Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I really hope that this game has unlockable forgotten Sonic Characters like Fang, Bean, Bark, Shade the Echidna, Marine the Raccoon. just some characters their not bringing back

I really hope that this game has unlockable forgotten Sonic Characters like Fang, Bean, Bark, Shade the Echidna, Marine the Raccoon. just some characters their not bringing back

Unlikely (as much as I love Marine and Shade).

We don't need too many more Sonic Characters, SEGA has other franchises that need representation.

Or maybe we could put in some characters that are actually worth having! Hey there's a novel idea!

Big the cat is obviously not going to be in this. =[ I'd love to see Marine or Shade but there is no chance of that ever happening, sadly.

You know what would be awesome? If the TouchPad had the option of displaying what is behind you at all times. OR, a first person view of driving. But I think the backwards watching could be useful for carefully placing items.

My thoughts, exactly.

I hope Transformed for Wii U has the option of streaming the game to the GamePad, as well.

Big the cat is obviously not going to be in this. =[ I'd love to see Marine or Shade but there is no chance of that ever happening, sadly.

I, personally, think that the "bird trio" should just stay in their own mediocre spin-off games. (ya know, to make room for real birds like bean or that owl from sonic OVA) rolleyes.gif

Edited by Unidus

I, personally, think that the "bird trio" should just stay in their own mediocre spin-off games. (ya know, to make room for real birds like bean or that owl from sonic OVA) rolleyes.gif

they didnt say anything about the bird trio? just wondering how u got that from what was said

they didnt say anything about the bird trio? just wondering how u got that from what was said

Let me just patch that up by saying that I didn't notice I was replying to someone. ( is that believable? xD) Well, I just consulted my good friend Google who was nice enough to tell me that those characters were from the rush series. Knew I should have looked those names up before I spoke...

Let me just patch that up by saying that I didn't notice I was replying to someone. ( is that believable? xD) Well, I just consulted my good friend Google who was nice enough to tell me that those characters were from the rush series. Knew I should have looked those names up before I spoke...

haha yeah marine is from rush adventure but shade the echidna is from sonic chronicles.

Are we talking about characters again in the non-character discussion thread...? Why I oughta!

Anyway...

I'm back now from Japan - meeting all the good and great over at SEGA at some point this week I'll take some more questions (providing you stick to the rules!) and try and catch up on anything I've missed :)

Bonus points to anyone who successfully guesses the name of any of the IP holders I can't talk about :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm back now from Japan - meeting all the good and great over at SEGA at some point this week I'll take some more questions (providing you stick to the rules!) and try and catch up on anything I've missed smile.png

Welcome back S0Lsmile.png

Those meetings must be very interestingsmile.png

Now I would like to ask a question, its a small thing. I thought that in the last game the winners animations were a little poor. My question is in Transformed are you guys going to make them more interesting?

I hope you can answer that smile.png

Edited by redhellc

Greg Johnson.

Rareware.

Yu Suzuki.

343 Industries...

Nintendo?

Edited by PsychoJosh

Welcome back SOL! Quick question for you and the SUMO:

What are your plans for the All-Star moves this time?

How will they adapt to flying/boating?

And will the All-Star Moves have interactive music?

Er, there, I'm done. Just want to say, me and my sister REALLY enjoyed the first ASR. Thanks to everyone at SUMO for making a brillant game!

• Thumbs Up 1

SOL, are there any new spoilers that can be revealed at this time? Even little teaser stuff, like an all star move or the color of a certain racer's hair or the initials of one of the tracks that will be in the game... idk silly crap like that that could possibly cause fans to react with a little giddy smile? smile.png <- like this one?

I've got some renders we did when the original SSR was in process when we had characters on all manner of vehicles, but I'll likely never really be able to share them on the net. I do occasionally pull them out for some of the college and university talks I do, maybe you'll need to sneak in for one of those :P

Well, Nintendo is the only other major Japanese IP holder (that's relevant) that has an office in Tokyo (and it is in fact the Mario headquarters). So maybe Mario will actually be in the Nintendo versions this time. It was freakin' weird how only Microsoft agreed on letting Sumo use a guest character.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Am I the only one who would like to see the Rock, Paper and Scissors Masters from Alex Kidd in one out of control hand-mobile?

Edited by Justin Bieber

Well, Nintendo is the only other major Japanese IP holder (that's relevant) that has an office in Tokyo (and it is in fact the Mario headquarters). So maybe Mario will actually be in the Nintendo versions this time.

I think the world would implode if Mario made a Cameo in a Sonic Kart racer.... Although that would be a pretty slick way to move hardware on a new console.

Hm, I'd like if TSSZ's Kirby rumor was (half) true. Kirby would be fitting for the whole transforming bit, plus it'd be pretty cool for his anniversary. It'd be odd for Mario not to represent Nintendo in a game like this, though. But hey, they are already treating Kirby's 20th better than Mario's 25th. Plus Iwata used to be the HAL's president.

Edit: And I just noticed this isn't the Racer Roster thread. Sorry.

Edited by MarcelloF