Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Y'know, since this topic is still around and I've finally gotten around to playing more of this game and trying to unlock everything, I gotta say that for the most part, I find this game a lot more fun and fair than many of the Mario Kart Games. However, Expert Mode is Grade-A bullshit. Especially for missions like "Versus", "Battle Race" and "Pursuit" (It's not really RNG, it's just got a very annoying to dodge second phase with all the missiles)- oh, and let's especially not forget to mention "Traffic Attack" (which although less RNG based and more skill based than the others, it has nearly Metropolis levels of cheap design). I can do races, Boost Races, Drift Races, Ring Races, and Sprints just fine... because those rely on your skills as a driver. Those other ones are heavily RNG based with all the items, which the AI knows the PERFECT time to save their item for to most effectively fuck you over for a while or even the whole race.

I find that this game doesn't actually get that much harder on harder difficulties, it just relies on screwing you over as much as possible to prevent your progress- which again, is RNG, so it becomes more luck than skill. That's just how it feels to me, and of course, anyone is free to disagree.. but as someone who 100%ed the original game, I think I have the right to have my complaint. Especially as in this game I have gotten very close to 100%ing World Tour, and went through all of GP mode too- funnily enough, Expert GP was EASY compared to the last World Tour.

And yes, it took me this long to truly discover the depths this game goes to make sure I won't succeed at it. Oh well! At least I have most of the console mods, all of the tracks/characters and 33 of the achievements

Also, I wish I knew getting the Expert star would get me all the ones before it sooner. I assumed I had to get them all individually. At least it's helped me level up my characters...

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree the A.I in battle mode is cheap. Oh hey sonic um tails is right in front of you lined up. you have ice. Just hit him. oh no im a mile back in a turn but you someone perfectly throw it and hit me.

Also just bought the soundtrack. Digital. Saving 12 bucks. It feels great having the official tracks than poor ripped ones from youtube. My god driving down the road to adders layer is just amazing.

Pursuit? Trust me, Pursuit is really really easy. If you just literally go slow.

Really. Take your time. Just focus on avoiding things. The Tank follows your speed, so you should never have to worry about speeding up. Plus, the attacks always follow a set pattern, except the last one. So focus on avoiding those, then really take your time with the 'Wall' attack.

Yeah, since my post, I've already learned that. I have now cleared ALL of World Tour. I have every star, every console mod, every track and every character. Now it's time for me to tackle Time Trials, and I'll also try to max out everyone's level, MAYBE go for all achievements too. I've been going on this game hardcore since I started actually playing it. In the past 2 weeks on Steam I've played a total of like 49.1 hours of games in general, 45 hours of that was this game.

I still don't like Pursuit mind you, but it's less bullshit than the other stuff I complained about when you know not to rush things. Since there's no time limit, I eventually realized there really was no reason for me to go fast.

Eh, AI really isn't cheap, you just need to be really good. Sure they do know the right times to screw you up and all that jazz but once you start getting more experience under your belt, you start to easily leave them in the dust for most of the modes, trust me when I say that with this game, practice really does make perfect.

Cool cool. I got everything myself... except Ages Mod. Thus, also not all the stars. Because I don't really care at this point. Some of those S challenges are just evil.

That and the Panzer Dragoon level has an awful glitch I keep experiencing whenever I get an All-star, reaching the part that the bridge breaks, and then being sent back to the beginning of the second lap.

I dunno, having pretty much mastered everything, and being a master of the original game, I'd say I have enough experience under my belt, but I still find myself getting utterly screwed over- RNG just really hates me. There's only one thing I honestly, truly have problems with when it comes to actually being good at doing something, and that's really tight/curvy turns like the one in Chilly Castle. In fact, because of that turn near the finish line, I hate that stage. It's like the one thing I can't consistently deal with.

And I speak as someone who was a pro at the tight turns in the Monkey Ball stage in the original game, haha.

I dunno, having pretty much mastered everything, and being a master of the original game, I'd say I have enough experience under my belt, but I still find myself getting utterly screwed over- RNG just really hates me. There's only one thing I honestly, truly have problems with when it comes to actually being good at doing something, and that's really tight/curvy turns like the one in Chilly Castle. In fact, because of that turn near the finish line, I hate that stage. It's like the one thing I can't consistently deal with.

And I speak as someone who was a pro at the tight turns in the Monkey Ball stage in the original game, haha.

