Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

It takes some getting used to Sean, since it's far different from the original, it's a lot faster too and they've changed up the gameplay slightly so it's harder to hold a drift etc. Just practice makes perfect, once you learn the tracks the rest all falls into place.

Otherwise I agree with you 100% the AI is super unfair and totally out to get you, rather than just aiming at other racers too, I mean it doesn't make sense that 2nd & 3rd place are hell bent on attacking you, rather than those in front of them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, don't try doing everything on hard either until your ready (trust me medium becomes easy mode once you start getting better) and then tackle hard later.

Found some footage of Simon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-jTw9NZUeU

I never thought i will see Simon and Danica Patrick in  the same game, but i admit, while watching this video, this guy makes me laugh.biggrin.png

Good lord the voice samples are awful.

*sees the all star move*

Erm... I think I'll pass on this one.

You know, when they announce the character, i already see this All-Star Move miles away:

XBOX 360 Avatar: Throwing Xbox logos

Danica Patrick: Throwing Hot Wheels (litterally)

Simon: Use Giant rainbow Jaffa cakes

Im subcribed to Lewis and Simon Channel so i have already some thoughts about what we will be getting.

Well, S0L said they're fans of the game, not Sonic. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may have Sonic in the title and feature some content from that franchise, but it's not a Sonic game. They're probably fans of the other SEGA franchises that make up most of the game. 

In the room they use for making special announcements, there is a shelf full of videogames goodies and fan-art stuff,  a Sonic Plush and a Dreamcast is in here. So who knows ? Maybe at the start Simon don't like Sonic, but after playing Transformed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhANwZmARxg&feature=share&list=UUUxoapwoGN9cKN5SPKGVh7A&index=2

Said simple Simon to the ASRT-man. Give me your DLC's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8EAKeSwI0

Video shows all vehicle modes, and the all star with slightly clearer music this time. Still no idea where the music is from though.

It's essentially this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouuIoXNLY78

Also, if you haven't seen it, SwissYellow (of SEGA) posted this over on the Steam Forums...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/666828126708593102/

Yogscast DLC has outsold the Metal Sonic + OutRun DLC and the money will make a real difference for SpecialEffect, which at the end of the day, is what really mattered most.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 6

S0L do you have any indication on when we can expect this super secret other things you got planned will surface? Soon? Or next year?

Should've got a remix to that at least, his theme song doesn't fit all that well as an All-Star track. reminds me of Ren and Stimpy which I think KKM already pointed out...

So I guess this thing was a success despite our bitching, guessing most of the success was from Yogcast's community.

S0L do you have any indication on when we can expect this super secret other things you got planned will surface? Soon? Or next year?

Can't put a date to it yet, sorry. Sooner rather than later is what we're hoping.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

It'd be really nice to have a super DLC pack (for all consoles) with:

- All the exclusive characters for PC (except for Yogcast)

- 3-4 new characters like Ryo, Ristar, Vectorman and Bayonetta

- 3 New stages to complete another grand prix.

But I guess that's not going to happen :P

Maybe S0L is talking about the mobile version when he says that something is coming soon? I dunno, just my guess. That, or a next gen All Stars Racing game is going to be announced soon.

So this got posted.

My last post for now, the original idea was for an Ant Hill Mob style racer with many characters in the racer but that wasn't possible. Simon was chosen by the Sumo, SEGA and Yogscast, without his involvement.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/666827315948990676/#p2

I love that idea for an Ant Hill Mob racer! "LOOK GUYS! THAT EGGMAN'S GOT THE AMY!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Good that it sold well for charity, not surprised it outsold Metal Sonic tho, mainly due to the whole first wave of copies plus the pre-orders getting Metal Sonic for free. It's like comparing apples to Nashi (Asian) pears, similar on the outside yes but not really the same. One DLC already had a pretty wide free distribution which would have had a large coverage to beging with, where as the other is fully pay to play from the get go.

That analogy makes absolutely no sense to me.

Glad that this thing has sold, regardless. As well as being a charity drive, hopefully it'll help to persuade SEGA that people like DLC.

That analogy makes absolutely no sense to me.

Never had one? Nashi Pears look like apples but inside they have the texture and taste of a pear. I wanted it to be like the apples to bananas anology but I wanted it to sound closer since the ASRT stuff were both DLC and more comparable than an apple and a banana lol

Streamed myself playing the DLC for an hour the day it came out. Provided you can tolerate the somewhat blurry video quality and the volume of my voice suffering from Sonic Adventure disaster it shows off everything. Although the character is rather eh, I contributed to charity and that's what matters to me. Worth the purchase just for that. Feels good to donate like that!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSvLd3lfYhvY0-rxDCa428CI4TtuI49i_&feature=mh_lolz

Never had one? Nashi Pears look like apples but inside they have the texture and taste of a pear. I wanted it to be like the apples to bananas anology but I wanted it to sound closer since the ASRT stuff were both DLC and more comparable than an apple and a banana lol

That's because the only thing that goes in Blue Blood's mouth is Doritos and MTN Dew.

I mean, yeah. I hope the DLC does well.

Good that it sold well for charity, not surprised it outsold Metal Sonic tho, mainly due to the whole first wave of copies plus the pre-orders getting Metal Sonic for free. It's like comparing apples to Nashi (Asian) pears, similar on the outside yes but not really the same. One DLC already had a pretty wide free distribution which would have had a large coverage to beging with, where as the other is fully pay to play from the get go.

I don't think the Metal Sonic DLC was a pre-order bonus on the PC version, though.

Posted a status update the other day about how I have a download code for the Special Edition DLC (Outrun Bay, Metal Sonic and Exclusive Stickers) on the Xbox 360 version.  No-one responded there so I'm just gonna leave the code here and anyone who wants it can nab it on a first-come first-served basis.

Mollfie found the code at GAME with no game disc to go with it so can't guarantee it hasn't been used but she's pretty sure it hasn't as people generally don't bother to give back add-on papers when they trade in games.

4RYCJ-CRK6H-HC4JF-4V6KX-4MP3Z

So if anyone only got the regular edition of ASRT and never bought the DLC, thar ye go.  (If anyone does use it and it works (or even doesn't work), please PM me so I can edit this post to let people know not to bother trying).

Sonic sells best on Nintendo they said....

Wii U and 3DS don't have a Classics-like range yet

Nintendo usually don't start doing those til right at the end of a console's life

Still, good to see the game sold well on other platforms despite the lack of marketing, it's a fantastic game that deserves exposure.