Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Personally I don't care about this at all since I'm not being forced to play as this character, and I'm not about let this silly decision ruin whatever dignity E3 has left.

I'm not being over dramatic or anything, and I know we're not being forced to play as her. Im sure it'll still be a great game. E3's been ruined for me by many things, not just this.

EDIT:

Guys.

Character stuff.

Character thread.

Woops. Sorry.

I'm curious to see if it's more realistic as opposed to cartoony, and to see how well she fits in.

I imagine she'll look similar to that vyse dude (can't remember his name). As for how well she fits in... I presume Nascar is known for having it's cars transform into fighter planes and battleships during a race?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping more than ever that this game has a story mode just so we can hear tons of stilted real-person dialogue.

"OH NO. DR. EGGMAN HAS STOLEN THE COSMIC TIRE THAT GOVERNS ALL RACING IN THE SEGAVERSE. WE MUST STOP HIM."

"Good idea, Danica! Let's blast through at Sonic speed!"

I dunno, guys. This is just so goofy that I can't not love it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think this is pretty cool actually once I got over the shock of it...It's a racing game so they've added a NASCAR racer as a playable character. Maybe her inclusion can help boost sales.

wow, i'm actually disgusted by the amount of bitching in this thread, you ask for something new, and different, SEGA/Sumo deliver and suddenly you all go ape shit.

i welcome this bizzare inclusion, a SEGA branded NASCAR is going to be awesome, and they're stretching out to OBSCURE SEGA REFERENCES

grow the fuck up.

O_O seriously, that car is freaking awesome...but... well I don't know, this whole "braking the 4th wall" thing is so...weird

HORNEEEEEEEEEEET SOL please tell us something more!!!!!! I'm kinda exploding right now O_O

End of the day she hasn't replaced any SEGA characters, she's an extra and we're very happy with the vehicle design we've done for her, which incidentally isn't the one you might think it is smile.png

---

S0L

---

GIAN "PHEW" for this

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear it wasn't your team's idea, S0L. I knew this would be SEGA's doing :P I can kinda see the point from a marketing perspective (if SEGA even bother to advertise the game like they should), but she still takes up an extra space that could have gone to another SEGA character/or video game guest character. Also, apparently she's only won 1 race and isn't even that widely known.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for that Steve, people need to chill. Also, I love the tease. What could a Nascar racer race in a SEGA game... hmmm...

• Thumbs Up 2

Its ok for me!

But i would like to see more about the game, this is the unique surprise for us?

Glad to hear it wasn't your team's idea, S0L. I knew this would be SEGA's doing tongue.png I can kinda see the point from a marketing perspective (if SEGA even bother to advertise the game like they should), but she still takes up an extra space that could have gone to another SEGA character/or video game guest character. Also, apparently she's only won 1 race and isn't even that widely known.

he's just said, its an Extra and not taking place over any SEGA characters, i'm guessing shes an extra on top of the 26 existing racers

Oh yeah excuse me for wanting... Oh I dunno. Sega characters in a Sega game instead of a marketing stunt.

sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-20100218114210179-000.jpg

Sonic-SEGA-All-Stars-Racing-characters-confirmed-1.jpg

^ Not Sega characters...

I'm sure they're not sacrificing a Sega character in favor of her inclusion.

Edit: Seems S0L already explained.tongue.png

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 4

he's just said, its an Extra and not taking place over any SEGA characters, i'm guessing shes an extra on top of the 26 existing racers

I know.That's what I meant. Even if the character roster was decided before she was proposed, it's still an extra slot that could have gone to an extra proposed SEGA character/other video game franchise guest character.

Well she doesn't replace any Sega character so i think everything is fine now that this has been confirmed.

Good Advertisement Sega. ;)

Car looks awesome!

i'm with Barry, you're all flipping out over this when its an extra to the game... you wouldn't be complaining if it were Hornet now would you? haha

^ Not Sega characters...

Yup and I'm pretty sure I've already said on several occasions that I thought Banjos inclusion was pointless considering there was no Ai built into him.

But thank goodness this character hasn't replaced anyone on the roster. So how many characters in total are we getting? Is it 27 or 28 if you include her?

• Thumbs Up 1

. So how many characters in total are we getting? Is it 27 or 28 if you include her?

This is the important question.

I hope S0L answers this.