Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I'm expecting Ulala to be shown next.

Ulala plus Blaze/Rouge and revealing Danica's in-game look would be interesting. They could theme the trailer like a "girls night" kinda thing.

Oh cool, hope they unveil at least one new char, feature or track smile.png A concept or info might be ok too smile.png So, c'mon S0L, ♫Work it out, work it out, think about it! Work it out, work it out, talk about it! Work it out, work it out, make it happen!

Let's work it out, work it out!♪

/jk take your time, not ours smile.png

They probably will because if they do not it will be just like the E3 demo. They probably want to reveal new things to get people more excited for the game.

Why are we getting so mad at TheAnvil for this/

If he wants to not buy ASR:T for a riduclously pointless reason such as the inclusion of Danica Patrick or the exclusion of Banjo Kazooie (who has nothing to do with SEGA at all and thus shouldn't even be in the conversation at all), then let him. He's going to miss out on what could potentially be the best Mascot Kart Racer ever made. He can by all means go and by a Wii U (which by the way, is also a release platform for ASR:T) and wait a number of years for Nintendo's latest blue-shell-fest.

Why are we getting so mad at TheAnvil for this/

If he wants to not buy ASR:T for a riduclously pointless reason such as the inclusion of Danica Patrick or the exclusion of Banjo Kazooie (who has nothing to do with SEGA at all and thus shouldn't even be in the conversation at all), then let him. He's going to miss out on what could potentially be the best Mascot Kart Racer ever made. He can by all means go and by a Wii U (which by the way, is also a release platform for ASR:T) and wait a number of years for Nintendo's latest blue-shell-fest.

It's not that we're mad at him, more that we just don't like how ridiculous his reason for not buying it is

The last thing we want is exclusive console characters in this game anyway.

I'm sick of stupid arguments to the effect of "oh this character's just taking up a slot". There is no such thing as "taking up a slot". Every character that gets in the game was planned from the very beginning of development and Sega can add whoever they want after that initial roster is decided. The main restrictions are budgets and copyright holder issues. This is not a small-budget game like the last one, if a character doesn't get in it simply means that Sega didn't want them in.

• Thumbs Up 3

Something I found cute is that Danica's already wearing the Sonic logo on her racing uniform. Saw it in her ESPN interview after the Road America Sargento 200 last week.

It just made me go "aww".

Edited by PsychoJosh

I'm sick of stupid arguments to the effect of "oh this character's just taking up a slot". There is no such thing as "taking up a slot". Every character that gets in the game was planned from the very beginning of development and Sega can add whoever they want after that initial roster is decided. The main restrictions are budgets and copyright holder issues. This is not a small-budget game like the last one, if a character doesn't get in it simply means that Sega didn't want them in.

Danica Patrick was assuredly not planned from the beginning.

he already said before "except Danica's inclusion which was recent news" actually

Maybe not her specifically but they definitely had cross-promotional things in mind and planned for a bit of extra development time before setting out on whatever it would've been. This also underlines how easy it is to make a new character if Sega says so.

This fact even comes up in interviews where initially it was said that there'd be 25 characters in the game, and then it jumped to 27, and now it's at 29 (as some platforms may still yet get exclusive content, as someone said in an interview).

Actually, Steve said it himself in this interview.

Now why would he say "28 or 29" if that wasn't a minimum number smile.png

So yes, all the Sega characters are already set in stone. Anyone that doesn't get in will have been deliberately excluded, for potentially any number of reasons. Maybe their copyright status is complicated, or maybe they simply never wanted them in the game. It's Sega's call as to whether something is reasonable or not.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Busy day... Been talking about Transformed at Games Britannia and commentating on World Record attempts. You'd be sick if I told you the final winning laptime :P

Anyway, let's catch up...!

Do you have to be a certain age?

At least 16, we've got to make sure stuff is all above board and legal from employment law rules - even though it's voluntary work. Plus all that NDA stuff etc etc etc.

Yes I do realise that she's a marketing ploy, but it's still a horrible addition to the game. I've been a SEGA fan since I can remember, but Banjo-Kazooie is by far my favorite game of all time. I was dying for them to add Ristar and Gilius (among others) as DLC to the first game, it looks like they finally added Gilius, unfortinately it could be too late and unlikely that I'll be enjoying him.

The time, space and effort that went into creating her did infact cost the spot of another character, whether or not they would have put that time, space and effort into making another character is a different thing entirely.

You do realise that Banjo was also a marketing ploy...? Much like Banjo was added to the roster late in development, Danica was added at the request of SEGA once we were underway, but also had additional budget as a side effect. She's isn't taking up a slot any other character could as without the extra budget, there wouldn't have been another character. So please stop arguing over this (or at least take it to the character thread, where I can safely ignore it!)

