it was too good to be true. I mean, this is the team that thought it was a good idea to do 5 exclusive characters on one platform and shaft the rest.

I guess for the most part it was wishful thinking that Sumo/SEGA might actually do something right.

Banjo cool your heels, I know you have a tendancy to be hot headed, but just wait. We have a high possibility of DLC with the 1st aniversery of ASRT coming up its highly possible. just because the list was a joke, that doesnt mean nothing is going to happen.

We actualy got 2 things out of this, S0L has confirmed there are 7 open dlc slots on the console versions, and that something IS GOING to happen!

We just have to wait and see, just put your impulsiveness aside Banjo

Hey hey hey. Calm down guys. No need to get angry about it. He just said that there is more to come. Just that these particular files and names were a joke. They have us a great game, which pretty much all of us enjoyed. It was rather stink that one platform got more DLC than the others but that probably wasn't Sumo's decision. Sega is really trying to drive PC sales recently so it isn't really a surprise. We just have to be patient and keep our hope alive that whatever character each of us wants ends up being a possible target of the stuff that is coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damnit! There goes my hopes of Nack again :/ Come on Sega, you even mentioned how there's a large fan community that wants him back in your History of Sonic book.

SEGA didn't write the book, a writer working for Pix N'Love did. You can tell because of the errors and how the character bios mix info from the old games with the new ones, which SEGA bios wouldn't do*.

*The latter. I'm sure they can do occasional errors too. Just not to "Cream debuted in Sonic CD" levels. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Erm... you really need to learn the difference between what Sega and Sumo does. It isn't Sumo who decides which characters go where.

Frankly, Sumo deserve nothing but praise for their work on ASRT. Name me one other multi format developer thats supported a racing game as these guys have... it's really not an easy task to do when you think about it.

• Thumbs Up 7

And it's Osram by the way, not Oshram. At least get it right!

It's Melpontro's fault, he told me the name wrong from the original poll!

But fine, I'll poke around. tongue.png I'd gladly accept any hints tho. And yes, I know it's been sitting there since August, I just think nobody bothered to check the files on the last update until we saw the DLC entry pop up on the registry.

EDIT: Banjo, some devs don't even bother to patch their games after release. Sumo has given a lot of support to the PC version of the game, adding features that were nice to have as well.

Edited by Dario ff

Erm... you really need to learn the difference between what Sega and Sumo does. It isn't Sumo who decides which characters go where.

Frankly, Sumo deserve nothing but praise for their work on ASRT. Name me one other multi format developer thats supported a racing game as these guys have... it's really not an easy task to do when you think about it.

I referred to it as SEGA/SUMO. I'm aware that Sega are calling the shots.

.But what do you mean by "supporting"? Outside of releasing an addition two characters (that no one asked for) on ONE platform, I'd say that their support of this game has been damnright appalling. Rockstar, Yukes, 2K, Netherrealm, Autumn Games (etc etc)  all support their games well. Support for this game has been literally non-existent.

SEGA didn't write the book, a writer working for Pix N'Love did. You can tell because of the errors and how the character bios mix info from the old games with the new ones, which SEGA bios wouldn't do*.

*The latter. I'm sure they can do occasional errors too. Just not to "Cream debuted in Sonic CD" levels.

That Cream thing was crack up. But correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Udon retranslate it, and posted that delays they were having was that the new writing needed checked and confirmed by Sega. That they wanted everything to be accurate etc. In saying that someone from Sega would have read that and gone, yeah that's fine.

Yeah it was about how they couldn't have every character people had asked for and had to make choices, but even Sumo mentioned him in an interview. They must know he has a following and thus demand to use him as an example one would think.

He has his own vehicle already, he was in a racer before, is in a recently re-released version of Sonic Fighters and Triple Trouble on 3DS and console. I'm just surprised he hasn't turned up in Riders or All-Stars Racing yet.

A side character that hadn't been used in ages, that still has popularity enough he can win a poll and almost get in the winners circle on another with half the time. In a side game that doesn't have to muck up whatever they do with the "main" series of Sonic games. Seems a great way to fit him in really considering that old Q&A where Ruby(?) said they have no place to use the old characters anymore in the context of the games.

I just love his unique design and the personality he's gained via Archie comics. Think the Sonic games need a bad guy anthro that isn't an anti hero or another hedgehog. I'll keep fighting the fight :)

• Thumbs Up 1