Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Steve, I have a very important question that needs to be tended to immediatey.

Can I have your shirt? It's quite nice.

While I'm not massively hyped for the game because I'm just simply not a huge racing game fanatic, I can pretty much say that what I played (Temple Trouble) was just as fun as it looks in the footage. Handled great and assigning the tricks to the right control stick is a really nice idea, felt super satisfying.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I'm not massively hyped for the game because I'm just simply not a huge racing game fanatic, I can pretty much say that what I played (Temple Trouble) was just as fun as it looks in the footage. Handled great and assigning the tricks to the right control stick is a really nice idea, felt super satisfying.

Y'know, I wonder if tricks will become a staple for Sonic related games like the way loops and rings are.

It's great so far, looking forward to it thanks to SoS! Hope to see more soon!

Also big thank you to S0L. My friend was so nervous about chatting to people on the day, yet he was so comfortable talking to you in the pub. I hear he bought the Sumo guys a round. Thanks from me and Jason!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve, I have a very important question that needs to be tended to immediatey.

Can I have your shirt? It's quite nice.

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 1

S0L, the more I see the Sumo logo in your avatar the more I want to ask;

Sonic and All-Stars Sumo Smackdown. Yay/Nay?

It's great so far, looking forward to it thanks to SoS! Hope to see more soon!

Also big thank you to S0L. My friend was so nervous about chatting to people on the day, yet he was so comfortable talking to you in the pub. I hear he bought the Sumo guys a round. Thanks from me and Jason!

You bought a beer? That's like having a "universal translator" !

• Thumbs Up 1

managed to get 3 chances to play every level at S.O.S, the boating handled smoothly and the cars handled perfect, i also now see what you meant S0L about making it harder to hold the drift to boost level 3, very cool touch.

if i must say a few negative things about the game... i was well into the third lap of Adder's Lair (the Golden Axe track) in flight form, when i tried pulling an air turn to get around a rather tight corner, yet the game failed to pick up my turning and slammed me into the invisible barrier where i got stuck for a few seconds, before i ended up facing the wrong way... took a while for me to turn around with plane's not being able to reverse... was wondering if there will be a reset button for happens like this, also for the boats getting stuck upside down when near a wall. My other point was the items, i was concentrating so hard on navigating the huge tracks, pulling stunts and holding drifts that i completely forgot i had items half of the time, they also didn't seem very effective... the only one that seemed to do some sort of damage was the bees, and even then their hit box on the track seemed a bit bigger than the actual area the bee/buzzbomber covered.

i'm sure you'll tighten the controls up for release... and i was very disappointed that you had the pods muted! or very low, i could actually hear the Sonic 4 episode 2 music over the transformed demo (and it was on the other side of the room!) was looking forward to hearing the Adder's Lair remix! :(

but i loved every minute of it, i seen the amount of love you put into the stages and character and vehicle designs.

seriously can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually didn't want to see NiGHTS. Blasted YouTube previews. Then again, it's not like this topic is really one that should be avoiding spoilers... gotta be more careful.

Edited by Blue Blood

In the video I just noticed that you go to the same portal to get to both the Gillwing and Wizeman section of the track, does that mean that the nightmare sections act as part of this track's "transformation" and we'll be seeing another nightmaren boss in another lap? :0

• Thumbs Up 1

S0L is the guy in the middle? Man, you seens really nice, and your beard is awesome! Now that's some really good footage of NiGHTS! Watch a same level featuring grass, underground caves, snow, rock, the nightmare runway just teases me even more to see a Sonic the Hedgehog level! Can't wait to see what you guys will come up with!

Edited by Jango

When they talk about all these other games they have ideas for... I don't know how to feel, I just want them to keep making this. I want them to keep making Sega all-star racing games.

Come on, make this franchise into a dynasty. End Mario Kart's reign of tyranny on this genre. Assassinate him and take his throne! Viva la revolution!! Sonic's kart racing takeover has just BEGUN!!

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, for all the NiGHTS-as-his-own-car detractors... what they could do is replace the Nightopian with NiGHTS himself, thus making it so that the car simply looks like him.

It seems like a possibility. Just a simple matter of swapping out the driver and making a few new animations (although it's probably more complicated than that). Not saying they SHOULD do it this way, you know, just an idea. Maybe a secret feature or an alternate skin, that is if they're doing that sort of thing.

Edited by PsychoJosh

You know, for all the NiGHTS-as-his-own-car detractors... what they could do is replace the Nightopian with NiGHTS himself, thus making it so that the car simply looks like him.

It seems like a possibility. Just a simple matter of swapping out the driver and making a few new animations (although it's probably more complicated than that). Not saying they SHOULD do it this way, you know, just an idea. Maybe a secret feature or an alternate skin, that is if they're doing that sort of thing.

I don't agree. Infact, I saw a lot of suggestions that Claris and Elliot should be the drivers if NiGHTS was his/her own vehicle. I don't think anybody would have complained if that was the case. Wonder why they made a Nightopian the "driver"...

Probably because Nightopians are more "permanent" characters in the series as opposed to the kids which changed entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the video I just noticed that you go to the same portal to get to both the Gillwing and Wizeman section of the track, does that mean that the nightmare sections act as part of this track's "transformation" and we'll be seeing another nightmaren boss in another lap? :0

Well spotted... We're currenly refining the other boss due to approval feedback. That's why *she* isn't shown at the moment.

Spoiler:

(It's not really a secret, ...it's puffy, in her own little area!)

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't agree. Infact, I saw a lot of suggestions that Claris and Elliot should be the drivers if NiGHTS was his/her own vehicle. I don't think anybody would have complained if that was the case. Wonder why they made a Nightopian the "driver"...

Because no matter which set of kids they chose people would still be in an uproar over it, and putting all 4 into one vehicle seems like a bit much.

Well spotted... We're currenly refining the other boss due to approval feedback. That's why *she* isn't shown at the moment.

Spoiler:

(It's not really a secret, ...it's puffy, in her own little area!)

Oh wonderful <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Puffy! ohmy.png thats awesome! well transporting into a nightmaren boss area is a very nice idea!! kudos for that! smile.png

If some people have seen Wizeman and its 3 laps then Im guessing its like this: Gillwing -> Puffy -> Wizeman

Nice choices, although I wouldve loved to see Jackle in there, he was one of my favorites. Overall awesome job youre doing! Im going to love that track so much!

EDIT: I just thought of it now, will the player be able to fight against Puffy / Gillwing? or will they be hazards only?

Cause wouldnt that be awesome?

Edited by dabbido