Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Bring this to consoles in a DLC pack featuring this and the other PC SEGA characters pleeeeeease!

There's a chance Ryo could show up on consoles. But the others? Zilch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can only hope, but hope is dead in the water for me with this game, not even Ryo can salvage my disappointment with this whole DLC ordeal.

• Thumbs Up 2

As was Nack in the Sonic character poll and he did bloody well considering he had less than half the time of the others in the main poll too. Doesn't mean they will happen tho sadly. We should be thankful for this. Perhaps if it sells well tho, we could see the others, maybe? Probably not lol

• Thumbs Up 2

As was Nack in the Sonic character poll and he did bloody well considering he had less than half the time of the others in the main poll too. Doesn't mean they will happen tho sadly. We should be thankful for this. Perhaps if it sells well tho, we could see the others, maybe? Probably not lol

Well, if Sega were to make a big DLC pack for Transformed on consoles, a sonic character would almost certainly be a candidate for some DLC, so I think Nack might happen if (a BIG if...) they put Ryo DLC on consoles alongside some other sega characters who won the poll.

I can only hope, but hope is dead in the water for me with this game, not even Ryo can salvage my disappointment with this whole DLC ordeal.

Same, gonna take more than just ryo to get me back in this game.

Shoot I don't even have the game anymore anyway I gave up waiting for an actual SEGA character.

Vectorman made the required amount too, and yeah Nack should be given a chance as well

Well, if Sega were to make a big DLC pack for Transformed on consoles, a sonic character would almost certainly be a candidate for some DLC, so I think Nack might happen if (a BIG if...) they put Ryo DLC on consoles alongside some other sega characters who won the poll.

Yeah, it would take a several character pack to make an impace, and sorry but Im not going for ryo alone

Some people are never happy eh?

The original DLC campaign was for one poll-topping character to be made. No one at Sumo ever said that more than one of the winners would be made.

Ryo was the winner by far, ergo, it easily makes the most sense for him to be made.

I don't understand why people are acting so entitled, all you did is vote for the character you wanted most, you aren't doing the development work, you didn't go up to SEGA with your jobs and funds at stake and say "hey the fandom thinks we should do this can you give us the funding and time to do this?"

You should be happy that the fandom was able to impact their dlc decision at all because that does not normally happen.

I understand if you aren't super excited for Ryo not everyone likes everyone but Sumo didn't have to do this at all, it's crazy to expect them to make more than one of the voted characters.

• Thumbs Up 7

The original DLC campaign was for one poll-topping character to be made. No one at Sumo ever said that more than one of the winners would be made.

Ryo was the winner by far, ergo, it easily makes the most sense for him to be made.

I don't understand why people are acting so entitled, all you did is vote for the character you wanted most, you aren't doing the development work, you didn't go up to SEGA with your jobs and funds at stake and say "hey the fandom thinks we should do this can you give us the funding and time to do this?"

You should be happy that the fandom was able to impact their dlc decision at all because that does not normally happen.

I understand if you aren't super excited for Ryo not everyone likes everyone but Sumo didn't have to do this at all, it's crazy to expect them to make more than one of the voted characters.

That's ridiculous. The fact that they're releasing a fan chosen character on one platform is downright disgraceful, and so insulting to the people who bought the game on day one, and the people who garnered SUMO and SEGA all that attention with the character DLC polls.

Roughly 3/4 of the people who voted for Ryo, won't be able to play as him, because he's only going to be released on one platform.

With Ryo DLC well, ACTUALLY HAPPENING, I think we are going to see a big update for the PS3/360/Wii U versions (maybe even the Vita version, hopefully...) of Transformed to have a big paid update ala Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition with Ryo along with the PC characters and some refinements to the game (more balance difficulty, alternate ways of earning stars, better physics for the cars, stronger online, ect).

...If Ryo actually comes to consoles at all, that would be a good way for Sega to make up for ignoring the console gamers with all the PC exclusive stuff.

As much as I'd love this to happen, we're talking about SUMO here. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with them. Apart from Team Fortress, there's no excuse for the other characters not to be added to the Wii U/PS3 and 360. Even TF could technically be added as they did see a vid game release on xbox 360 at least.

The one thing I really don't get about all this, is that they're putting their resources into making the character but they aren't optimising their potential consumer base by only limiting themselves to what is essentially 1/4 of their (1/6 if you count the handhelds) customers.

