Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I actually have a question for S0L.

I noticed that in the character select menu, Gillius had a few meters showing his speed, acceleration, handling, boost and All-Star move. Does this mean that characters' All-Star moves are going to be part of the balance? As in, some characters might have a few below-average stats, but have a really good All-Star to make up for it? Is it considered as important as the other aspects of a character when balancing everybody?

I really wish the videos would show more of each characters stats in the character select screen :P

So, what items have we seen so far? I'm trying not to watch too many videos.

GHWUAAEEHANXAIEHRUACNOAUIDANCXAPZNFNVAPBGOEORUH

DAT GOLDEN AXE REMIX IS WONDERFULL! THE LEVEL LOOKS WONDERFULL! JOE MUSASHI'S LOOK IS PERFECT THIS WAY AND SO IS BEAT! GOD, THIS GAME IS WIN! START SAVING MONEY FOR IT: ->NOW<-

S0L I have a question: I'm not quite a big fan of "announcements" while racing (I hated the announcer on ASR1, no offense :X), so: will we be able to turn off this weapon announcements? And there's also something that I think it "kills" a little of the fun or surprise of the race: show what power-up the player currently have above his head. I know this might be something your team created to make the game looks less like other racing games, but I find an unnecessary add. Can I expect a turn off option for this too, pleaasse? happy.png

Edited by Jango

I really wish the videos would show more of each characters stats in the character select screen tongue.png

So, what items have we seen so far? I'm trying not to watch too many videos.

asrtpowerups.jpg

^Those are the items I noticed in the videos. So far I've seen and heard 'Remote' (which looks like a remote, unsurprisingly), 'Ice' (with a snowman icon), 'Shield' (a baseball glove) and some kind of...puffer fish creature? I didn't hear what that was called because the video has no sound, nor did I see what it did since the player dropped it in the water behind him, but it might act as some kind of water-based mine. As for the others:

- the Remote appears to send off a suicidal, miniature version of yourself this time around (it hit a wall and exploded before reaching anyone in the video though);

- Ice stops your engine briefly I think, so it's like a less time-consuming shell/glove

- the Shield temporarily protects you from one attack

I think that's right but they're hard to make out in the videos.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd love for the character select screen to kind be like this:

OnePieceGrandBattleCharacterselecti.jpg

Ever since I've seen this screen so many years ago, whenever a new game with multiple characters comes along, I've been hoping for a character select screen that's like this. It won't happen, I'm sure though.

It definitely wont happen but thats a cool/funny idea! I'm gonna pinch that idea and possibly try to get it in next game... if there is one!

It seems a bit confusing.

Agreed, but its still a cool image. And may have merit...

• Thumbs Up 5

*post of video*

Good god, that remix of Jungle is sweet! I can't wait for this game now!

Of course, I couldn't wait for it ever since it was announced...

I really need a clear video of the music for that stage. OMG that remix sounds awesome.

Edited by sonfan1984

Thinking of not watching any of the gameplay videos this time round. I've watched the trailers, but I think I might just leave everything else for when I get the game at release.

Some new stuff for Shadz to not watch:

More of the Golden Axe track with AiAi.

[media=]

Like, thirty seconds of Knuckles in the Panzer Dragoon track.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have another question, I notice that in the boating sections in the E3 demo, the water/lava didn't seem very dynamic or reactive. The lava parts of the Golden Axe stage in particular seemed to not have any waves or swells and didn't even react to the player falling into it. It just seemed completely static and immobile. This doesn't represent how it will be in the final version, does it? I didn't see many fluid physics at all.

Vyse and a pretty lengthy look at the Panzer Dragoon track for good measure.

I love that the announcer shouts "RESULTS!" like it's the best thing in the world.

• Thumbs Up 4

[media=]

Oh my... this game is REALLY beautiful.

At this point, I look forward to see more of the tracks than the characters.

On reflection, the fact that there's a crossover racer with all of my favorite SEGA characters is incredibly awesome.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Good work, S0L.

[media=]

Vyse and a pretty lengthy look at the Panzer Dragoon track for good measure.

I love that the announcer shouts "RESULTS!" like it's the best thing in the world.

Shadzter hurry shield your eyes because this game is looking almost too damn good

I had little to no interest in this game's predecessor. While the game looked good, I just never gave a damn about it. The game just looked like "Mario Kart-The Sega edition" to me, and I brushed it off to the side.

I'm actually excited for this game though! Obviously because of the new content that the original lacked. Like content from Golden Axe and Panzer Dragoon. I'm probably going to be Gilius Thunderhead in nearly all of my playthrough's. He was my favorite character in Golden Axe next to Death Adder. Getting a nerdgasm just seeing him in a brand new game! I love the different play-styles this game uses as well, and the game as a whole just looks so amazing!

Now if only we could get Nights and a character from Streets of rage in there. Then I could finally have a chance to use this legitimately.

tumblr_lru20eUTiE1qcym4x.jpg

Maybe I'm just saying bullshit to cover the fact i'm getting this game just for the gorgeous levels (theme's) it has. I'm a sucker for levels and visuals that look this good.

Edited by Mephiles550

S0L another question that's popped up in my head...

say in multiplayer, or races with more than 3 Lap... what will you do about track resets? since i know the scripted events destroy or change the track with each level, but say you had a 6 lap race, would you just continue racing on the 3rd variation of the lap for the remaing 3 laps? or will there be more scripted events? because i love the dynamic change of the levels, it reminds me Split/Seconds ability to destroy the track and make an entirely new route, except this looks much better :P

S0L another question that's popped up in my head...

say in multiplayer, or races with more than 3 Lap... what will you do about track resets? since i know the scripted events destroy or change the track with each level, but say you had a 6 lap race, would you just continue racing on the 3rd variation of the lap for the remaing 3 laps? or will there be more scripted events? because i love the dynamic change of the levels, it reminds me Split/Seconds ability to destroy the track and make an entirely new route, except this looks much better tongue.png

On a six-lap race I just imagine they double/triple/whatever the amount of time it takes for an event to happen. So an event that should happen on lap 2 happens on lap 3, and then an event that should happen in the third lap happens on lap 6.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Joe Neat talks more about Danica's inclusion, he says she'll be cartoony so i guess that answers that!

Eating Pizza Hut to keep me occupied and away from gameplay videos XD

Oh yeah that reminds me. I wonder if we'll see another Pizza Hut type promotion this year again. That was a tad random when last year you'd order a large farmhouse and start reading the Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing safety book.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a question.

Will the game have new artwork and renders of Sonic characters or will you just reuse some of the older ones?

Not a very important question, just wondering.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont know if that was already answered or not but I wonder if there will be an option for inverted tracks

I have a question.

Will the game have new artwork and renders of Sonic characters or will you just reuse some of the older ones?

Not a very important question, just wondering.

Ow yeah, and how 'bout that classic Sonic concept you spoke about S0L :D

Pre-orders, but I thought the game will be downloadable only 0.o I think I missed something.