Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

This game is looking great! It's now got me in the mood to play the first All Stars racing game again! Got to be honest, I actually never heard of Danica, don't know much of Nascar either, so I did a little research on her and I guess she does seem like an interesting choice and addition to the game even though I don't know much about her. I just love the way Sonic pushes/smacks that woman away in the video and I actually like Shadow's new veichle.tongue.png

Edited by C.J

Gameplay of Joe & Beat and the character select screen

[media=]

Edited by AceZX02
  • Thumbs Up 5

Actually, it is something we've suggested. SEGA's marketing team approached us for ideas of cool things we could do - and they got more than they expected! One of them was special collectors editions with some in-box stuff - but it's all a little in the air right now. If I find out it's a potential I'll vaguely hint at it smile.png

---

S0L

---

Anyone notice that you can hear an announcer in the ASR gameplay videos?

Sure it isn't as crazy as the first guy, but it is still there. (Ice! Remote! GREAT!)

[media=]

Good god, that remix of Jungle is sweet! I can't wait for this game now!

Of course, I couldn't wait for it ever since it was announced...

Edited by PsychoJosh

I'm liking the look of how the Character selection screen is presented in this game compared to the first one.

Gameplay of Joe & Beat and the character select screen

[media=]

06render.jpg

256px-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Not important but I just thought it might have been worth pointing out. The Sonic icon, while the ingame model does not use it, the selection icon uses this shot from the 06 render.

• Thumbs Up 5

06render.jpg

Not important but I just thought it might have been worth pointing out. The Sonic icon, while the ingame model does not use it, the selection icon uses this shot from the 06 render.

LMFAO!! holy shit I never noticed that

I assume they're all just placeholders. It's also worth noting there are only 25 character slots, when we KNOW the game will contain at least 27 characters.

Woah, has Jacque's mixed the original Jungle theme and the Banana Blitz Jungle themes together? That's amazing!

• Thumbs Up 5

Woah, has Jacque's mixed the original Jungle theme and the Banana Blitz Jungle themes together? That's amazing!

Oh, you're right.

I prefer the original Jungle theme and would prefer that to be the theme for the whole level but I'll live with it.

I think the character menu will drastically change in design when we see the final version.

I just want you to know that the reason for why I may have sounded upset is because you've done a perfect job with the other characters and the fan-service elements, that the fact that Joe didn't look faithful to his 16-bit design stood out like a sore thumb... So you should take that as a compliment. Other devs wouldn't bother to get 1:1 representation, let alone respond to bitter fans.

Oh well, not a big deal, I still plan on getting the game.

If he'd been the same in all the 16 bit games, we'd have done it, but sometimes there isn't a single point of reference so we have to make changes. We did try him purely in a white suit - but it just looked a bit bare, hence the additions.

I understand why you got upset - and no doubt now I've explained you can see why we've altered the design as we have. Which is mostly why we do this. When you understand the reasons, it's becomes almost stomachable :P

Thanks to S0L, I kind of really want Shinobi to have Will Farrel's voice.

Every time you hit a puffer fish mine, he shouts "John Bonham's playing Moby Dick for real!" ... and whenever he comes in second to Sonic, he yells "You're my boy, Blue!"

Thanks S0L... For implanting and simultaneously shattering my hopes.

I'm not sure how I can possibly respond to that :P

How about the box with your autograph + some other stuff? :3

We're hoping to sell more copies than I could possibly sign! I doubt my signature alone would be a reason to buy something, especially if you saw it. I've been accused of having a doctors handwriting - and not in a good way :P

Anyone notice that you can hear an announcer in the ASR gameplay videos?

Sure it isn't as crazy as the first guy, but it is still there. (Ice! Remote! GREAT!)

We do have the announcer - but it's not a commentator. Still need to call out certain things, but it's pulled right back.

I'm liking the look of how the Character selection screen is presented in this game compared to the first one.

I'm glad you like it, but it's very different to the full game version...

06render.jpg

...which is why it's full of placeholders :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, are there any music customization options? I notice that different songs play depending on what mode you're in. So is one able to pop into a pre-race menu and quickly decide what songs they'd like to hear in specific vehicle modes?

Edited by PsychoJosh

I'm glad you like it, but it's very different to the full game version...

Very glad to hear this. I didn't like the look of the screen in the demo... Also very pleased this game has a map, unlike the original. I like being able to gauge the distance between racers more accurately.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey, S0L... the Wii U version was just officially announced recently. What kind of special features does that particular version have, considering its special Game Pad and whatnot?

Within what you're allowed to reveal, that is!

holy shit the speed of this game is insane! Mario Kart & ASR1 are so slow compared to this! check out the speed boost you get between transformations, this is a glorious thing btw Sumo <3

Dat Golden Axe track is gorgeous and the music is seriously giving me goosebumps biggrin.png

S0L i have 2 questions for you

1. Will the game have an option to listen to the full track songs in full, even from the transitions between transformation?

2. S0L PLEASE release a proper CD Album for this soundtrack, from like the 2 songs i've heard i already want the soundtrack in my hands because it is THAT good....

my second question is really - Will there be a Soundtrack release? and not just digital.. this deserves a spot in my CD collection ;~;

Edited by Peacock

...which is why it's full of placeholders smile.png

Please don't change Gilius, if anything... make that expression he's pulling fill his entire window... I don't really know why... but it's just so funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love for the character select screen to kind be like this:

OnePieceGrandBattleCharacterselecti.jpg

Ever since I've seen this screen so many years ago, whenever a new game with multiple characters comes along, I've been hoping for a character select screen that's like this. It won't happen, I'm sure though.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'd love for the character select screen to kind be like this:

OnePieceGrandBattleCharacterselecti.jpg

Ever since I've seen this screen so many years ago, whenever a new game with multiple characters comes along, I've been hoping for a character select screen that's like this. It won't happen, I'm sure though.

It seems a bit confusing.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mm, not really too fusssed about what the character select screen looks like of all things. Just so long as it doesn't look like a place-holder, which the demo version looks like and is.