Even now, I'd still buy the DLC if they released it as I've adopted in the game. But this game aside, I'll never buy another Sumo game.

Look, Ryo won the poll and the character is added. I'm happy Sumo still cares about this game and adding new characters.

But sadly none of these characters interest me at all, including Ryo. Again, I'm happy that Sumo is still supporting the game but IMO the DLC characters are so far unappealing and none of these DLC characters will not make me want to boot up the game. If I'm ever going to boot up the game again, it's probably because I have friends over and they want to play a racing game. 

I should be grateful, but it's like someone giving me tofu for a free lunch...thank you so much for the lunch but no thanks because I hate tofu.

Yes I know Sumo couldn't please everyone, but they can at least try to the top 3 characters in that poll and not just one. Hey maybe they are not just adding Ryo because who knows, I'm not Sumo. And if they can't, fine...but you can't expect me (or anybody else who didn't vote for Ryo) to be personally happy with Ryo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... after the Nights fanbase showed how crazy they were to Sumo Digital, Nights made it into Transformed... Sumo's more in touch with the fans than SEGA is, so who knows. They might keep Nack in mind. wink.png

I get the feeling there might be some sort of legal issue barring his use, though. If I recall correctly he's actually possibly owned by someone besides SEGA...?

That's ridiculous. The fact that they're releasing a fan chosen character on one platform is downright disgraceful, and so insulting to the people who bought the game on day one, and the people who garnered SUMO and SEGA all that attention with the character DLC polls.

Roughly 3/4 of the people who voted for Ryo, won't be able to play as him, because he's only going to be released on one platform.

My post was not about Ryo being on consoles or not. If he isn't on consoles, I will indeed be really disappointed since yeah probably most of the people who voted are console users. Unfortunately it'd probably be really expensive to release it across all consoles but it'd be really appreciated.

My post was more about people who feel entitled to having more characters than Ryo after getting Ryo alone is more than enough.

Look, Ryo won the poll and the character is added. I'm happy Sumo still cares about this game and adding new characters.

But sadly none of these characters interest me at all, including Ryo. Again, I'm happy that Sumo is still supporting the game but IMO the DLC characters are so far unappealing and none of these DLC characters will not make me want to boot up the game. If I'm ever going to boot up the game again, it's probably because I have friends over and they want to play a racing game. 

I should be grateful, but it's like someone giving me tofu for a free lunch...thank you so much for the lunch but no thanks because I hate tofu.

Yes I know Sumo couldn't please everyone, but they can at least try to the top 3 characters in that poll and not just one. Hey maybe they are not just adding Ryo because who knows, I'm not Sumo. And if they can't, fine...but you can't expect me (or anybody else who didn't vote for Ryo) to be personally happy with Ryo.

Like I said, not everyone can be everyone's favourite character. Ryo won, you were disappointed, but if a character you wanted won, many other people would probably be disappointed.

You can't please everyone, and it's also not realistic to expect Sumo to make 2 or 3 of the voted characters when you have no idea how expensive it is to make even a single ASRT character (extremely extremely expensive, and Sumo are lucky enough as it is that SEGA funded them to create Ryo based on a fan poll of all things.)

It is a shame for those who don't like Ryo and I don't expect everyone to like him, but for now can people be happy that Sumo have been able to give the fans anything at all? It's not easy for Sumo, not nearly as easy as people seem to think. I would at least expect people to congratulate Sumo for their efforts and hard work rather than saying "look you spent tons of time and money and asked SEGA to do something nice for the fans BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH"

honestly the amount of unwarranted shit Sumo gets thrown at them for doing their job part of me thinks they'd get less hate if they said from the offset that there wouldn't be DLC at all.

It is a shame for those who don't like Ryo and I don't expect everyone to like him, but for now can people be happy that Sumo have been able to give the fans anything at all? It's not easy for Sumo, not nearly as easy as people seem to think. I would at least expect people to congratulate Sumo for their efforts and hard work rather than saying "look you spent tons of time and money and asked SEGA to do something nice for the fans BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH"

honestly the amount of unwarranted shit Sumo gets thrown at them for doing their job part of me thinks they'd get less hate if they said from the offset that there wouldn't be DLC at all.

As I said, I'm happy for Sumo for still supporting this game because many developers will just release the game and move on. I forgot to congratulate Sumo, so I want to personally thank them for their efforts. ^^

There are always going to be fans in splits. You release a game with multiple playable characters, if their character isn't in the game expect some anger/disappointment with some of those fans. And I think Sumo knew the consequences.

