Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

WHO NEEDS SEGA CHARACTERS IN A SEGA CROSSOVER

WHEN YOU CAN HAVE DANICA PATRICK?

In all seriousness now, I am going to totally main her just because this is just so ridiculous I would be a fool not to.

Danica Patrick is the new Big The Cat.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Stig would have made more sense... just who on earth decided this? Who honestly thought this was a good idea? Nascar doesn't even have that much appeal in America? It's virtually unknown in the rest of the world, so why did anyone think this was a good idea? In fact can we get the name of the person who suggested this as a good idea so we can mock them?

And are there any more equally stupid decisions to the character roster that we should be aware of?

I'm not saying that Danica Patrick is a crap driver or anything. I'm sure she's a lovely person and a great driver... but... why is she in this videogame? Why hasn't the time and effort to put her into the game been put towards an actual videogame character?

Anyone want 'The Coolwall' updated? Mainly the decision to include her into the game as apposed to the person herself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please tell me this is a giant troll? This E3 is just turning out to be the worst ever so far. WHY SUMO DIGITAL?! WHY?! First it's revealed you're behind the Kinect Nike fitness game, and now this silly decision that I don't recall anyone asking for.

Nascar doesn't even have that much appeal in America?

Nascar is insanely popular in America. Major races can bring in 9 million viewers. Considering how long they go for, and how often you see the cars, it'll be a moving SEGA ad the whole race.

Nascar is insanely popular in America. Major races can bring in 9 million viewers. Considering how long they go for, and how often you see the cars, it'll be a moving SEGA ad the whole race.

NASCAR is only popular in the South.

Please tell me this is a giant troll? This E3 is just turning out to be the worst ever so far. WHY SUMO DIGITAL?! WHY?! First it's revealed you're behind the Kinect Nike fitness game, and now this silly decision that I don't recall anyone asking for.

Personally I don't care about this at all since I'm not being forced to play as this character, and I'm not about let this silly decision ruin whatever dignity E3 has left.

• Thumbs Up 2

1970's Trousers mode would have made more sense!

I'm not being forced to play as this character,

Don't speak so soon... you've not seen what unlockables are going to be tied to her character yet.

Also is it just me or does she look shocking like Rebecca Black?

• Thumbs Up 1

If they're including Danica Patrick, then Flo better be playable in this as well! She's co-starred with Sonic fairly recently in Progressive ads and she was a free DLC racer in ModNation Racers, after all!

Edited by HunterTSF

The Stig would have made more sense... just who on earth decided this? Who honestly thought this was a good idea?

The same people who thought the commentator in the first one was a good idea

I'd say Sanshiro isn't out yet. They know he's wanted alot. He was going to be in the last one. He has high hopes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I DEMAND Colonel Sanders in his bucket-mobile.

Are you kidding?! We've been waiting two games for a playable Hank Hill, get in line! Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 7

Honestly, after this announcement I wouldn't be so surprised if Hank Hill showed up as well.

Only if his vehicle runs on propane and uses propane accessories.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Fireman Sam in Jupiter 999.

I really don't get the choice of driver either. If they had picked someone like Jeff Gordon or Juan Pablo Montoya, they are actually stars in the racing world in particular NASCAR. I can't speak for southern Americans although I do know a few NASCAR names, I've played a few NASCAR games myself, this girl seems like an unknown in the racing community.

Like I said in my status

Replace that nascar women with The Stig from TOP GEAR with Jeremy Clarkson as the announcer and James May as Flag man

YOU WILL HAVE ALL MY MONEY SEGA IF YOU DID THAT

Are there any screens of her character model in-game? I'm curious to see if it's more realistic as opposed to cartoony, and to see how well she fits in.

EDIT: D'oh. Sorry.

Edited by Mykonos

I want Fireman Sam in Jupiter 999.

I really don't get the choice of driver either. If they had picked someone like Jeff Gordon or Juan Pablo Montoya, they are actually stars in the racing world in particular NASCAR. I can't speak for southern Americans although I do know a few NASCAR names, I've played a few NASCAR games myself, this girl seems like an unknown in the racing community.

They chose her because she is racing a real SEGA branded Nascar. They can't simply pick any ol' driver, especially ones who demand $$$

According to Wikipedia:

She is the most successful woman in the history of American open-wheel racing, being the only woman to win in the IndyCar Series as well as holding the highest finish by a woman at the Indianapolis 500 of 3rd place. She competed in the series from 2005 to 2011. As of 2012 she competes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and occasionally in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like I said in my status

Replace that nascar women with The Stig from TOP GEAR with Jeremy Clarkson as the announcer and James May as Flag man

YOU WILL HAVE ALL MY MONEY SEGA IF YOU DID THAT

That's an interesting thought. Imagine James May floating with the chequered flag before the start of the race like Nights.

EDIT: And that is the end of that portion of the topic.

Edited by Major Ziggy

This just seems daft to me considering that she's going to be a nobody to Europe. whom are just as important a market for the game as America. It's one thing to bring up old SEGA characters that most people won't remember in order to expand their SEGA tastes, but this is something else entirely.

Edit: Whoops, Carbo's post wasn't there when I posted.

Edited by VEDJ-F