Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The only thing is, I can't think of anything that would be considered really controversial, unless they're going to add all the characters from that fan list as PC only... that would do it. Though S0L has said that nobody guessed it so I'm not sure if it is that.

The only things I can think of that I think would generate a 'reaction' would be as follows.

1: All the DLC is PC exclusive, and it's the top few characters from that pol.

2: All the DLC are characters nobody has ever asked for (though I don't really see this as being a big deal at all since any new content is great in my book.

3: World Tour mode is getting revamped in line with the mobile versions of the game.

4: Free to Play (though if they could support this, I personally think this idea is brilliant).

Free to play? I don't understand that...

The game has always been "Free to Play" (except XBL)...

EDIT: Oh, like the whole entire game free to play? Like no one gets to pay for the game?

"Free to play" meaning that you don't even have to buy the game in the first place. You just download it and start playing while certain features and/or characters are put up at a premium price.

Stuff like Tekken Revolution, Dead or Alive 5: Core Fighters, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Free to play? I don't understand that...

The game has always been "Free to Play" (except XBL)...

Sonic Dash is free to play. You don't have to pay a single penny to purchase it, but it will include micro-transactions for all sorts of things to nickel and dime you, probably for content that would previously have been available just for buying the game. Also, ads likely.

ASRT at present isn't free to play since you have to pay for it initially.

By controversial, perhaps they mean that the next All Stars Racing game will be coming soon and replacing Transformed? Fans loved the game, so replacing it, say, next year would be controversial.

>implying F2P is a bad thing

What if it's a Space Marine from Warhammer 40K? Relic had the license for those games, so technically now they are SEGA properties.

Sonic Dash is free to play. You don't have to pay a single penny to purchase it, but it will include micro-transactions for all sorts of things to nickel and dime you, probably for content that would previously have been available just for buying the game. Also, ads likely.

ASRT at present isn't free to play since you have to pay for it initially.

Which begs the question; if Sonic Transformed did go Free-to-Play, what would they nickel and dime anyone for? They would have to add a ton of new characters and features unless they wanted to start locking existing content to push micro-transactions, which nobody would go for.

And actually, most F2P games have you repeatedly buying content over periods of time, so unless they plan on supporting this game for a good long while, I don't see why they would adopt that model.

By controversial, perhaps they mean that the next All Stars Racing game will be coming soon and replacing Transformed? Fans loved the game, so replacing it, say, next year would be controversial.

Unless I'm wrong, didn't something appear in the Steam registry as DLC for Transformed? And currently, S0L hinted that this wasn't coming to consoles, so both of those point away from it being a new game.

Despite not getting console DLC, this game is still a lot of fun. I always enjoy it every time I play. It's really a shame SEGA's decision, but I think we'll have to live with that.

Ruh roh.

ASRT's being featured in a new Humble Bundle themed around the Yogscast.

Apparently featuring 'charity' DLC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91881388&postcount=214

Please, for the love of fucking everything, let this be a troll.

Yogscast are insanely popular though. They've got a game on the way, and frequently hit the Youtube front page. It would not surprise me, and fits with the PC only teasing from S0L.

Who is Simon?

A member of the 'Yogscast,' a British Youtube/Twitch channel with a game on the way to boot. Mostly rose to fame via Minecraft videos - they're incredibly popular, so sadly this wouldn't be a complete shock to me.

Who is Simon?

Simon is a digger, who digs things with a drill.

Sorry I had to.

As for Yogcast? Probably Yog Soggoth doing a podcast I dunno.

He's a youtube personality

I don't want to badmouth decision but I gotta say... considering the reaction Danica got... What?

I don't want to badmouth decision but I gotta say... considering the reaction Danica got... What?

Aye. And even worse, if he is in then the millions of sheep that follow the Yogscast will jump on the game.

...although to be fair that at least means the online scene gets repopulated

He must drive like crazy so he's obviously a candidate for a cartoon animal racing game!

That has to be a troll, surely.

I really doubt a popular youtuber will make an appearance in this game.

But if i'm wrong...well, wow, consider me surprised.

Yep, I am surprised.

Though i'm pretty sure this isn't the only DLC we're getting. This is most likely one of the DLC stuff we're getting.

I like Simon and all but... he's not really who should be in. When you think his dwarf persona is really similar to Gilius anyway. If they went around the Yogscast they'd find Hatfilms, who are fans of the game. Sadly, they're not as kniwn as Simon. Oh well, still better than Danica, at least people worldwide watch him.