Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I don't even know who's Danica. Meh. Not amusing Sumo, I was expecting more.

People wants SEGA to advertise their games more so I guess that's what they're doing.

I don't even know who's Danica. Meh. Not amusing Sumo, I was expecting more.

To clarify this was a move by sega not sumo digital

To clarify this was a move by sega not sumo digital

Not amusing Sega.

Seriously, that was weird, I went to college full of hype and when I back it feels like I didn't miss anything :/ I was expecting a real Sega char and a new track gameplay, perhaps a demo. Ok, the girl from nascar seens to be very popular and a cool person and she won't steal any slot, but c'mon, my body was ready for something awesome and thrilling.

Edited by Jango

Hmm, about the whole Danica situation, I originally thought,

"Wow, Danica Patrick? How weird can this get?"

But now I think that this isn't a half bad idea. I think it was a good idea on SEGA's part to include a recognized symbol to represent/advertise SEGA as a company. And again, it's a GOLDEN advertising opportunity.

You know what? I actually agree. I mean, how many times in the past couple of weeks have we been saying that Sega needs to step it up in the advertising department? We just recently talked about it via the 2013 Plans for Sega topic a few days ago...this really seems like a good idea and therefore I don't understand what the fuss is/was all about, seeing that Sega actually made an effort to really advertise finally with Danica Patrick and the #7 Nascar car.

I don't know much about Nascar, professional racing and the like but I sure do know who Danica Patrick is. I think overall she is pretty well known. I think using her is a great idea and good start in order to boost Sega's advertising, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed in particular. Hopefully Sega keeps it up and not slack off, as we know how much financial trouble slacking off in the advertising department got them in.

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 2

Danica's been a longtime crush of mine. I adore her and to see her in this game is an absurd yet quite pleasant surprise.

Danica doesn't just race in NASCAR, she also races Formula One. Don't knock it you guys, it's a legit sport. You try racing an F1 car if you ever get the chance, you'll see exactly how hard it is on your body.

nearly 7 minutes of gameplay with Sonic in Adder's Lair...you can see the whole level as well as some Amigo and Joe in action

• Thumbs Up 9

This is beautiful!

I wonder how they drive on lava though...

Edited by ArtFenix

nearly 7 minutes of gameplay with Sonic in Adder's Lair...you can see the whole level as well as some Amigo and Joe in action

[media=]

man I am really diggin how fluid the gameplay is

Whoa, Danica is in this? Didn't see that coming.

Although you gotta admit, between the fast Sega-Branded cars and go-daddy advertisements she does, I think Sega's marketing department hit the nail on the head with this one. They got their target demographic on lock.

Its certainly strange, but we will all be talking about this for days....

The problem with Danica is that her appeal is incredibly limited. I really have to wonder how many people outside of the US have even heard of her before now.

The problem with Danica is that her appeal is incredibly limited. I really have to wonder how many people outside of the US have even heard of her before now.

She's probably a little unknown to Europe/Japan, but as a pretty prominent face to anyone in the US, I wouldn't exactly call that "incredibly limited appeal".

Danica's inclusion in this game may actually be a subtle throwback to Blur, because she was the announcer and instructor in that game and the people who worked on it are now making this game.

what's funny is that not only did they get a NASCAR racer to be in the game(uuuguh) they actually got a REALLY TERRIBLE ONE. I don't know shit about NASCAR but she doesn't have a single win on her record as a professional.

I mean even Glass Joe beat somebody in the ring.

Except for the fact that she's the first woman to ever win an IndyCar race? And she's consistently placed in the top 5 in races throughout her career? And thus you are talking completely out of your own ass?

But I guess she's "terrible" because she doesn't always place first. Which is a ludicrous statement. Here's a news flash for you, racing leagues in real life do not work like Mario Kart where anything less than first place is completely worthless. She only recently started her NASCAR career, she was previously a Formula One driver with many notable achievements on her record. So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you're just pretending to know what you're talking about.

I'm very much a Danica fanboy, I will defend her the same way people here will defend characters like Shadow. So watch what you say.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 2

So is there a reason Sumo is using Jiro Musashi's design (Shinobi 3DS) and using it on Joe Musashi?

It feels like they have not done their homework.

So is there a reason Sumo is using Jiro Musashi's design (Shinobi 3DS) and using it on Joe Musashi?

It feels like they have not done their homework.

What are you talking about?

That's how he looks in Revenge of Shinobi. Who hasn't done their homework, again?

Revenge of Shinobi is the best game in the series imo, good they have choosen his design

What are you talking about?

That's how he looks in Revenge of Shinobi. Who hasn't done their homework, again?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Did you see him in action?

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58908/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-transformed-e3-floor-report/

Later in this video he appears, and has a long red scarf.

And in this video, you can see his icon on the map, he has a golden forehead protector.

[media=]

Its clearly Jiro Musashi's design.

shinobi.jpg

So who hasn't done their homework, again?

Edited by AngryBitter

She's probably a little unknown to Europe/Japan, but as a pretty prominent face to anyone in the US, I wouldn't exactly call that "incredibly limited appeal".

Not a little unknown, totally unknown. NASCAR isn't a thing outside the US, except some way to joke about red necks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can confirm, In italy we kinda "know" NASCAR name just because of how popular was/is Daytona in Arcade Games ... I've spoken to some friends that have a passion for motors, and they told me that they know something about NASCAR and have heard a bit about Danica, but they didn't remember her name at the beginning, they had to see some picture of her for recognizing the racer

Danica Patrick guest starred on The Simpsons in 2010. In 1997, Hank Hill made a Simpsons cameo. Three degrees of separation between SEGA and Hank Hill!

215-hank-hill-smoking.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4