Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I think all of SEGA's involvement was rubberstamping it as a charity writeoff for their taxes. I think SUMO is at fault, they could've picked anyone else more noticiable from within the sonic community but no its some dude from the minecraft community who nobody knows really outside of the minecraft community..

Again... Sega decides who gets in the game. Not Sumo.

This is certainly Segas decision, not Sumos.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when this game had just SEGA and Sonic characters? those were good times.

yes, I remember when they Announced Danica Patrick, from the classic Sega Game "Danica Patrick Super Kart DX" for the Sega Leviticus.

• Thumbs Up 8

Again... Sega decides who gets in the game. Not Sumo.

This is certainly Segas decision, not Sumos.

Then this doesn't even make any more sense then it did. what gain does SEGA have by adding him to ASRT?

Seriously, if youtubers are now considered whos next? pewdiepie?

I was reffering to the first ASR but okay.

Because Banjo and Kazooie were famous for their first title on the Sega Saturn. Saved the system from an untimely demise :V

• Thumbs Up 2

Because Banjo and Kazooie were famous for their first title on the Sega Saturn. Saved the system from an untimely demise :V

Wasn't Banjo & Kazooie console exclusive DLC? if they arn't then I guess I never got that far to unlock them on the Wii version.

Then this doesn't even make any more sense then it did. what gain does SEGA have by adding him to ASRT?

I honestly have no idea, in fact... I don't want to ask this question... but who is gaining from this?

Sega? I don't see how, yeah they may get the PC version in the hands of more people, but if it doesn't include the metal Sonic DLC are they really gonna see much from that? Theres no other way for them to make money, so what do they gain? Maybe more people will go looking for their other games, but thats a long shot since theres few games from ASRT which are currently active.

The Charity: ASRT on the humble bundle... Brilliant decision. The PC version hasn't sold that well, this is a great idea to get some sales and put the money to a good cause.

Simon however....

Okay...

Imagine, Simon was announced for the consoles as charity DLC... who here would actually buy him? Even though you knew it was for charity, even if it was a low priced DLC, on the name alone, would you buy him? I know I wouldn't, I don't know who this guy is, he has no appeal to me, so this isn't going to get me spending cash.

For PC fans... maybe I guess?

Yogscast: What I'm about to say is going to be kinda controversial... I don't believe this is the case/reason for the inclusion, but you can't deny this is going to happen.

Other than the charity, the ones who stand to gain the most, would be Yogscast.

No really it is, up until a few hour ago, I'd never heard of them, am I alone in that? Probably not, so how many people have sinced checked them out following this announcement?

The people who stand to gain the most are the charity, yogscast, Sumo and Sega in that order (Sumo being comissioned by Sega to produce the content).

But I just cannot understand why Simon got selected over other videogame characters, unless theres more in the DLC pack, if so, brilliant. If not... you can't tell me that Simon would have sold more DLC packs over a Sega character, or hell even Grumpy Cat.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Yogscast were picked out of all the Youtubers probably because, as I said earlier, they are the ones who do the charity stuff. They run alot of charity work at christmas, they reach out to companies to help. Peter Moleneaux (I think its spelled like that), Warwick Davis and others have helped in the past. They must have reached out to Sega for help and this is the result. Really people. Steve warned us we'd be pissed.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not pissed about it, but I just can't help but feel that if it is a single character charity DLC, then a videogame character would have been a much better choice.

I'm not pissed about it, but I just can't help but feel that if it is a single character charity DLC, then a videogame character would have been a much better choice.

Yeah like Yogscast's favorite SEGA character or something, that would've been cool.

Imagine, Simon was announced for the consoles as charity DLC... who here would actually buy him?

If I had the game and was the type to buy DLC regularly, I might. Probably more likely than I would some obscure Sega character whose games I've never played.

I mean don't get me wrong, this is an utterly bizarre situation. But maybe there is some mad logic to it, maybe they're trying to pull in the nontrivial number of Yogscast fans, get them to buy the game when they wouldn't otherwise.

I don't think it makes any less sense than Danica Patrick, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

At this point, it's hard to get mad; Sega and Sumo have added characters to the PC version for months now and not consoles, and with those characters being Sega PC characters, they never made it to consoles. I was a bit pissed when the PC exclusive were initally announced (would have loved to play as Shogun or Football Manager :(), but when MORE PC exclusives were announced (Total War Spartan and Company of Heroes General Winter) I felt indifferent due to those characters having PC roots.

