S0L

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

What the fuck, seriously?

As a regular guy I'm happy that they're doing a charity thing.

As a Sonic fan I'm disappointed it's not a more relevant character. 

It's nice that it's for charity but this is as random as it gets...and I don't even have anything against the Yogscast. O_o

So which internet celebrity is next then? Obviously not people like Johnny or Clement who actually play and review Sonic games and are big SEGA fans!

That's what really surprised me about this whole thing; if Sega and Sumo decided to included a Youtube Star in their game, I would think it would be ether of them (Clement's appearance would be epic though; dat Eggman impression biggrin.png) as they are big Sega and Sonic fans....but I guess Sega just picked the Youtube star with the most subscribers....

Maybe that means we will see Arin, JonTron and Dan share a car made out of copies of Sonic 06 wink.png!

Have you watched Johnny's recent Lost World review? He said in it that he barely touched SASRT, so i don't know.

Doesn't mean much considering all the other stuff he reviewed prior to his Lost World review (the ENTIRE Mega Man Classic series, including Mega Man and Base, and the very difficult Ghost and Goblins NES/SNES games), making his scedual a bit packed. Besides, he liked the original Sonic All Stars Racing, and he sounded like he like Transformed too :).

So now that i've had the time to let this news sink in, my thoughts on this...

While completely unexpected, i'm willing to give this a try and see how it turns out.

Next week will certainly be an interesting one...

Kinda proves SEGA don't know what the fuck they are doing any more, sure hey, lets throw in some Youtube famous people because "charity!"

If that's the case, where's my fucking Doge DLC?

>Blames SEGA

>Developer is Sumo

:|.

So we have a famous racecar driver, a movie refference, a RTS russian guy, and now a youtuber?

Remember when this game had just SEGA and Sonic characters? those were good times.

I'll just sum up what Guess Who posted at Retro:

eqs0gPP.jpg

So we have a famous racecar driver, a movie refference, a RTS russian guy, and now a youtuber?

Remember when this game had just SEGA and Sonic characters? those were good times.

Well, man, Danica and Wreck-It Ralph were around since the beginning, so technically, this game never had just Sega and Sonic characters....

I was reffering to the first ASR but okay.

This won't have been a thing without SEGA's go ahead, it's their game, whether SUMO made it or not, so yes I am blaming SEGA.

I think all of SEGA's involvement was rubberstamping it as a charity writeoff for their taxes. I think SUMO is at fault, they could've picked anyone else more noticiable from within the sonic community but no its some dude from the minecraft community who nobody knows really outside of the minecraft community.

This dude better have some god-tier game-breaking all star move.

I think all of SEGA's involvement was rubberstamping it as a charity writeoff for their taxes. I think SUMO is at fault, they could've picked anyone else more noticiable from within the sonic community but no its some dude from the minecraft community who nobody knows really outside of the minecraft community..

Again... Sega decides who gets in the game. Not Sumo.

This is certainly Segas decision, not Sumos.

Again... Sega decides who gets in the game. Not Sumo.

This is certainly Segas decision, not Sumos.

Then this doesn't even make any more sense then it did. what gain does SEGA have by adding him to ASRT?

Seriously, if youtubers are now considered whos next? pewdiepie?

Because Banjo and Kazooie were famous for their first title on the Sega Saturn. Saved the system from an untimely demise :V

Wasn't Banjo & Kazooie console exclusive DLC? if they arn't then I guess I never got that far to unlock them on the Wii version.

Then this doesn't even make any more sense then it did. what gain does SEGA have by adding him to ASRT?

I honestly have no idea, in fact... I don't want to ask this question... but who is gaining from this?

Sega? I don't see how, yeah they may get the PC version in the hands of more people, but if it doesn't include the metal Sonic DLC are they really gonna see much from that? Theres no other way for them to make money, so what do they gain? Maybe more people will go looking for their other games, but thats a long shot since theres few games from ASRT which are currently active.

The Charity: ASRT on the humble bundle... Brilliant decision. The PC version hasn't sold that well, this is a great idea to get some sales and put the money to a good cause.

Simon however....

Okay...

Imagine, Simon was announced for the consoles as charity DLC... who here would actually buy him? Even though you knew it was for charity, even if it was a low priced DLC, on the name alone, would you buy him? I know I wouldn't, I don't know who this guy is, he has no appeal to me, so this isn't going to get me spending cash.

For PC fans... maybe I guess?

Yogscast: What I'm about to say is going to be kinda controversial... I don't believe this is the case/reason for the inclusion, but you can't deny this is going to happen.

Other than the charity, the ones who stand to gain the most, would be Yogscast.

No really it is, up until a few hour ago, I'd never heard of them, am I alone in that? Probably not, so how many people have sinced checked them out following this announcement?

The people who stand to gain the most are the charity, yogscast, Sumo and Sega in that order (Sumo being comissioned by Sega to produce the content).

But I just cannot understand why Simon got selected over other videogame characters, unless theres more in the DLC pack, if so, brilliant. If not... you can't tell me that Simon would have sold more DLC packs over a Sega character, or hell even Grumpy Cat.

The Yogscast were picked out of all the Youtubers probably because, as I said earlier, they are the ones who do the charity stuff. They run alot of charity work at christmas, they reach out to companies to help. Peter Moleneaux (I think its spelled like that), Warwick Davis and others have helped in the past. They must have reached out to Sega for help and this is the result. Really people. Steve warned us we'd be pissed.