S0L

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

So I came to post (as no-one had told me) that the soundtrack was also available on iTunes...

Didn't really expect to find a link to download a ripped copy for free in here. Shame on you... sad.png

I'll go back in my hole then I guess.

---

S0L

---

Edited by Chris
Just removing the soundtrack URL!

So I came to post (as no-one had told me) that the soundtrack was also available on iTunes...

Didn't really expect to find a link to download a ripped copy for free in here. Shame on you... sad.png

I'll go back in my hole then I guess.

---

S0L

---

Bloody hell, yeah that probably shouldn't be there, it's probably because it was last post on the previous page is why it didn't get noticed.

Yeah, I figured it was a moderation miss...

Anyway, if you want a legitimate copy of the soundtrack, it has had a release in Japan (2 disk set no less) or is available via iTunes.

They've split it into two disk on iTunes (don't ask me why, not sure!) and in the UK at least it can be grabbed here...

(Disk 1) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871740500

And here...

(Disk 2) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871753361

Should be available worldwide if you search for it though :P

It's pretty thorough, Jun Senoue handled the remix and mastering with support from Richard Jacques and a little help from us. It covers all the music in the game, UI, in-race, race opening pieces and the All-Star tunes. Even has the original All-Star Racing intro music on there which I don't think has seen release before.

So it's about as complete as possible. It took a bit of arm twisting to make it happen, but we pointed at all the requests we'd had and it helped make it happen. If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

I'm guessing that was a figure of speech and not a hint? =p

I actually really want this OST, but really want the physical copy, just bit tight with cash at the moment.

Yeah, sorry. Would have removed it a lot sooner if it hadn't gone unnoticed. :)

Cleaned up for the time being. Support the game, guys, not the rips!

Anyway, if you want a legitimate copy of the soundtrack, it has had a release in Japan (2 disk set no less) or is available via iTunes.

They've split it into two disk on iTunes (don't ask me why, not sure!) and in the UK at least it can be grabbed here...

(Disk 1) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871740500

And here...

(Disk 2) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id871753361

Should be available worldwide if you search for it though tongue.png

It's pretty thorough, Jun Senoue handled the remix and mastering with support from Richard Jacques and a little help from us. It covers all the music in the game, UI, in-race, race opening pieces and the All-Star tunes. Even has the original All-Star Racing intro music on there which I don't think has seen release before.

So it's about as complete as possible. It took a bit of arm twisting to make it happen, but we pointed at all the requests we'd had and it helped make it happen. If you like nice things, please support it, otherwise it might make it that much harder in the future...!

---

S0L

---

Well all I can say for the Soundtrack that you've done a smashing job with it. I highly thank you for releasing it

Thanks,

It's pretty exhaustive, we had to tune some of the mix points a few times to get it just so, so it makes listening to the whole thing about 4 times through worthwhile. Not that I didn't have fun you understand!

---

S0L

---

I came into this thread thinking there was gonna be a sequel when I saw that SOL was the last to post. Oh well Lol. The musics nice though!

Good to see the game doing well in Japan.

Also, as one of the 3 or 4 Puyo Puyo fans on SSMB, it kinda bugs me that the Puyo item wasn't included in the Western release. I mean, I definitely understand why it would be included in Japan over  US/UK, but a blowfish... really?

Bah, but listen to me nitpicking here. It got representation and that's good enough for me.

But I certainly won't say no to a patch to change it to a Puyo over on this side of the pond. *cough*

Isn't it still basically true that Sonic doesn't nearly have as big a following in Japan as he does in the US/UK? That, combined with the fact that it's not a Japanese game pretty much dooms it.

I actually find it very strange that Sonic doesn't have a big following in Japan. Because for one, Sonic originated from Japan, and second, SEGA is the kind of arcades in Japan. And considering Sonic is SEGA's mascot, you'd think he'd be more popular. 

I'm not surprised. Yes he originated from Japan, features heavily at SEGA Joypolis and he's SEGA's mascot, but usually anthropomorphic animal characters just aren't very popular in Japan. Sure there are exceptions like Crash Bandicoot, but usually those are short lived. Want another example of a game featuring anthros not doing well in Japan? Solatorobo.

I actually find it very strange that Sonic doesn't have a big following in Japan. Because for one, Sonic originated from Japan, and second, SEGA is the kind of arcades in Japan. And considering Sonic is SEGA's mascot, you'd think he'd be more popular. 

I think the reason Sonic still isn't popular despite all that is because SEGA do very little to push him in Japan, they don't seem to really care for making him popular there at all. Sonic was developed primarily to tackle the console industry in the west, he was designed to be similar to western anthros like Mickey Mouse, with the big nose and cartoony gloves.