Oh cool, hope they unveil at least one new char, feature or track smile.png A concept or info might be ok too smile.png So, c'mon S0L, ♫Work it out, work it out, think about it! Work it out, work it out, talk about it! Work it out, work it out, make it happen!

Let's work it out, work it out!♪

/jk take your time, not ours smile.png

I just spent my entire evening putting a video together of what will hopefully be the next reveal at SoS. It still needs some last minute approval checks - and might be a SoS exclusive (as in not on the net...) so don't hold your breath just yet...

Maybe not her specifically but they definitely had cross-promotional things in mind and planned for a bit of extra development time before setting out on whatever it would've been. This also underlines how easy it is to make a new character if Sega says so.

This fact even comes up in interviews where initially it was said that there'd be 25 characters in the game, and then it jumped to 27, and now it's at 29 (as some platforms may still yet get exclusive content, as someone said in an interview).

Actually, Steve said it himself in this interview.

Now why would he say "28 or 29" if that wasn't a minimum number smile.png

So yes, all the Sega characters are already set in stone. Anyone that doesn't get in will have been deliberately excluded, for potentially any number of reasons. Maybe their copyright status is complicated, or maybe they simply never wanted them in the game. It's Sega's call as to whether something is reasonable or not.

Again, I'll remind you the roster is locked in stone. No point shouting, crying or begging. Won't change it. Any number you have heard anyone say (including me) is currently misleading. I can't explain why right now, but it will become clear in time :P

That's why there is a rule about talking about characters in this thread, as otherwise we go round, and around, and around...

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 8

I just spent my entire evening putting a video together of what will hopefully be the next reveal at SoS. It still needs some last minute approval checks - and might be a SoS exclusive (as in not on the net...) so don't hold your breath just yet...

It will be an SOS exclusive for all of 5 mins as its almost immediately uploaded to youtube by anyone who has a smartphone....

• Thumbs Up 1

---

S0L

---

Even if we have to wait until a few days after the SoS event itself, I do hope you guys do find a way to release a high quality version of the trailer to the masses... I know people will be recording stuff with camera phones, but it seems silly to exclude those of us who cant make the trip.

Even if we have to wait until a few days after the SoS event itself, I do hope you guys do find a way to release a high quality version of the trailer to the masses... I know people will be recording stuff with camera phones, but it seems silly to exclude those of us who cant make the trip.

Timed exclusive things like this happen at shows and events all of the time. SEGA likely have it planned for release on their YouTube in an online blog post later in the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, I'll remind you the roster is locked in stone. No point shouting, crying or begging. Won't change it.

Yes, of course, that's what I've been saying. You have my full moral support. Carpe diem, Sumo.

Something is seriously wrong when you're buying a game celebrating SEGA franchises for a Microsoft character.

Doesn't change the fact that there's an entire community based on this very thing. :P

Guys! Summer of Sonic was great! I Have performed with Senoue and it was thrilling!

I have played Transformed A LOT and I can say that's really fun.. The drifting maneges to be better than the one in the last game, even if it feels a little different: it is more challenging to get use to, but it's a great evolution to an already great mechanic. The water/air section need some polish but they're really different and orginal, and they feel fresh. About the NiGHTS reveal I shall add a snow section, and in the video we've seen there are kind of portals that throw u into other sections. The stage looks amazing even if at an early developement. About the 2 new characters I have to say that, even if I would have prefered to see NiGHTS as a standalone character, I really appreciated their effort to get something unique. I'm a bit disappointed about having 2 chars from the same franchise even if I LOVE reala. I will give u the link of a video of me playing as AMIGO (first time beeing showed in a video playable for a fair long time) in Panzer Dragoon level.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXIbhaViBg

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just going to shamelessly copy and paste a post I made on another forum about this game, because it's still very appropriate here~

I got a chance to play the demo at Summer of Sonic. As someone who wasn't much of a fan of the previous game, I had quite a lot of fun with this one when I played through a round of the Panzer Dragoon level as Eggman and a round of the Golden Axe level as Gillius Thunderhead.

On the Panzer Dragoon level, each lap focused around a different vehicle form and each lap played in a drastically different way, which also served as a fantastic tutorial level by giving me some time to play around the mechanics of each type of vehicle in a stage without hazards flying all over the place. While the Golden Axe level was a more complicated ordeal, with boosters functioning as ramps during the boat sections, multiple paths in the driving sections and hazards aplenty during the flying sections of the track and all of these elements were included in each lap. Oh, and it was fun.

All three vehicle forms played differently as well, with the karts functioning as traditional Mario Kart style cars, the boats contending with rolling waves knocking the players around and the planes having a mechanic where you can use tricks to effectively strafe around obstacles while maintaining top speed if you have good timing. All in all, it was better than I expected~

Edited by Whackjood
  • Thumbs Up 1