Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Umm that's the LAST game, I'm obviously talking about the new one, which features completely remixed music. What's wrong with you?

I guess I didn't get the memo. So it has been announced that everything will be remixed? I mean, yes, there was that little golden axe remix we have all heard, but I did not know that they were going to be creating remixes for every song in this game (I kinda assumed that Transformed would have gone in the direction of its predecessor and consist of mostly copy-and-paste musical tracks) ... Guess my ignorance has put me in a bad spot, so I'll just shut up about it. cool.png

Edited by Unidus

I know this has little to deal with Transformed, but it deals with the original game.

All Stars Racing for iOS is currently the second highest downloaded app in the Free Section. The game has also landed on Apple's "APP OF THE WEEK" and it has a banner across the store page.

Congrats Sumo! You did a great job with the iOS version!

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, it's the third most downloaded app, as of now.

I guess I didn't get the memo. So it has been announced that everything will be remixed? I mean, yes, there was that little golden axe remix we have all heard, but I did not know that they were going to be creating remixes for every song in this game (I kinda assumed that Transformed would have gone in the direction of its predecessor and consist of mostly copy-and-paste musical tracks) ... Guess my ignorance has put me in a bad spot, so I'll just shut up about it. cool.png

You didn't hear the Monkey Ball or Panzer Dragoon music in the E3 demo tracks? The music featured on those tracks is significantly altered from their original versions.

Yeah, it's been confirmed by both gameplay videos and S0L that the game will have a fully remixed soundtrack, complete with variations depending on what vehicle mode you're in. In fact the whole choose-your-song thing is likely to be thrown out, S0L said.

On that note, I wonder if the returning tracks will also get remixes? I'm sure a lot of people would be veeery excited about a S&K Death Egg Zone remix lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure a lot of people would be veeery excited about a S&K Death Egg Zone remix lol.

Oh HELL YES.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've been playing some online... and I wonder if we will be able to use a character in an online race even if someone else have selected it already?

It kinda sucks when all your characters are already grabbed :/

I've been playing some online... and I wonder if we will be able to use a character in an online race even if someone else have selected it already?

It kinda sucks when all your characters are already grabbed :/

IIRC, when S0L talking about this in regards to the original game it was something SEGA said they had to do. Like with Brawl, they didn't want to have a bunch of Sonic recolours running around. Don't get why they couldn't do different coloured cars or something though.

IIRC, when S0L talking about this in regards to the original game it was something SEGA said they had to do. Like with Brawl, they didn't want to have a bunch of Sonic recolours running around. Don't get why they couldn't do different coloured cars or something though.

Yep, its as easy as having slight recoloured cars.

It would be awesome if some characters could have different suits like Ulala having her part 1 and 2 suit or JSR/JSRF Beat, but maybe thats asking too much.

Anyways I hope this time Sumo can do something with this (its not just having your favorite character, but the ones you are best with).

Edited by Ferr

People usually make their favorite characters the ones they're best with. I've seen a few Tails fanboys tearing stuff up. I personally liked using Eggman, Ulala and Big in the last game and I kicked ass with them.

Well, my main were Amigo and Ulala , I never played any Samba de Amigo game and though I like the character of Ulala, I felt pretty comfortable with her driving. For example I wanted to main Sonic first but he didnt feel right for me, so I just used him for the mission mode.

Still, you are right about the majority chosing their fav. character, its the nature of those fanservice games after all...

Forgot to mention this earlier. I was in WH Smith on my lunch break today, and X360 magazine has the game advertised on the back of its packaging. I assume the mag has a preview featured inside. Does anyone have this latest issue and could scan up the preview?

Ugh, I hope not.

I hate that developers have to shoehorn in touch screen functionality to all Wii U games. Nintendo just has to make everyone's lives that little bit more difficult.

Ugh, I hope not.

I hate that developers have to shoehorn in touch screen functionality to all Wii U games. Nintendo just has to make everyone's lives that little bit more difficult.

• Thumbs Up 6

Or it could be really cool. Why so pessimistic?

It won't. It's just a shoehorned-in gimmick, just like the Wii.

I'd rather not make this another Nintendo debate, but the fucking console isn't even out yet. How about we wait 'till then to make accusations, good or bad?

• Thumbs Up 6

You know what would be awesome? If the TouchPad had the option of displaying what is behind you at all times. OR, a first person view of driving. But I think the backwards watching could be useful for carefully placing items.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd rather not make this another Nintendo debate, but the fucking console isn't even out yet. How about we wait 'till then to make accusations, good or bad?

If I may be honest, I am utterly and completely anti-Nintendo. I hate them, I think they're horrible and the worst game company in existence today. I make no effort to hide this, and I think it's better to just be honest about this before anyone engages in a discussion about it with me. So everything I say about them has a massive bias against them.

You know what would be awesome? If the TouchPad had the option of displaying what is behind you at all times. OR, a first person view of driving. But I think the backwards watching could be useful for carefully placing items.

And choosing the exact place to put down puffer-fishes and mines, choosing who to rocket off and all...

Okay, now that we have proof beyond a reasonable doubt that there will be a Wii U port for this game, I can't help but wonder how the GamePad will factor into All-Stars Racing Transformed's gameplay. Will the game use it to a significant extent?

If Mario Kart DS and 7 and even the DS version of the first All-Stars Racing only used the touch screen as a mini-map, I pretty much expect this one to do the same.

If I may be honest, I am utterly and completely anti-Nintendo. I hate them, I think they're horrible and the worst game company in existence today.

Why so mad, did they kill your dog?

Edited by Pikawil
  • Thumbs Up 2

If I may be honest, I am utterly and completely anti-Nintendo. I hate them, I think they're horrible and the worst game company in existence today. I make no effort to hide this, and I think it's better to just be honest about this before anyone engages in a discussion about it with me. So everything I say about them has a massive bias against them.

I don't know how one goes about HATING Nintendo... I mean, c'mon, ya got Pokemon, Mario, LoZ... well, that's pretty much it. I, personally, do not like Nintendo as a 'console company', but (when they get the formula right) their games kick ass! So, if i heard that Nintendo was dropping out of the console race/war to become a software-only company, I would not shed a tear (I'd probably be very excited). There would be nothing better to me than to be able to play a Nintendo game on an xbox 360 or ps3.

Edited by Unidus

I like this idea. It would act like a rear mirror, But maybe make it optional. You know, different modes (Mode 1: Rear view, M.2: Race map, and so on.)

Edited by TheBlueHedgehogAUT

I don't know how one goes about HATING Nintendo... I mean, c'mon, ya got Pokemon, Mario, LoZ... well, that's pretty much it. I, personally, do not like Nintendo as a 'console company', but (when they get the formula right) their games kick ass! So, if i heard that Nintendo was dropping out of the console race/war to become a software-only company, I would not shed a tear (I'd probably be very excited). There would be nothing better to me than to be able to play a Nintendo game on an xbox 360 or ps3.

... METROID

Edited by Peacock