Typically, Japan doesn't like stuff made for a western audience, and the fact that SEGA historically does very little to synergize their western and easter divisions means that they will probably never bother to try and really push him over there. Ironically one of the only western things that is popular-without-fail in Japan is.. Disney.

Guess Sonic looking like Mickey Mouse wasn't enough to get him attention over there, it could be to do with the fact that he isn't marketed as "cute" much.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, still better than opening thousands of new ones:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumour-sumo-digital-2017-presentation-slides-leak.19751/

Let's look at more clues:

"New unannounced karting game about a very known IP"

Everyone in the comments hopes for ASR 3.

I guess it fits, I know we haven't had one in a lot of years but... Sonic needs a spin-off this year, Mario & Sonic is out of business for now, no major games coming up. I DREAM about this night and day, I loved Sumo Digital's work on ASR and its sequel, they are better than some main Sonic games, they are really well done. Also, didn't some Sumo Digital member (SumoRex) lurk on these forums recently? They only do that when they are interested in something. All the clues are piling up.

It'd be great news if true. The only thing... I hope there are more Sonic characters this time, they got a crappy treatment last time, only the usual 7... meh, boring, in fact the roster in Transformed was a bit lacking. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a solo Sonic Kart game, the characters are more known and popular to kids than some old SEGA IPs. I know I'll be getting a lot of flak for this.

I can only say YES! a thousand times. SASRT was great and it's been 6 years already. So much looking forward to a new entry.

Who thinks Classic Sonic will be a new character? XD

Yeah, 7 is big number enough..... of who am I kidding? I want moooooooore Sonic characters.

1 minute ago, molul said:

Dont' scare me man.

Logically it will be Silver or Rouge (or Big,  since he pulled it last time). Byt personally I think Chaotix would work best. They could work as homage to "wacky races".

Maybe it should be an exclusive Sonic game, we have done the Sega crossover thing various times, plus the first ASR was supoosed to have more Sonic characters, Transformed added a bunch of characters just to increase the number of playables and they were MeeMee, Pudding, Gum and Reala. So adding more Sonic characters is a possibility. Heck, Mario can have its own spin-offs  and Sonic can't?

1 hour ago, Jack of Tangles said:

It'd be great news if true. The only thing... I hope there are more Sonic characters this time, they got a crappy treatment last time, only the usual 7... meh, boring, in fact the roster in Transformed was a bit lacking. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a solo Sonic Kart game, the characters are more known and popular to kids than some old SEGA IPs. I know I'll be getting a lot of flak for this.

Naaah, total opposite for me. In fact, scratch that "Sonic &" out of the title and  focus even more on the Sega Allstars Cast, get some of the characters of the first game that didn't make the cut in the second one back and add some characters and franchises that deserve more limelight.  Get Puyo Characters in there, let the Streets of Rage Cops tear up the streets, let Segata Sanshiro show that he really is the best at everything, get Ristar off flag duty and... I dunno, someone from Valkyria Chronicles? Heck, throw some wildcards like Ecco in a Spaceship fishtank or Chuck D. Head in the mix, because why not?! Also, repurpose the items to more Sega specific things instead of generic horns and stuff, that'd be cool.

7 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Maybe it should be an exclusive Sonic game, we have done the Sega crossover thing various times, plus the first ASR was supoosed to have more Sonic characters, Transformed added a bunch of characters just to increase the number of playables and they were MeeMee, Pudding, Gum and Reala. So adding more Sonic characters is a possibility. Heck, Mario can have its own spin-offs  and Sonic can't?

Sure he can, and he did, but Sega has so many franchises that had fans in the 90s and 2000s that just straight up get ignored now that it's more than fair to throw the fans of those franchises a bone in some way. I mean, I'd love some of the more non-basic Sonic Characters to show up, I am a Sonic Fan after all,  but if the trade-off is getting to see some of the classic Sega characters that have been abandoned for way longer than basically any Sonic character has back in action or just a more diverse, fun roster in general, then I am mooore than happy to give them up. Even though I'd probably still be there day one even if the Roster would be Sonic only if the games are just as fun as the predecessors

The more pressing issue I have is the track selection for Sonic - having Seaside Hill and Sky Sanctuary back just a few months after Generations (despite the amazing remixes) was a pretty huge letdown for me, so I hope they get more creative instead of just shoving City and Green Hill from Forces in there because you have the assets and make some more creative reimaginings of past Sonic levels - a 3D Version of any of the new Mania Levels would be amazing.

But yeah, I really want this to be  true. I had a lot of fun with the games, especially the second one, so I'd be super stoked for another sequel. SXSW, maybe? I hope for the best. And yeah, please don't drop the boats and planes, they added so much.

Also:

11 minutes ago, molul said:

Stop. >:I