Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

A turd painted gold is still a turd.

Well that was just delightful.

Looking forward to the dev diary!

• Thumbs Up 1

A turd painted gold is still a turd.

Was only half-joking, but I'm sure you're aware that music and gameplay are completely different... things. :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Was only half-joking, but I'm sure you're aware that music and gameplay are completely different... things. :U

I'm aware, yes. And I'm of the opinion that they're both absolutely terrible in Sonic 4.

Edited by PsychoJosh

S0L will Shadow be a playable character?

He doesn't want to be asked about characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

So we've stopped arguing about characters and now we're on to arguing about music? Wow. Maybe we need a seperate 'Argue with PsychoJosh' thread? smile.png

---

S0L

---

You know, seeing as we're getting a bunch of new stuff next week I'm a bit reluctant to ask any questions

All shall be revealed NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z! I can't bloody wait.

• Thumbs Up 4

Some other questions

1 In the trailer I see Sonic flying in the panzer dragoon stage in a section with water under him. Is it possible to use (for example) a kind of weapon to hit a racer and let him fall in the water then force him to transform his vehicle in a boat? I heard one of the placeholder weapon is an ice cube that freezes the racers...is that possible to do that in the air, blocking a racer, and then forcing him to transform into another vehicle without touching any circle?

2 Don't know if this actually breaks rule A...are we going to see some duo/trio/groups of characters or there will be only singular racers?

3 Is there going to be a contest like the Bentley Jones one for the last game?

4 is there going to be an art book section in the game, where u might be able to see concept, characters' models and so on...?

5 Is there an imput to change the visual while driving , as real based racing games?

6 Will the announcer be a little funnier this time around?

7... more a technical question and an advice at the same time: would it be difficult to generate a specular version of the same track? I'm not referring as reverse track like Mario Kart, but literary specular. Might be cool to have it implemented

8 Are u going to include some unusual effect like black/white, hand drawn style, or just weird effects for racetracks?

9 is there going to be more CG this time around? :)

10 Is there going to be a Grand Prix mode for multiplayer offline? this thing lacking really knocked me off on last game

10 Is there going to be a Grand Prix mode for multiplayer offline? this thing lacking really knocked me off on last game

Wasn't splitscreen support for everything confirmed in an interview awhile back, thus, splitscreen support for some sort of Grand Prix mode?

6 Will the announcer be a little funnier this time around?

Apparently the announcer will not be in the game at all...or will hardly talk during races.

Thanks for your answers Steve! with the specular thing I mean a mirror effect: Like if u see someone play a circuit from a mirror, then every right curve is a left curve in the mirror and so on...

I have one question for you S0L, is there drafting in the game? That would be great. I don't think it would've worked in the last game due to the fact that he size difference between vehicles would have to be taken into consideration, but this time everyone seems to be driving extremely similar vehicles so I think that opens up the possibility.

I imagine that it would work like the drafting in Sega Super GT.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Thanks for your answers Steve! with the specular thing I mean a mirror effect: Like if u see someone play a circuit from a mirror, then every right curve is a left curve in the mirror and so on...

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this was answered yet, but will there be a sound test to listen to all of the songs?

• Thumbs Up 6

Will there be any customisation options for the vehicles/characters, such as vehicle designs, colours, costumes etc...?

I think drafting would be great for those long empty stretches of road that are too thin to snake on.

I think drafting would be great for those long empty stretches of road that are too thin to snake on.

Oh god, if snaking is possible in this...

Well, think about it. Isn't snaking guaranteed due to the nature of how drifting works in this game? If you get a boost from drifting, there will be snaking. It's inevitable. I think so, at least.

It's a high-level tactic that prevents races from getting too homogeneous. You're gonna have to snake like a boss in order to be a cut above the rest in lap times and such.

If they wanted to get rid of snaking they could make it more like Daytona's drifting, but I think that would be too difficult for the kiddies.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Evening!

Not sure if this was answered yet, but will there be a sound test to listen to all of the songs?

This is something I want to do - but I'm not going to promise it!

Will there be any customisation options for the vehicles/characters, such as vehicle designs, colours, costumes etc...?

Yes and no. There is something we're planning - but it's sort of different to what you're suggesting. We'll be talking about this one down the line though...

Long stretches of road are for boost pads and weapons :P

We did try to keep snaking down to an absolute minimum last time, it's still possible right now, but it gets harder the harder difficulty you pick and we'll likely try and minimise it as personally I felt it wasn't much fun in that other Karting game when playing online...

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5