Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

You know, when they pitched us the idea we went 'The fans will go wild...' I think they didn't get what we meant from that though wink.png

End of the day she hasn't replaced any SEGA characters, she's an extra and we're very happy with the vehicle design we've done for her, which incidentally isn't the one you might think it is smile.png

---

S0L

---

See folks, this is how important communication is, now imagine if he didn't say any of this, I wonder how much longer the complaints would go on(yeah I'm looking at Sony's E3 ATM).

• Thumbs Up 6

At first I was like 'Nooooooooo' but now that I've thought about it I'm in agreement with Barry. This kind of crazy extra really does remind me of the 90s. It's actually managed to make me feel a tad nostalgic. 0_o

I'm looking forward to hearing whatever lines she might have recorded too.

EDIT: I also support Bikini Danica.

Edited by Lungo

Hogfather may be mad now, but wait until he discovers the possibility of Danica SASRT merch: http://www.danicarac...merchandise.php

Think of it: shirts, hats, model cars!

I think Danica being in SASRT is a good move for the game. It might help attract a wider audience. Increase sales. Maybe a nice collectors statue for Hogfather. So I don't see what all the moaning is about.

the more I think of it the more I kinda "understand" it...let's just hope she'll drive the Hornet car, that would be TREMENDOUSLY AWESOME. At least Sumo should put an alt. color if they're going to include another kind of NASCAR vehicle

I'm watching them revealing the SEGA car around 1:21:00.

Edited by sonfan1984

I just asked S0L over Twitter as to quite how Danica fits into the character roster, and he confirms that she is essentially the 28th character, not the 27th.

Good news for those who were worried she'd replaced anybody!

• Thumbs Up 4

sonicnascar.png

Cameras capture the moment just before Sonic adds another young lady to his list.

Edited by Tmsp

I really couldn't care less about NASCAR or this woman they've got endorsing the game, but it's cool nonetheless. Incredibly lame, but you know, kinda cool at the sam time. Nothing to complain about really.

Edited by Blue Blood

See, I TOLD you guys that it wouldn't just be a Wii U reveal. I told you it'd be something crazy.

I love Danica Patrick, she's my favorite racing star. By being the most "normal" character in the game she defaults as being the most ridiculous. I can't wait to play as her.

The choice to include Danica is bizarre, surprising, questionable, and has caught me off guard. And I love it, and am in support of it and will probably main her.

Hmm, about the whole Danica situation, I originally thought,

"Wow, Danica Patrick? How weird can this get?"

But now I think that this isn't a half bad idea. I think it was a good idea on SEGA's part to include a recognized symbol to represent/advertise SEGA as a company. And again, it's a GOLDEN advertising opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1