The original game is kind of a different beast. The original isn't as hard as transformed is and has different physics and a different approach to racing in general since you could mostly just snake for entire races (since the drifting was a whole lot more lenient here and didn't have much weight to it) in it and is a lot more forgiving when you get hit or mess up a trick since those don't give you as much stun time as transformed does (also unlike transformed it has some invincibility when you get hit, something i'm wondering why they left out because otherwise you wouldn't be getting as pumped full of items as you do online when you get hit). Not saying that being good at the original doesn't rule out your skills but you basically have to have two different mindsets when it comes to these two.

Also sorry if this comes off as condescending or anything, I just really get into games like these and I probably peer a bit more into these things than I need to.

Its not a hard game by no means. Just really cheap. Best example happended way back when the game came out...hang on

2nd lap. About to go on the third. A full health expert A.I camps at the warp gate *he had snowballs* I mean he freaking camps and waits for me.

That's, actually happened to me before. But I would chock that up to being a bug more than just being cheap (though I won't deny that they do have some very godly aim).

So I came to post (as no-one had told me) that the soundtrack was also available on iTunes...

Didn't really expect to find a link to download a ripped copy for free in here. Shame on you... sad.png

I'll go back in my hole then I guess.

---

S0L

---

Edited by Chris
Just removing the soundtrack URL!
  • Thumbs Up 9

So I came to post (as no-one had told me) that the soundtrack was also available on iTunes...

Didn't really expect to find a link to download a ripped copy for free in here. Shame on you... sad.png

I'll go back in my hole then I guess.

---

S0L

---

Bloody hell, yeah that probably shouldn't be there, it's probably because it was last post on the previous page is why it didn't get noticed.

Yeah, I figured it was a moderation miss...

Anyway, if you want a legitimate copy of the soundtrack, it has had a release in Japan (2 disk set no less) or is available via iTunes.

They've split it into two disk on iTunes (don't ask me why, not sure!) and in the UK at least it can be grabbed here...

(Disk 1) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871740500

And here...

(Disk 2) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871753361

Should be available worldwide if you search for it though :P

It's pretty thorough, Jun Senoue handled the remix and mastering with support from Richard Jacques and a little help from us. It covers all the music in the game, UI, in-race, race opening pieces and the All-Star tunes. Even has the original All-Star Racing intro music on there which I don't think has seen release before.

So it's about as complete as possible. It took a bit of arm twisting to make it happen, but we pointed at all the requests we'd had and it helped make it happen. If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

I'm guessing that was a figure of speech and not a hint? =p

I actually really want this OST, but really want the physical copy, just bit tight with cash at the moment.

Yeah, sorry. Would have removed it a lot sooner if it hadn't gone unnoticed. :)

Cleaned up for the time being. Support the game, guys, not the rips!

Anyway, if you want a legitimate copy of the soundtrack, it has had a release in Japan (2 disk set no less) or is available via iTunes.

They've split it into two disk on iTunes (don't ask me why, not sure!) and in the UK at least it can be grabbed here...

(Disk 1) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871740500

And here...

(Disk 2) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871753361

Should be available worldwide if you search for it though tongue.png

It's pretty thorough, Jun Senoue handled the remix and mastering with support from Richard Jacques and a little help from us. It covers all the music in the game, UI, in-race, race opening pieces and the All-Star tunes. Even has the original All-Star Racing intro music on there which I don't think has seen release before.

So it's about as complete as possible. It took a bit of arm twisting to make it happen, but we pointed at all the requests we'd had and it helped make it happen. If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

Well all I can say for the Soundtrack that you've done a smashing job with it. I highly thank you for releasing it

Thanks,

It's pretty exhaustive, we had to tune some of the mix points a few times to get it just so, so it makes listening to the whole thing about 4 times through worthwhile. Not that I didn't have fun you understand!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I came into this thread thinking there was gonna be a sequel when I saw that SOL was the last to post. Oh well Lol. The musics nice though!

Good to see the game doing well in Japan.

Also, as one of the 3 or 4 Puyo Puyo fans on SSMB, it kinda bugs me that the Puyo item wasn't included in the Western release. I mean, I definitely understand why it would be included in Japan over  US/UK, but a blowfish... really?

Bah, but listen to me nitpicking here. It got representation and that's good enough for me.

But I certainly won't say no to a patch to change it to a Puyo over on this side of the pond. *cough*

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to see the game doing well in Japan.

...Did it? Last I heard, it was the worst selling new game of the week on its debut. 

Edit: Okay, it was the second-worst selling new game of the week. 

...Did it? Last I heard, it was the worst selling new game of the week on its debut. 

Edit: Okay, it was the second-worst selling new game of the week.

Do you have a link to that?

Isn't it still basically true that Sonic doesn't nearly have as big a following in Japan as he does in the US/UK? That, combined with the fact that it's not a Japanese game pretty much dooms it.