I even feel sorry for S0L when I look at the SEGA forums as he is getting the same crap over and over. But at the end of the day, you can't expect everyone to be happy with General Winter, some other character I forgot his name, Simon and Ryo as the final DLC characters. There's always going to be disappointment.

If they can't handle the negative feedback or they are getting fed up I advice them to ignore SSMB, Steam Community and the SEGA forums.

Personally I'm not angry at Sumo but a little upset with the DLC collection. I know the crap they have to go through though. But I'm happy for the Ryo fans that they finally got the character they want (even though it's a PC exclusive at this time) and can now boot up Transformed once again when it's released.

• Thumbs Up 1

I totally see where you're coming from, but I think most of the DLC decisions are SEGA bigwigs rather than Sumo. For example, SEGA are obviously pretty happy with their recent inquisitions of other companies and franchises, they probably thought "ok Sumo we'll let you make that cool character the fans want AFTER you do some promoting for these new games we own like the thing with the romans oh man".

Sumo don't have nearly as much freedom in this whole thing as people assume and while I understand their disappointment I just wanted to say really that it's unfair to get mad at Sumo in particular for it cause they're the ones doing the hard work and in this situation at least they're at the brunt of peoples' anger when as far as they're concerned they wanna do nice things for the fans for no real reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

We don't even know if Ryo is PC exclusive yet. At least wait and see before you go back to entitled whining.

'Sides. A fucking OutRun cabinet car. That more than makes up for the Yogscast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh for gods sake. This is Segas decison. NOT Sumos.

Sega are the client, Sumo is the creator. Sega specifies what console/version the characters go on. Sumo makes it to that specification.

Sumo do not decide what console characters go on. Thats Segas decision. Because they are the owners of it.

...why do you even bother. This has been said to him for like the umpteenth time. Ignore him, because you are talking to a brick wall.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ryo is a bit boring, but at least he's a character people wanted and is relevant to SEGA's history. Plus he's cool and his vehicles seem to be funny (Though, if there's something from his plane out there, I haven't seen it). At least it's not Miyo. Though, I do wish it was Ristar or TJ&E (Or Nack, but that was always a pipe-dream).

Where's all this about him being a PC exclusive coming from?

Nowhere really, it's just an educated guess. Wouldn't be too surprised if it was true but there's been nothing to confirm that's the case.

I'm a massive AM2 nerd, so this pleases me. The only thing I'd probably like more is Harrier from Space Harrier - which sadly I doubt would ever happen. Maybe in Sonic and All Stars Fighting. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been hinted at since before Yogscast was announced.

It's been hinted at since before Yogscast was announced.

I'm quite sure the whole "console owners will be disappointed" was just referring to the then to be revealed Simon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright my original rant may have been a bit all over the place, so I'm editing it. For clarification too its not aimed at Sumo, they do a fantastic job. Its more aimed at Sega themselves.

I understand the one side of the debate where getting anything is a blessing, and its Sega's time spent on making these characters etc for the game. But on the other hand you are forgetting the other side of the coin.

I believe we sell ourselves short with what we seem to think we are or are not entitled too and who Sega should or should not listen too in regards to their games or any additions to them. Sega sells games, they have other ventures yes, but in this case its games we are talking about. We buy those games, so in essence we fund their company, we pay for the games they make and we pay their staff. A gross simplification but boiled down its pretty much true, if no one buys their product they would cease to be. Same goes for any business.

So long story short. If anyone SHOULD get a say in what Sega does with any particular game, if anyone SHOULD be listened too for criticizism or for what they could add, it SHOULD be the fans first and foremost. They are the ones still playing after the games been on the market for a year, they are the ones that get into every minor detail of the game, they are the ones that spend hours apon hours playing and getting every trophy etc.

You spend all your time worried about the mass market or the fickel and ever changing mind of the casual gamer then you end up in a right mess with your fans like Capcom/Square/EA currently are dealing with. Even Nintendo to some digree with its Wii U sales, and I love poor Nintendo, but they are getting left behind tech wise.

No we shouldn't be over the top demanding, or rudely expecting, but when we pay for a product or service we shouldn't ever feel like we don't have a right to suggest or complain or even to a lesser extent feel entitled. Bigger companies need to remember what the smaller ones have to every day. Without their customers or "fans" they wouldn't exist at all, so keep the door open and listen to them.

/end rant