This random Youtuber...compared to other Sega and Sega PC characters taking his spot...not even crosses the line, but completely just brakes it. Its not like this guy is a huge Sonic fan like Clement or reviewed alot of Sega games like Johny....just some random guy with a ton of subscribers. Its hard to care about future SEGA characters appearing like Sumo have hinted a while back, when completely random people just become part of the game, just BECAUSE.

I get its for charity, and its great Sega is being a part of it (and its great for Yogcast with him getting more people knowing him; I'm sure hes a good guy :)), but with this news it's hard to care about the future for this game, as its really is EVERYONE All Stars Racing Transformed :(.....

Next we will get Rebecca Black. Her all star will play her infamous Friday song, and attacks by firing out giant letters that spell out "FUN!" while she says it. Her transform animation involves her changing seats, as we know how indecisive she is. We so excited!

• Thumbs Up 5

If Game Grumps/Steam Train was doing the charity and Arin, Danny and Ross were the characters in the vehicle (Steam Train, of course), do you realize how much money they could have made?! I have never even heard of Simon!

I mean, if it works, it works. But if you were going to do a YouTube celeb...

• Thumbs Up 3

And I'm still pretty sure he'll fit better than Danica Patrick. 

It's weird that people are flipping out about this. I might understand if this was revealed over a year ago when we only expected established SEGA characters, but since then, we've had a NASCAR driver, Wreck-It Ralph, the Team Fortress Mercs, and the made-up General Winter after SEGA's acquisition of Relic. And on top of that, other PC exclusives like the Shogun, Football Manager and Willemus weren't characters either.

But no. THIS character, the one that's optional and being done for charity, is the really stupid one. This is the one that compromises the purity of the roster. C'mon, at least this is for a good cause. And for most of you, it's not even on your platform. 

I'll probably be picking it up. I made like, 40 bucks in my Steam Wallet by selling some TF2 items.

• Thumbs Up 6

If Game Grumps/Steam Train was doing the charity and Arin, Danny and Ross were the characters in the vehicle (Steam Train, of course), do you realize how much money they could have made?! I have never even heard of Simon!

I mean, if it works, it works. But if you were going to do a YouTube celeb...

Well, I mean...the Game Grumps channel has 1.2 million subscribers. Lewis and Simon's channel has 6.3 million.

This isn't some dude who just started pointing his camera at his monitor last week or something.

• Thumbs Up 4

OH, see, I have never heard of these guys.... so I had no clue they were that popular.

Well, if it works, then I guess it works.

I doubt that SEGA/Sumo Digital "picked" Simon as a character. The Yogscast guys probably went to them for this charity thing and that somehow ended up with Simon becoming DLC.

I doubt that this made them remove a spot from the bigger DLC they are currently working on. If anything, take this as a sign that they haven't left the game behind yet.

I doubt that SEGA/Sumo Digital "picked" Simon as a character. The Yogscast guys probably went to them for this charity thing and that somehow ended up with Simon becoming DLC.

I doubt that this made them remove a spot from the bigger DLC they are currently working on. If anything, take this as a sign that they haven't left the game behind yet.

Is it odd that I was reading the Retro article the exact same time you posted? tongue.png

I'm perfectly okay with this since the guy's model looks so amazing I'm gonna love this even though I have no idea who he is.

Is this gonna be on Humble Bundle or what? I'm terribly confused about how this is gonna come through. Can some like explain?

If I had to choose a YouTube gaming celeb who I'd like to see as DLC, my vote would go to Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room. The guy is a HUGE SEGA fan. He loves the 32X, and he was one of the first video game internet shows in existence, covering much of the Dreamcast's life span.

1363657390155.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

If I had to choose a YouTube gaming celeb who I'd like to see as DLC, my vote would go to Mark Bussler of Classic Game Room. The guy is a HUGE SEGA fan. He loves the 32X, and he was one of the first video game internet shows in existence, covering much of the Dreamcast's life span.

1363657390155.jpg

I'd buy him twice, Mark is rad. Plus he knows the Dreamcast is where it's at. Easily my favorite YouTube personality. Make the Intergalactic Space Arcade a track and we're golden SEGA

• Thumbs Up 2