Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Silver's usually used as party game fodder, and my liking of him's increased in recent months. I hope they consider including him.

While the plane/boat thing may at first seem a little odd, I thought it was actually pretty cool. Even moreso given how the stages are supposed to change between laps, thus making the race different and less repetitive.

As for why Sonic's in a car - well, he needs to make it fair for everyone else doesn't he? :P Sonic's the kind of guy who likes a challenge, and deliberately handicapping yourself is a great way to create one! :D

Looking forward to hearing the remixes(as I always do). Aww at the announcer's removal - I liked having a smart alec yell at everyone telling them how much their driving sucked. XD

LOL - we have already noticed and worried about this, but without the sign, it's not really his car. He's got the 'knowledge' anyway, like any good cabbie, so he could drive with his eyes closed.

Well, I'm not saying remove the sign entirely. Just increase the windscreen's vertical height, methinks.

So that the TAXI sign is over his eyes.

Whaddup S0L!

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the first game very much! :) But there was one, minor but irritating problem: The Framerate. I hope the new Engine will be better!

I thought I'd been April fooled when I heard about Danica Patrick? Are you seriously?

I don't even.

If Banjo isn't in this now then SEGA have lost a sale. Mario Kart Wii U will have to do.

Edited by TheAnvil

I'm pretty sure that Banjo isn't going to appear in Mario Kart Wii U either.

Edited by TheAnvil

Neither will Danica Patrick. I'm saying that there's no recovering from how bad having Danica Patrick in is, if it has Banjo then it'll soften the blow.

Danica Patrick is an awesome addition you fool. By being the most normal character in the game she is automatically the most absurd and that's what makes it so great.

Danica Patrick is an awesome addition you fool. By being the most normal character in the game she is automatically the most absurd and that's what makes it so great.

If you like that she's in then more fool you.

I thought I'd been April fooled when I heard about Danica Patrick? Are you seriously?

I don't even.

If Banjo isn't in this now then SEGA have lost a sale. Mario Kart Wii U will have to do.

An extra racer being in a game surely can't be reason not to buy it, that makes absolutely no sense even if you personally wouldn't want to play as that character. So what you must be saying is if Banjo isn't in the game, you're not buying it. Which is an equally mental reason to not buy a racing game based on Sega history.

Or what Shadzter said.

Neither will Danica Patrick. I'm saying that there's no recovering from how bad having Danica Patrick in is, if it has Banjo then it'll soften the blow.

And Mario Kart'll have Donkey Kong.

You do understand that Danica is an ingenious marketing ploy for the game, seeing as not only could it rake in a good amount of NASCAR fans, but it could also pander to all of Danica's fanboys. Not to mention the potential connection to hot wheels she could bring up if her "Danicar" actually turns out to be her vehicle. Also as PsychoJosh said, she'll likely turn out to be one of the most absurd and hilarious character there (I really want to hear her grunting "A! E! I! O! U!")

And tell me, do you even like the SEGA All-Stars present in the games, because it really sounds like you're there for Banjo and Banjo alone

If you like that she's in then more fool you.

Grammar is a lovely thing

An extra racer being in a game surely can't be reason not to buy it, that makes absolutely no sense even if you personally wouldn't want to play as that character. So what you must be saying is if Banjo isn't in the game, you're not buying it. Which is an equally mental reason to not buy a racing game based on Sega history.

Or what Shadzter said.

It's not an "extra" racer, she's taking the spot of a good character. Possibly someone like Ristar or Axel Stone. I seriously doubt I'll be buying this now as they've done probably the worst thing they could do on the roster, add a real person in. If they've cut Banjo from the original game and added a complete waste of space then I can't justify buying it. Especially around the time when I'll be splashing out for a WII U.

It's not an "extra" racer, she's taking the spot of a good character. Possibly someone like Ristar or Axel Stone. I seriously doubt I'll be buying this now as they've done probably the worst thing they could do on the roster, add a real person in. If they've cut Banjo from the original game and added a complete waste of space then I can't justify buying it. Especially around the time when I'll be splashing out for a WII U.

S0L himself has said she's not taking the spot of a character. Not liking her inclusion is one thing but not doing your research is another.

