Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The file names won't mean anything/they'll be code names for other stuff... but I am curious to see how creative Sumo have been this time with the names.

The file names won't mean anything/they'll be code names for other stuff... but I am curious to see how creative Sumo have been this time with the names.

Oh I meant play the actual game to see if anything had changed. I have no idea where to look.

Oh I meant play the actual game to see if anything had changed. I have no idea where to look.

There's no downloads available yet (No downloads appeared on my Steam client yet), so I don't think we should expect anything different for now.

It'll be unexpected I'm sure. That's all I can say right now. That and don't expect anything this week.

---

S0L

---

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199917934585/#c666826704031062381

So... it's unexpected... not coming this week/anytime soon.

Maybe it's not Miku?

Could it be Santa!

Edit: More clues here.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/684839199917934585/#c666826704011287176

280MB patch?

Maybe it's a Persona character?

That would be hilarious considering the franchise doesn't have anything to do with PC.

Which would make it "unexpected" rite? :V

Looks like it might be another PC exclusive DLC.

I love the speculation. It's all wrong and it's all going to be even more wrong post reveal for completely different reasons. I am looking forward to Ryo having to cough up his paycheck though. So it's not all bad news.

Anyone wanting console news is going to be disappointed though, not through any lack of trying however.

Maybe this is the case for PC characters making it in to the console versions, not certain as of yet. Only way to know is to wait and see what happens.

Ok so things are getting a little interesting...

We know it's not for consoles.

We know it's NOT what people are expecting... but... yeah... This is from the Steam forums.

You see, I know there will be controversy around this one, I fully expect it. What's going to be amazing though is something else I have planned that is rather secret. That's going to be a full on popcorn moment but you might have a small wait.

I'll probably get into trouble, but it'll be worth it :)

---
S0L

---

May I share your popcorn S0L?

• Thumbs Up 5

Wish I hadn't entered the SEGA Forums discussion about the PC exclusivity - grand to see a certain Banjo fan hasn't gotten a grip yet.

Anywho, I'm not terribly enthused about the PC exclusivity - I have the PC version, but it's kinda gutting to see console owners continue to be neglected. I can see why the PC exclusive characters are exclusive, and hell, as for the characters themselves they're alright, but yet more ignorance towards consoles isn't doing SUMO any favours in the reputation department.

I'm surprised he even has any popcorn left after the General Winter and Willemus stuff. Arguing over someone who acts like an entitled little fuck with the DLC for this game is honestly the worst thing I've ever experienced.

"Oh no, these new characters are taking up spots for Segata and Ryo, this is just making the game shittier."

Jesus H. Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm surprised he even has any popcorn left after the General Winter and Willemus stuff. Arguing over someone who acts like an entitled little fuck with the DLC for this game is honestly the worst thing I've ever experienced.

"Oh no, these new characters are taking up spots for Segata and Ryo, this is just making the game shittier."

Jesus H. Christ.

Aye - because characters/'characters' from Skies of Arcadia, Shinobi, Space Channel 5, After Burner, Daytona USA, NiGHTS, Super Monkey Ball, Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, and more doesn't constitute a varied and diverse roster, apparently. 

Going off topic anywho so I'll cull it here - regardless, I am anticipating this announcement (because thankfully, at least SUMO optimised the PC port for this unlike every other Sonic game ever), but I just wish consoles wouldn't keep getting the blind eye so much.

I can totally understand why the PC exclusive DLC characters were PC only. It makes sense. They are from PC exclusive properties and one not even a Sega brand so they would have had next to no control over where the property holder wanted it released.

But if the new DLC is a multi format character and its still PC only then yeah, there will be a lot of controversy, complaints, and a pretty big show on the Sega forums I imagine. Popcorn will be needed.

