Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I'll admit: I don't think anyone saw this coming. I don't care about Minecraft, I don't play Minecraft, and I sure as hell don't care about Yogscast. Great... my brother's going to be having a field day with this, because he's a Minecraft nut, and won't shut the fuck up on how good it supposedly is. 

I don't care about racing games anyway, and seeing those announcement both puzzles me, and makes me laugh. I wasn't expecting this. Instead of giving us Ristar, and underrated game and character... we get... this. Thanks, SEGA. To think you had a potential buyer if you chose Ristar. *le sigh* 

It's a totally optional character as opposed to an obnoxious update, and the money goes to charity if you do buy it.

How absolutely awful!

That's not the problem here, it's just the choice of character.

Not to mention - as proven in the Minecraft Sonic map video they put out, these guys don't have the first fucking clue about Sonic. Why in the hell are they in a Sonic game?

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a totally optional character as opposed to an obnoxious update, and the money goes to charity if you do buy it.

How absolutely awful!

Apart from it being a random character nobody asked for, why does it have to for charity? I have a hard time believing a charity like this would be successful. I mean, I like charity, but... this being for charity? This would work better as DLC, as in normal DLC, rather than charity DLC. 

Apart from it being a random character nobody asked for, why does it have to for charity? I have a hard time believing a charity like this would be successful. I mean, I like charity, but... this being for charity? This would work better as DLC, as in normal DLC, rather than charity DLC.

I can field that one. At christmas the Yogscast do alot of charity work, I think its Oxfam they do it for. This will probably go to their christmas charity runs.

Why not?

If it was normal DLC it would be absolutely worthless (kind of like all the other additions to the PC version). If nobody wants it, might as well give them a shallow incentive.

Why couldn't they make Ryo the charity character? That'd sell like freakin' hot cakes!

Hell, I'd take Miku over this, and that's an achievement. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The character itself is weirder of a choice than ever, but it's got a much better cause for existing. S'cool I guess.

Just as long as they follow through with revealing the next DLC really soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can field that one. At christmas the Yogscast do alot of charity work, I think its Oxfam they do it for. This will probably go to their christmas charity runs.

Really? Okay, then. I don't care about Yogscast, but it's nice to get some information. Thanks, BTW.

Why not?

If it was normal DLC it would be absolutely worthless (kind of like all the other additions to the PC version). If nobody wants it, might as well give them a shallow incentive.

Good point, but I'm still confused by the choice of the character, even with the charity event coming up. I know they're the guys running it, but still.

Why couldn't they make Ryo the charity character? That'd sell like freakin' hot cakes!

Hell, I'd take Miku over this, and that's an achievement. 

Ristar... where are you...?

"Why do I only get a button for ddonating, why not a ferrari?"

Cheapshit stuff with no effort isn't far from common in terms of things like this.

It's for charity and it's a good cause!

That said, I do wonder if SEGA forced SUMO to add this character despite SUMO's objections.

The thing is it's PC exclusive and it's DLC for a one year old game which simply won't attract any interest outside the normal fan base. This game is old news. Leave it alone, let it RIP. 

Wow uh

They weren't kidding when they said the character would be "controversial".

I've seen very little of Yogscast, and the last time I watched them, they were playing a pony mod for Minecraft.

To say that was a bad impression is a huge understatement. But hey, it's for charity and I don't even have to download it, so whatever.

Well, that's nice, I guess. I have no idea what Yogscast is (I'm guessing a podcast) and I don't know how this guy is connected with SEGA, Sonic or any all-stars, but that's ok. I couldn't download him if I wanted to as I don't have the game on PC (Or a PC that could play the game for that matter). Nice to see them doing this for charity, though I do think an actual SEGA character would do more for that, but I assume with that they'd have to get rights etc, so less suitable for charity. What charity is this for?

That said, I really think that if they have any SEGA characters coming they should reveal them soon. Fans are getting antsy at all these "odd" DLC choices.

Ok I've newsed it... but yeah... did it rather tentatively since it's not really official confirmation. But given everything we know about how it would be controversial and how theres evidence to support the humble bundle claim. I guess it's safe to say 'It's happening'

My Reaction:

Initial reaction: Are you fucking kidding me?

Then I read the details. I still really don't know if I should care about this news or not. On the one hand, I do not have a PC that can run ASRT and I doubt I ever will have a PC that can run it on the 'glorious' settings. the odds of me buying this DLC are extremely low.

So really, even if they announced Fang today, it wouldn't really be something I could take advantage of.

That said... yeah I can understand why some are quite cross with this. The game is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I get everyones inclusion, even Danica to an extent... but I just don't get this, it feels more like a promotional deal over a charity one. It's not, let me make it clear, it's clearly a charity one, but it feels more like a promotional one.

And that said... why couldn't this have been a videogame character?

But... I suppose if all the money is going to charity, is it a big deal? It shouldn't be, but... I dunno, I can't help but feel like some kind of promotional idea was being battered around a little.

Oh well... Merch Kitty for ASRT DLC... ... ... What?

Didn't this game have an official poll a while back for what characters that fans would be most interested in seeing in the game? Have they even added any of those characters to a game which is now a year old?

Didn't this game have an official poll a while back for what characters that fans would be most interested in seeing in the game? Have they even added any of those characters to a game which is now a year old?

Haha, of course not.

Oh, but they will! They've said so! About three times!

Nope. They've only added PC-exclusive characters that are, again, only really relevant to PC gamers.