She is completely optional and likely completely avoidable unless people online happen to like her. I can understand where you're coming from, at least, because at first I was pretty flabbergasted as well. I've become accustomed to the idea though, and am actually looking forward to it.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 8

You do understand that Danica is an ingenious marketing ploy for the game, seeing as not only could it rake in a good amount of NASCAR fans, but it could also pander to all of Danica's fanboys. Not to mention the potential connection to hot wheels she could bring up if her "Danicar" actually turns out to be her vehicle. Also as PsychoJosh said, she'll likely turn out to be one of the most absurd and hilarious character there (I really want to hear her grunting "A! E! I! O! U!")

And tell me, do you even like the SEGA All-Stars present in the games, because it really sounds like you're there for Banjo and Banjo alone

Grammar is a lovely thing

Yes I do realise that she's a marketing ploy, but it's still a horrible addition to the game. I've been a SEGA fan since I can remember, but Banjo-Kazooie is by far my favorite game of all time. I was dying for them to add Ristar and Gilius (among others) as DLC to the first game, it looks like they finally added Gilius, unfortinately it could be too late and unlikely that I'll be enjoying him.

S0L himself has said she's not taking the spot of a character. Not liking her inclusion is one thing but not doing your research is another.

The time, space and effort that went into creating her did infact cost the spot of another character, whether or not they would have put that time, space and effort into making another character is a different thing entirely.

Edited by TheAnvil

The time, space and effort that went into creating her did infact cost the spot of another character, whether or not they would have put that time, space and effort into making another character is a different thing entirely.

Say what you want. This entire discussion has happened thoroughly back when the character was announced and this isn't the character roster thread.

EDIT: Looking back at this post it looks pretty rude. I'm sorry if it came off that way.

Edited by Mykonos

I did post a seperate thread about this, indeed we have our first group here in the studio right at the moment. They're doing some great work giving us feedback. We're still looking for applications and we might open up a third session of this too, so it's not too late if you fit the criteria!

---

S0L

---

Do you have to be a certain age? Edited by PwnzorProd

That works on the assumption that there are a limited number of slots to be taken up by extra racers, and I see no evidence that this is the case. If you are implying the design team were given the decision of "Danica OR Ristar"and chose Danica, I don't see what you're basing that on. It's pretty obvious from developer interviews, track record and the tidbits SOL tells us that these guys are really going all out to pack in as much as they can. It's fair enough if there isn't enough being included in the sequel to justify a purchase for you, but to blame it on the fact a certain character is included (well, real person but you get the drift < no pun intended)...well it doesnt seem like you ever really wanted this game anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whaddup S0L!

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the first game very much! smile.png But there was one, minor but irritating problem: The Framerate. I hope the new Engine will be better!

They are aiming for a solid 30fps for consoles (the water physics prevent the game from running at 60fps - at least in the case of consoles), but I'm sure that there will obviously be SOME slowdown at times in the game...they are working with 7 year old hardware after all.

As for the Wii U version...I have no idea how that will run.

Edited by KrazyBean

So you're saying that she's taking another character's spot, regardless of whether or not she's taking a character's spot, contrary to what the developers of the game said themselves.

I'm afraid I don't really follow this line of thinking.

• Thumbs Up 6

The time, space and effort that went into creating her did infact cost the spot of another character,

Edited by PsychoJosh

• Thumbs Up 3

you haven't been active in this thread for several pages, and now because a character you don't want in you're going to bitch and moan about it in the main topic thread? got character related qualms, go bitch in the character roster thread instead of reiterating past arguments we've already had over this and grow up seriously, Banjo was a special case in ASR1 i don't see why you're so hell bent on his inclusion in this game giving Banjo's actual owners don't even care for the series anymore, please just drop it you aren't going to win, its just your preference of what you want, don't force it down our throats.

we get it you like banjo.

Well, finally some grow-ups.

Ahem, will the game be playable at Summer of Sonic, and if yes, it will include any new revelations?

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah it is going to be at SoS S0L said they're planning for some new content at both SoS and Boom but that's only if they work out the kinks before the day, so he isn't promising anything

Oh cool, hope they unveil at least one new char, feature or track smile.png A concept or info might be ok too smile.png So, c'mon S0L, ♫Work it out, work it out, think about it! Work it out, work it out, talk about it! Work it out, work it out, make it happen!

Let's work it out, work it out!♪

/jk take your time, not ours smile.png

Edited by Jango