Still wondering why they waited so late in the game to do DLC tho. The more time passes the less people will care or buy it. Except the major fans who will be ever present. You lose the general market that tends to move on not long after they beat the game and a few months after release. Its kinda shooting your prospective sales in the foot isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Still wondering why they waited so late in the game to do DLC tho. The more time passes the less people will care or buy it. Except the major fans who will be ever present. You lose the general market that tends to move on not long after they beat the game and a few months after release. Its kinda shooting your prospective sales in the foot isn't it?

Yes is true that this game is a great game on its own, the truth is that a majority of the audience of this game is Sega fans, that probably follow the game and its upgrades. Still I see your point but I think that the general audience is not the intended market for this dlc. And besides we still don't know if this paid dlc or not. 

It most likely will be paid DLC, the previous characters were downloaded through a free patch.

And seeing as the new DLC entry is in the same section as the Metal Sonic/Outrun DLC, i'm inclined to believe it will be paid DLC.

I guess that makes sense. Also gives me hope that the dlc is more than just a new character. 

I'd like to see it be a new track, even though that's unlikely. To me, the tracks are far more important as far as content goes. 

Since it's another PC exclusive, the character will be from another franchise that is on PC which I don't care about. I have the PC version, but this exclusive will probably not make me boot up Transformed.

If it's a new track though, count me in.

This is the moment to hate SEGA. Not releasing any DLC on consoles is their choice, not Sumo's. Seriously SEGA, I know it's easier, cheaper and even faster to release on Steam, but for god's sake, you released a ton of DLC for Sonic 06... Transformed was a huge sucess on consoles, especially the PS3 and Wii U versions, so why this decision? I don't get it. S0L?

Sumo will probably announce their next game.

I'd like to see it be a new track, even though that's unlikely. To me, the tracks are far more important as far as content goes. 

While I would like a new track I don't think we will see one, since if I'm not mistaken SOL said that they wouldn't do any dlc tracks besides the outrun one.

So I'm really curious to know what the surprise is.

This is the moment to hate SEGA. Not releasing any DLC on consoles is their choice, not Sumo's. Seriously SEGA, I know it's easier, cheaper and even faster to release on Steam, but for god's sake, you released a ton of DLC for Sonic 06... Transformed was a huge sucess on consoles, especially the PS3 and Wii U versions, so why this decision? I don't get it. S0L?

Sumo will probably announce their next game.

Keeping in mind that the content for 06 probably came out very close to the release of the game. Now with the game being a year old, I'm betting they don't see putting any of the DLC on consoles as worth it. And also the fact that the DLC for 06 probably wasn't even that big, and anything for Transformed will probably have a much larger filesize.

Like you said, it costs money for them to put any of that on the PS3 and 360. (Don't know about Wii U, or even PS3 really, but I know that's the case for the 360) It's much safer to put it out on PC, where there's a much more active community and also where you can put it out without paying any money.

I'd like to just throw out something.

Could the controversial decision be... the game is being made free to play?

Well I'm sat here trying to think what it could be thats going to cause such a reaction, and the only thing I can think of, aside from a few die hard fans getting angry over a PC exclusive inclusion... would be the idea that the game is free to play and the DLC characters are at a premium?

Thoughts?

I could deal with that. I forget if I've actually bought it on Steam or not, but still. The game is utterly fantastic and we know it's sold really on all platforms. I'd have no problem with it adopting an F2P model a year on. Rather out there as a guess though.

I'd like to just throw out something.

Could the controversial decision be... the game is being made free to play?

Well I'm sat here trying to think what it could be thats going to cause such a reaction, and the only thing I can think of, aside from a few die hard fans getting angry over a PC exclusive inclusion... would be the idea that the game is free to play and the DLC characters are at a premium?

Thoughts?

Switching it to an F2P game would be a really strange choice to me. They would have to add a lot of new content in order to justify that type of move. Other F2P games on the service, like Team Fortress 2 and Dota have hundreds of purchasable items that are added in relatively frequent updates, and the games have enormous install bases. Obviously they wouldn't have to put out as much content as Valve does, but if they were going to make the game free, they would have to find some special way to make the 'premium' edition of the game enticing, no?

It's certainly an interesting guess, though.